Kirby Smart To Be Announced as UGA Head Coach On 12/7 (MERGED THREADS)

RunInRed

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also being reported on AJC that Smart wants CWM to be the UGA DC. Sure hope he stays. He left AU last time for Texas.

Couldn't wait until after the SEC Championship game this weekend? Interesting.....I mean, what's the rush?

As for CWM....if he were to leave, that would be a very bad indicator of things at AU. Otherwise, AU has treated him great...paying him a fortune and giving him free rein as far as we know.

Couldn't wait until after the SEC Championship game this weekend? Interesting.....I mean, what's the rush?

As for CWM....if he were to leave, that would be a very bad indicator of things at AU. Otherwise, AU has treated him great...paying him a fortune and giving him free rein as far as we know.

Hearing that an announcement will come Sunday or Monday.

Hearing that an announcement will come Sunday or Monday.

Anyone have a link to him wanting wm to dc

Ok question for all you experts

If Bamako makes it to nc game he is tied up till Jan 11th.

So he can't really hire a oc or dc right?

How does that affect j Eason? Wasn't he going to early enroll?

What are thoughts around how that will pan out. Would love to see Eason end up a gator.

I just want Pruitt gone

Even if that means UGA comes after Muschamp?

Would Saban hire Pruitt as his would be new DC to replace Smart?

He'd probably promote someone on the staff . I don't think Pruitt would go where he was running someone else's defense. If CWM were to leave, I would hope Gus would go hire Pruitt

Talks are that they go after Pruitt or they promote Mel Tucker

Being reported that UGA has hired Smart. Twitter is going crazy saying he has targeted CWM as his DC.

Unless he wants out for some reason I don't see it. Reminds of the it was a done deal that even after we hired muschamp that he would leave to become the Falcons DC under Quinn before the season even started.

Heck it was a done deal a few days ago that muschamp would follow Jimbo to lsu. Lol

Being reported that UGA has hired Smart. Twitter is going crazy saying he has targeted CWM as his DC.

Unless he wants out for some reason I don't see it. Reminds of the it was a done deal that even after we hired muschamp that he would leave to become the Falcons DC under Quinn before the season even started.

Heck it was a done deal a few days ago that muschamp would follow Jimbo to lsu. Lol

It was such a done deal that he was going to USCe when we hired him that their own beat reporter put it in print!

Wow! IMHO, it is inconceivable that UGA would fire a successful coach that has been there 15(?) seasons to hire an assistant with no head coaching experience. CKS may hire a top notch group of assistants but still will have to learn how to be a head coach. I had thought that there were reasons that no schools had offered Smart a HC job in prior seasons....his name was always floating around but never really heard that he had an offers.

I can't imagine that WM would leave to go coach for a recently hired/promoted assistant. Smart is a defensive coach and would meddle too much in Boom's business.

I can't see Muschamp leaving for another coordinator position. He'll only leave for a head coaching position, IMO. Only reason he would move laterally is for personal reasons, which there are none I am aware of.

If I were Smart I'd be worried about hiring a good O.C. at this point.

Good for Smart. That's as easy a place to come in an win early as there is out there. We'll find out soon enough what he's made of.

Ok question for all you experts

If Bamako makes it to nc game he is tied up till Jan 11th.

So he can't really hire a oc or dc right?

How does that affect j Eason? Wasn't he going to early enroll?

What are thoughts around how that will pan out. Would love to see Eason end up a gator.

Smart won't be tied up. He'll leave and start working for UGA next week, unless he just decides to stay on, which I doubt. He can hire assistants anyway, regardless of when he leaves UAT. It will technically be UGA hiring the assistants, not Smart.

I can't see Muschamp leaving for another coordinator position. He'll only leave for a head coaching position, IMO. Only reason he would move laterally is for personal reasons, which there are none I am aware of.

If I were Smart I'd be worried about hiring a good O.C. at this point.

Good for Smart. That's as easy a place to come in an win early as there is out there. We'll find out soon enough what he's made of.

I can't see that happening either yet some AU fans are already scared. It makes no sense for WM to make a lateral move to coach with Smart who is a highley rated former DC. What does WM gain by leaving AU for the same position? WM has complete control over the defense at AU. He's clearly improved the defense this year with what he had to work with. Do Smart and WM share the same defensive philosophy? And even if they did...to me it seems like it would put WM a year behind in getting a top notch HC job he'd like to have once again as it seems like we're going to have a decent defesive recruiting class. Again..what does WM gain by making a lateral move to UGA unless there is something internally going on? Just doesn't make sense to me and just seems like a wish list from UGA and reading clicks from reporters to me.

IMO what UGa really needed was a good OC.....so who will follow or join Smart at UGa?

Seems that everyone must be assuming that Smart will be his own DC......otherwise, what's the big appeal?

PS....I think the idea (appeal) of working for their old school is over-rated for coaches....these guys are hired guns and have very little loyalty beyond whoever is paying their check at any given time.

It was so reported that Kirby Smart had accepted the Auburn job and then backed out. It was also a done deal that LSU was going to fire Les Miles. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I wouldn't make any judgements until he signs the contract.

Archived