Auburn 13 Alabama 29 - Postgame Thread

RunInRed

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They gave up before we were down two scores and you need to run to continue the threat of play action. You don't ever need to be one dimensional unless you're great at it....we're not

Did Johnson drop 6 passes? Did Johnson miss tackles on Henry or allow those 2 big pass plays?

Johnson didn't play perfectly, but it baffles me how some of you can try to put this loss completely on him.

The offense lost it. The QB is the leader of the offense. Its well deserved criticism. If he doesn't rifle the option to KJ he scores in the first qtr. If he throws to the back of the endzone, Louis scores. If he hits Steven, Ray, or any of the others on the many 3rd down plays, we sustain drives and give the D a much needed rest. And before you say it is the OC and the play calling, realize that the plays were there...JJ didn't execute. No one else missed wide open receivers or throw 3-4 yards behind them. Those are some of the reasons he is being blamed.

Is it all in him? No. Counters should've picked it and scored. We should've sacked Coker and they wouldn't have had the long TD...that said, games aren't won or loss due to missed sacked and missed Ints. The D did more than enough to win this game.

Bird what was our biggest issue? Defense played well enough I thought

As if it weren't obvious enough you could not figure it out. LOL.

he said it was execution which is always an issue when you don't win?? I thought it was mostly QB play. What did the Miss's think? Lmao

When y'all consult with Gus and Rhett y'all let him know how to fix it.

The misses thinks your a sissy too. LOL. Told me not to say the p word, but we all know it is applicable.

well you let him know that's not nice but please you get with Gus and get this offense corrected

Even though she is a former beauty queen, I personally think she'd whip your ass. LOL

was the award won at the fair or circus I'm sure she would with those hoofs. LOL

Really insulting his wife?? Smh

My bad I honestly thought he was referring to you. My apologies. Im sorry

Did Johnson drop 6 passes? Did Johnson miss tackles on Henry or allow those 2 big pass plays?

Johnson didn't play perfectly, but it baffles me how some of you can try to put this loss completely on him.

The offense lost it. The QB is the leader of the offense. Its well deserved criticism. If he doesn't rifle the option to KJ he scores in the first qtr. If he throws to the back of the endzone, Louis scores. If he hits Steven, Ray, or any of the others on the many 3rd down plays, we sustain drives and give the D a much needed rest. And before you say it is the OC and the play calling, realize that the plays were there...JJ didn't execute. No one else missed wide open receivers or throw 3-4 yards behind them. Those are some of the reasons he is being blamed.

Is it all in him? No. Counters should've picked it and scored. We should've sacked Coker and they wouldn't have had the long TD...that said, games aren't won or loss due to missed sacked and missed Ints. The D did more than enough to win this game.

he said it was execution which is always an issue when you don't win?? I thought it was mostly QB play. What did the Miss's think? Lmao

The misses thinks your a sissy too. LOL. Told me not to say the p word, but we all know it is applicable.

well you let him know that's not nice but please you get with Gus and get this offense corrected

Even though she is a former beauty queen, I personally think she'd whip your ass. LOL

was the award won at the fair or circus I'm sure she would with those hoofs. LOL

You looking for the redneck of the day award there little dick? Sorry, she made me do it. LOL.

I bet he makes you do more LOL

You are a winner. Congrats neckerson.

I hope we go with Sean in bowl game and win it. Hate it Carlson missed the last kick he took

Unless SW still has that nagging injury, I don't see any reason to start JJ again this season.

Right. That's what I was referring to. JJ will not QB us next year I would think so go with someone who could to build on.

Don't see why we go away from stuff that's working for no reason

I was yelling the same thing at the TV. It ignored me

We knew even the best case scenario we were hoping jj to be a game manager why in the third when it's still a one possession game do we start passing every down? That's going to be difficult for the best qb's why try that with ours? Then we know they're going to rely on their depth...we didn't need a shoot out anyway....I just don't understand

Every single drive stalled out when running the ball. I get the need to pass. without a few dropped balls we would have moved the ball better. There was no way we were just gonna win the game sticking with a primarily run first offense. when we were down two scores there just wasn't any other choice.

I'm afraid you are pretty much right....which is the shame of the situation 'cause when we got more active with the passing game we had people open all over the place and either could not get the ball to them...or the receiver could not make the catch.

Blame all around for the awful passing game from a coaching staff that is supposed to be headed by one the best offensive coaches in college football.

Okay, 78 and sevenlee, take it to PMs or drop it. The rest of us don't want the back and forth. Thank you

You got it. Sorry.

And it's been like that all year. Been a strange season.

I'm just ready to put this one behind us bro

what was working

Every play we pulled a guard picked up at least 6 yards. Misdirection plays worked. Screen plays worked

even JJ running the zone read worked. And then...nothing. Where did Jovon go in the 222nd half? Where did the 3-5 yard straight up the gut runs go? Where did the wheel routes go? Where did the buck sweep go? Where did the traps go? Arrrgh I'm just frustainting myself thinking about it.

They go away from Jovon at the oddest times. We have success then bang, pull him out and we punt.

Okay, 78 and sevenlee, take it to PMs or drop it. The rest of us don't want the back and forth. Thank you

You got it. Sorry.

Much appreciated. Thanks

And it's been like that all year. Been a strange season.

I'm just ready to put this one behind us bro

what was working

Every play we pulled a guard picked up at least 6 yards. Misdirection plays worked. Screen plays worked

even JJ running the zone read worked. And then...nothing. Where did Jovon go in the 222nd half? Where did the 3-5 yard straight up the gut runs go? Where did the wheel routes go? Where did the buck sweep go? Where did the traps go? Arrrgh I'm just frustainting myself thinking about it.

They go away from Jovon at the oddest times. We have success then bang, pull him out and we punt. Cost us a couple games since he has actually been available too.

That's a great point, Cole. In 2010 we dared people to stop Cam. In 2013, we dared people to stop Tre. We lined up and said "were coming...stop us". This year seemed like a constant adjustment. Almost an audible every play. We let the opponent dictate our offense rather than us dictating their defense.

Also they didn't really start getting pressure pressure on us until we went away from the run. Once we went away they pinned their ears back and got after us.

It's like basketball Steph curry is going to shoot threes you know it he knows it but he gets so many points from back cuts teams over playing him and also his team mates gets so many points off of teams adjusting trying to stop him. It doesn't work if he decides they know I'm a good shooter so I'm not going to shoot...

Really insulting his wife?? Smh

In addition to being clueless, he is classless. Go figure.

my bad I thought you were refering to Cole since y'all were tick for tack earlier. No I don't mean to talk about you personally my apologies. I'm done and hope you are as well ;) my redneck bomb fire is getting away from me lol

Since lsu, Auburn has lost 5 games. The difference in score was 8, 8, 8, 7 and today 16. In these games AU scored 9, 13, 13, 19 and 47(4 OT).

Muschamps passion is such a breath of freash air, and seems to be rubbing off on these guys.

Have to admire the effort on defense and the improvement they have shown this year. Those guys played their butts off today and there are brighter days ahead for Auburn defense. The Gus offense is not going to work without a dual threat QB running the show. It's that simple. Hopefully one of the guys coming in will take the reins and get things going next year because we can't win with what we have. I wish Jeremy and Sean the best and appreciate their efforts.

According a great many people at the beginning of the football season, our breakout season was supposed to really be in 2016. I am sure even those folks were thinking we had an above average QB. If current recruiting commits stand, we will have 1 new true freshman QB, 1 new JC QB, 1 redshirt freshman QB coming back from surgery, 1 redshirt sophomore (White), and JJ. Someone please tell me that CGM will give them all a chance to compete for the job and just not feel obligated to JJ, like he was for so long to Frazier. JJ is a fine person but not Div 1 QB material...too slow, tentative. Hoping someone here sees a future in one of our QB's. My hopes that when CGM offered the JC QB, he was already moving forward beyond JJ in his future mindset. Defense got respectable, O Line got respectable, RB are respectable, but Receivers and QB must be put in place and coached. I really cannot blame it all on CGM at the moment, as his hands pretty much became tied when first JJ tanks, and then SW gets lingering knee injury. Maybe CGM wil see the light and work hard to revive the Offense...both coaches and players.

That's a great point, Cole. In 2010 we dared people to stop Cam. In 2013, we dared people to stop Tre. We lined up and said "were coming...stop us". This year seemed like a constant adjustment. Almost an audible every play. We let the opponent dictate our offense rather than us dictating their defense.

Also they didn't really start getting pressure pressure on us until we went away from the run. Once we went away they pinned their ears back and got after us.

It's like basketball Steph curry is going to shoot threes you know it he knows it but he gets so many points from back cuts teams over playing him and also his team mates gets so many points off of teams adjusting trying to stop him. It doesn't work if he decides they know I'm a good shooter so I'm not going to shoot...

I love play action, but you need to establish the run in order to do it. We are not a drop back passing team. We dcline a penalty to go for it on 4th and 1, then on 3rd and two, when we've been averaging 4 yds a carry, we under throw Louis for a TD. Secure the 1st down then play action on 1st. The go with Louis was there all night, especially with Ray running a deep post...Cover two and all. Remember when we used to use the pump fake to open it up? Haven't seen that in about 5 years...

Since lsu, Auburn has lost 5 games. The difference in score was 8, 8, 8, 7 and today 16. In these games AU scored 9, 13, 13, 19 and 47(4 OT).

Muschamps passion is such a breath of freash air, and seems to be rubbing off on these guys.

Our defense gave up +250 yards to one RB tonight....Muschamp has a lot of work left to do IMO.

I've heard all the talk about our lack of top tier talent. But lets face the cold, hard facts, maybe we don't have a SEC head coach.

We need a QB. That is honestly the biggest difference. I know I am going to get killed but preferably a DT-QB. I like Sean white, but history shows that Gus offense is off the charts with a DT QB.

This should be on Auburn's Christmas wish list. A new strength coach. Our guys have been pushed around ever since Malzahn hired Ryan Russell 2 years ago Yox was better this guy. Malzahn should hire a new OC/QB coach, a new OL coach and a new DL coach. BTW, why in this world doesn't Gus use the tight end? maybe he needs to take lesions from Saban on the right offense it takes to win.

I've heard all the talk about our lack of top tier talent. But lets face the cold, hard facts, maybe we don't have a SEC head coach.

I'm a season away from saying that. Maybe.

Our defense gave up +250 yards to one RB tonight....Muschamp has a lot of work left to do IMO.

What you say may be true, but he IS likely the Heisman winner. Even before we played them.

We'll see next year if he's cut out for the SEC or not. This team has to show marked improvement.

Archived