Kirby Smart To Be Announced as UGA Head Coach On 12/7 (MERGED THREADS)

RunInRed

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, when did Richt step down or get fired?

Today.

WHAT?!?!

Man I'm late on this one. Thanks.

He supposedly "stepped down". Kind of like how Tubs and Chizik stepped down.

Well I guess that @$$ whopping that FSU gave Florida did not sit well with the PTB at UGA.

Well I guess that @$$ whopping that FSU gave Florida did not sit well with the PTB at UGA.

He dug his grave with the uat loss and then sealed the tomb with the UF game and overtime game vs Georgia Southern.

Herman? Pfft. What SEC school in their right mind would hire a coach with only one year of HC experience?

Coming on the heels of Georgia’s announcement that Mark Richt wouldn’t return as head coach in 2016, a source tells 247Sports that current Houston head coach Tom Herman would be highly interested in the opening in Athens.

The 40-year-old Herman is regarded as the hottest up-and-coming coaching candidate in college football. He spent three seasons as Ohio State’s offensive coordinator — winning a national title in his final year with a third-stringer in Cardale Jones — prior to landing the head job at Houston last offseason. While with the Buckeyes, one of Herman’s primary recruiting territories was the Atlanta metro-area, which could help him if he were to be hired by Georgia.

Herman has been linked to the opening at South Carolina, but reports say he’s withdrawn his interest. Industry sources believe he’d be content waiting at Houston for something to open at Texas or Texas A&M (Herman played college in Texas and GA’d with the Longhorns), but an offer from Georgia would be enticing for Herman to turn down.

http://georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Source-Herman-has-interest-in-UGA-job-41521292

So who is the frontrunner? Smart or Herman? Really confused.

They both are. Depending on which site you visit.

Seriously...it's all click a this early.

He dug his grave with the uat loss and then sealed the tomb with the UF game and overtime game vs Georgia Southern.

lost to Tenn also.

lost to Tenn also.

All things considered he's had pretty bad luck. Marshall got hurt twice, Gurley, Chubb. He had his star TE tear his ACL. Long and short, injuries weren't friendly. Not counting the Athens PD...

I just want Pruitt gone

Even if that means UGA comes after Muschamp?

Would Saban hire Pruitt as his would be new DC to replace Smart?

I just want Pruitt gone

He's not going to UGA to be second fiddle to another defensive coach who will have his fingerprints all over the D IMO. WM has full control over the D here and would be a complete moron to go somewhere where he didn't at this point in his career.

I just want Pruitt gone

He'd probably promote someone on the staff . I don't think Pruitt would go where he was running someone else's defense. If CWM were to leave, I would hope Gus would go hire Pruitt

I just want Pruitt gone

He'd probably promote someone on the staff . I don't think Pruitt would go where he was running someone else's defense. If CWM were to leave, I would hope Gus would go hire Pruitt

Not sure I would hire Pruitt. He is a great recruiter, but there have been major rumblings at UGA that Pruitt is a disrupter. Not quite so sure why everyone loves Pruitt too outside of recruiting. His defenses at UGA were loaded with talent but they weren't great; they were OK.

I just want Pruitt gone

Not sure I would hire Pruitt. He is a great recruiter, but there have been major rumblings at UGA that Pruitt is a disrupter. Not quite so sure why everyone loves Pruitt too outside of recruiting. His defenses at UGA were loaded with talent but they weren't great; they were OK.

Who else is out there to go get if a vacancy occurred?

Being reported that UGA has hired Smart. Twitter is going crazy saying he has targeted CWM as his DC.

Being reported that UGA has hired Smart. Twitter is going crazy saying he has targeted CWM as his DC.

Wonder in what capacity

Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart will be named Georgia head coach, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, which adds that an announcement could come next Sunday or Monday, after the SEC Championship Game. Smart is a former Georgia player. The paper also reports defensive line coach Tracy Rocker is expected to be retained

and then there was this

South Carolina: The school has given Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart a deadline of Wednesday before it will reach out to other candidates again, according to USA Today's Dan Wolken.

Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart will reportedly be named the next head coach at the University of Georgia, according to a report from Chip Towers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution

FootballScoop.com is also reporting that UA strength and conditioning coach Scott Cochran will join Smart at UGA.

Just saw it reported on ESPNU as well. Must be a done deal.

Archived