Auburn 13 Alabama 29 - Postgame Thread

RunInRed

Did Johnson drop 6 passes? Did Johnson miss tackles on Henry or allow those 2 big pass plays?

Johnson didn't play perfectly, but it baffles me how some of you can try to put this loss completely on him.

The offense lost it. The QB is the leader of the offense. Its well deserved criticism. If he doesn't rifle the option to KJ he scores in the first qtr. If he throws to the back of the endzone, Louis scores. If he hits Steven, Ray, or any of the others on the many 3rd down plays, we sustain drives and give the D a much needed rest. And before you say it is the OC and the play calling, realize that the plays were there...JJ didn't execute. No one else missed wide open receivers or throw 3-4 yards behind them. Those are some of the reasons he is being blamed.

Is it all in him? No. Countess should've picked it and scored. We should've sacked Coker and they wouldn't have had the long TD...that said, games aren't won or loss due to missed sacks and missed Ints. The D did more than enough to win this game.

Nailed it.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida PLEASE keep the Heisman from Tuscaloosa

Man. 270 yards. We practically gave it to him.

It's a wrap

He's a beast. We gave him nothing.

C'mon AU people...the guy is a stud and has pretty much done this to everyone they played.....give him credit...carried the ball more than 40 times and just wore out our defense.

What we gave bama was the opportunity to run whatever offense they wanted to run.....knowing that AU's offense was no threat other than the fluke TD by Smith.

Dude, at least half of this fandom have no clue what you are talking about. Sad really.

what are you talking about? no one is disagreeing with you????

Henry is good but the (drafting of) olinemen won him the heisman. The online is really good and they are young in some spots upfront.

close. a good offensive line goes a long long way.

we still had chances on defense. stopped them when we needed to. held when we expected to break for the most part. (not counting that last run)

Defense played well enough. Some sacks would have changed it. Some turnovers missed but ... we just did not make the plays to win...they did.

story of the season.

I know Henry is good and maybe deserves it. I think the online is always the key though.

all those journalists are biting at the bit to ask gus about will. i'm predicting first three questions.

What happened that set Will off?

:)/> the ref stole his high school gf one time?

HA! I asked because I missed whatever it was that made Boom so mad.

Take away the miracle tipped ball TD...and passing was 40 percent completions for 95 yards. Pretty much sums it up. Can't beat Vandy with numbers like that on a regular basis. We had a drop or two, but either qb play alone or qb and line play combined lost this game. Defense played well enough to win. Passing game was horrendously atrocious. With simply a 60 percent passing game we likely win.

Your comments are accurate but I do wonder what bama would have done on offense if AU had been more of a scoring threat. They were perfectly willing to let #2 pound away and nail down his Heisman and not put anything on Coker......which might have helped us considering how porous our pass defense has been this year.

I was proud of the defensive effort ....and feel better about our OL than many people on here. Bama knew we had an immobile and skittish QB and they just unloaded on their pass rush....and JJ was never able to burn them with something quick.

Looked like 2012 when we were a QB away from having a decent offense.

I would be. We shall see.

"Team loss," anyone?

I actually like our chances in the future with Sean White. We need him healthy and practicing for our bowl game.

Henry is good but the (drafting of) olinemen won him the heisman. The online is really good and they are young in some spots upfront.

we still had chances on defense. stopped them when we needed to. held when we expected to break for the most part. (not counting that last run)

Defense played well enough. Some sacks would have changed it. Some turnovers missed but ... we just did not make the plays to win...they did.

story of the season.

I know Henry is good and maybe deserves it. I think the online is always the key though.

His oline is great, and so is he.

How do you blame the coaching/play calling when you have a QB who is incapable of making a decent read/throw or who falls down at the sight of a defensive rush? The calls were good enough to score quite a few more points had JJ just executed.

story of the season.

He had more offensive yards than the AU offense....Let that sink in..

Not as disappointed as I normally would be...just missed in a couple plays that could have won the game. One more chance to play this year, I expect AU will be playing for a lot more around this time of the year next year

+1

story of the season.

He had more offensive yards than the AU offense....Let that sink in..

And we've got an offensive minded coach playing with mostly players he recruited. Ugh.

Not as disappointed as I normally would be...just missed in a couple plays that could have won the game. One more chance to play this year, I expect AU will be playing for a lot more around this time of the year next year

+1

yeah, maybe Gus's job?

sorry couldn't help myself.

story of the season.

Shhh I don't want to give bammers credit. (But you're right)

(Same time if LF was in bamas O he'd be hands down Heisman winner. The online makes a big difference)

all those journalists are biting at the bit to ask gus about will. i'm predicting first three questions.

He knows Tom Ritter and his sorry inconsistent officiating crew.

story of the season.

(Same time if LF was in bamas O he'd be hands down Heisman winner. The online makes a big difference)

The consolation will be him being subpar in the NFL :-\

Don't see why we go away from stuff that's working for no reason

I was yelling the same thing at the TV. It ignored me

story of the season.

Their O-line was somewhat of a question mark going into the season and now they look great. Hmmmm....

story of the season.

The consolation will be him being subpar in the NFL :-\/>

True but I really thought Rent Richardson was a can't miss back. I still think if he would give all effort he'd be a great NFL back. Eddie Lacy got with the right situation.

He knows Tom Ritter and his sorry inconsistent officiating crew.

Missed hold on Lawson. He got absolutely mauled on the late hit play. Then it was compounded by the late hit. They had been holding Lawson all night. He had enough.

Archived