Players leaving

bmartin3228

According to Hoke, Cameron Toney was highly contemplating transferring, but is staying now. Said he was very disappointed that he didn't get much of a shot to play, especially given our defensive struggles. He loves AU too much to transfer.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Hoke, Cameron Toney was highly contemplating transferring, but is staying now. Said he was very disappointed that he didn't get much of a shot to play, especially given our defensive struggles. He loves AU too much to transfer.

That's good news. I was a bit worried he might leave. I think Toney is a good player and hope to see much more of him next year.

Given our losses at LB, this is good to see.

didnt hoke get a new job?

I'm glad Toney stayed. Adams and Lawson would have been tbe the only defenders left from the original 2013 defensive class.

didnt hoke get a new job?

Yep, does not work for 247 Sports (Auburn Undercover) anymore and is completely out of recruiting.

From 247 free side message board, Keith N. commented and acknowledge that the poster was definitely Jordan's dad. That part is not open for opinion. I think what his dad said is probably true. He felt that his son had a better shot elsewhere. I think that is because AU will stay with the defense we migrated too this year. JC was actually recruited more for a 5-2 or at worst a 4-3. As his dad said it was business. Don't know why we think it is ok if AU chooses to move on when a recruit doesn't fit their scheme, but not when a player chooses to move on when AU changes from what he came in planning to play. Let's just all wish these guys the best in their moves. None of them did anything even remotely bad to the university. WDE

And fyi I was told by someone on the previous coaching staff that they saw him as the future as a strong safety so like I said I'm not going to argue, you have your view I have mine

So, you are calling the guy that says he watched Colbert practicing with the linebackers a liar? You are also calling two sources that say the quote from Colbert's dad is real liars? Just because what they are saying doesn't agree with your "view"? You've gone off the deep end lately, Cole. Maybe it's time for you to seek some help.

And fyi I was told by someone on the previous coaching staff that they saw him as the future as a strong safety so like I said I'm not going to argue, you have your view I have mine

So, you are calling the guy that says he watched Colbert practicing with the linebackers a liar? You are also calling two sources that say the quote from Colbert's dad is real liars? Just because what they are saying doesn't agree with your "view"? You've gone off the deep end lately, Cole. Maybe it's time for you to seek some help.

Cole seems to have born the brunt of the criticism for your recent tete a tetes, but I'm not sure why.

From 247 free side message board, Keith N. commented and acknowledge that the poster was definitely Jordan's dad. That part is not open for opinion. I think what his dad said is probably true. He felt that his son had a better shot elsewhere. I think that is because AU will stay with the defense we migrated too this year. JC was actually recruited more for a 5-2 or at worst a 4-3. As his dad said it was business. Don't know why we think it is ok if AU chooses to move on when a recruit doesn't fit their scheme, but not when a player chooses to move on when AU changes from what he came in planning to play. Let's just all wish these guys the best in their moves. None of them did anything even remotely bad to the university. WDE

Thanks for the info !!

I tell you what Mikey, you quote where when iron man said the quote was real I called him liar I'll stop posting for a month, but if you can't you stop. Ok?

But as far as my source I believe him over anybody since he has direct contact with the program, right now he's busy. I'll be honest though no I'm not just going to believe what anybody says just because. Once iron man and I had a conversation you see no animosity or childish behavior like you show.

Also note how you manipulated and misquoted to try to make a point. Also note the hypocrisy of you. You disputed the video of Colbert himself saying he and muschamp deciding he would start out playing safety but you trying to come at me because I ask questions about a quote from another board???

I guess you're probably becoming senile

Cole seems to have born the brunt of the criticism for your recent tete a tetes, but I'm not sure why.

Proved him wrong one time and now he'll never let it go do i randomly get these. Then au24, foundation eagle, and randoms I may have had words with like in week 7 of the season swoop down and team up like the avengers on me. Nevermind that very early in this I tried to agree to disagree. Also nevermind he's pulling this up from two days ago....

Actually now that I read it some of my posts were deleted so maybe that's why there is some confusion

Proved him wrong one time and now he'll never let it go do i randomly get these. Then au24, foundation eagle, and randoms I may have had words with like in week 7 of the season swoop down and team up like the avengers on me. Nevermind that very early in this I tried to agree to disagree. Also nevermind he's pulling this up from two days ago....

If AU24 disagrees with you, you know you're on the right side. Good job.

I swear some folks on here getting worse than bummer fans with black helicopter opinions. Kid decided to leave because he thinks it will better for him. Nothing against him or AU or coaches or anything else. It is what 18/19 year old young men do. Again folks grow up, it happens most everyday at some college in the country. You folks always waiting for the floor to drop out from under you. Some should just take a break from the game and the message boards,it has overtaken you as a human being. Your world does not revolve around a world of young men playing a game. More things much more important. WDE

^The way this season went, it's hard not to feel paranoid. It's going to take another good season to get peoples' confidence back. I myself would be just fine with the Richt/Tuberville path--winning 9-10 games a year even if it meant nothing above.

I swear some folks on here getting worse than bummer fans with black helicopter opinions. Kid decided to leave because he thinks it will better for him. Nothing against him or AU or coaches or anything else. It is what 18/19 year old young men do. Again folks grow up, it happens most everyday at some college in the country. You folks always waiting for the floor to drop out from under you. Some should just take a break from the game and the message boards,it has overtaken you as a human being. Your world does not revolve around a world of young men playing a game. More things much more important. WDE

Again, the rules should be changed to let a player leave at anytime to go anywhere and play for any team.This is supposed to be a free society. Universities do not own these guys. It is ok for the coaches or administrators to move , because it is a "business decision". Why can't players make business decisions. Hopefully at some point players will push this point. Then fans will not be too big on getting rid of coaches then. And players won't be stuck when a school makes a decision to change something. And please don't give me a spill about a free education. Auburn football makes 100+ million a year. That pans out to over a million for each player on that team. WDE

Again, the rules should be changed to let a player leave at anytime to go anywhere and play for any team.This is supposed to be a free society. Universities do not own these guys. It is ok for the coaches or administrators to move , because it is a "business decision". Why can't players make business decisions. Hopefully at some point players will push this point. Then fans will not be too big on getting rid of coaches then. And players won't be stuck when a school makes a decision to change something. And please don't give me a spill about a free education. Auburn football makes 100+ million a year. That pans out to over a million for each player on that team. WDE

Yeah, that's about the most shallow, least thought out argument I've seen in a long time.

Yeah, that's about the most shallow, least thought out argument I've seen in a long time.

Yeah. Why do I have to pay to go to games? It's a free society! I should be able to walk right in.

Who is bashing the players? Where did all this come from?

So become the NFL is what you want. Even they sign contracts aka scholarships

Yep, Hoke says both Toney and Colbert wanted more playing time, Colbert didn't think he should have been redshirted and they both had issues with those decisions by T-Rob/Muschamp. Colbert's Dad says he wants to play and he wants to play LB. So after the coaches left, Toney decided to stay, Colbert did not and that's all there is to it.

Yep, Hoke says both Toney and Colbert wanted more playing time, Colbert didn't think he should have been redshirted and they both had issues with the decisions by T-Rob/Muschamp. Colbert's Dad says he wants to play and he wants to play LB. So after the coaches left, Toney decided to stay, Colbert did not and that's all there is to it.

Im still wondering what position Hoke is in to be passing along this info if he found a new job and all.

Also, wasn't Colbert the one that showed up to fall camp out of shape? I seem to remember T-Rob saying he did.

Yep, Hoke says both Toney and Colbert wanted more playing time, Colbert didn't think he should have been redshirted and they both had issues with the decisions by T-Rob/Muschamp. Colbert's Dad says he wants to play and he wants to play LB. So after the coaches left, Toney decided to stay, Colbert did not and that's all there is to it.

Im still wondering what position Hoke is in to be passing along this info if he found a new job and all.

Also, wasn't Colbert the one that showed up to fall camp out of shape? I seem to remember T-Rob saying he did.

Could be about Colbert but I can't really recall it. Hoke will stop by every once in awhile to drop off some short but focused information. Apparently he has kept some of his contacts.

Archived