Players leaving

bmartin3228

Shon Coleman has decided to forgo his final year of eligibility and enter the draft.

Congrats and best wishes! War Eagle!

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you wanna know how the Auburn family really feels about Lawson coming back, watch the Wolf of Wall St scene where he says he is not leaving. Find it in the Lawson is staying thread. When you see how everyone reacts to him saying he is staying...that's how I feel

I know I'm happy. He brings more spark to the DL just being in the game. Takes the pressure off the others. Plus, he's always been a class act and has had his head on straight his entire career at Auburn. He's definitely a fan favorite that everyone can rally around--teammates, coaches, or otherwise.

Here's to hoping he can have an outstanding, healthy senior year.

If you wanna know how the Auburn family really feels about Lawson coming back, watch the Wolf of Wall St scene where he says he is not leaving. Find it in the Lawson is staying thread. When you see how everyone reacts to him saying he is staying...that's how I feel

I know I'm happy. He brings more spark to the DL just being in the game. Takes the pressure off the others. Plus, he's always been a class act and has had his head on straight his entire career at Auburn. He's definitely a fan favorite that everyone can rally around--teammates, coaches, or otherwise.

Here's to hoping he can have an outstanding, healthy senior year.

I'm hoping for a healthy (rs)Jr. year first :poke:

What a journey for Shon. I know we all wish the best for that kid.

Recruiting was looking good already but getting Carl and Monty back seals it. We are going to be good up front next year ladies and gentleman. WDE!

Wishing the best for Shon Coleman in his NFL career. It has been a tough journey for him to get to this point. I was proud of Auburn for sticking with him after his cancer diagnosis and through his treatment and recovery. Now he can make us proud at the next level.

Matt Miller released his updated Top 300 today:

http://bleacherrepor...latest-rankings

#37: OT Shon Coleman (#6 OT, "Biggest Question Mark")

#66: EDGE Carl Lawson (#10 EDGE, "Biggest Riser")

#99: LB Cassanova McKinzy (#10 LB)

#162: CB Jonathan Jones

#237: LB Kris Frost

237? Where's the guy that told me last year that I didn't know what I was talking about and Frost was the top-rated LB going into the '16 draft? Oh yeah, the guy is here and posting daily but I don't think he'll show up in this thread now.

For realz? Someone said Frost would be the #1 lb? Not knocking Frost, to be ranked is respectable and a sign you may make some $, but #1 lb?

237? Where's the guy that told me last year that I didn't know what I was talking about and Frost was the top-rated LB going into the '16 draft? Oh yeah, the guy is here and posting daily but I don't think he'll show up in this thread now.

For realz? Someone said Frost would be the #1 lb? Not knocking Frost, to be ranked is respectable and a sign you may make some $, but #1 lb?

Some site or the other had Frost rated at #1 at the time. I said they couldn't have watched an Auburn game.

Some site or the other had Frost rated at #1 at the time. I said they couldn't have watched an Auburn game.

i hope he does great. He actually improved. Last year there is nwih he would have been drafted.

Is this somehow significant regarding Carl's plans?

I dunno, but Wolf of Wallstreet was a good flick.

Agreed.

Welcome back, Carl. Stay away from dangerous things, please.

I haven't seen the movie, so I don't get the reference. Replies make it sound like he's decided to stay.

I have seen the movie and I still don't get the reference. :dunno:/>

SIAP but in the moments before that scene he was supposed to announce his retirement. Instead he got pumped up by the crowd/employees and stayed.

Carl staying is AUSOME news!!!!!!!!

I knew Shon would be leaving. I do believe it is the best decision for him and I am excited about cheering for him on Sundays! Shon's story is one of the most inspiring of any AU man I know!

So... what do all of the "Auburn is going down in flames" people have to say about this. A kid who was going to get drafted, arguably fairly high according to early reports, decides to come back for his final year, AND his father states one of the reasons is to win a national championship.

I wonder who knows more about the state of the program, one of the players on the team or a bunch of message board posters who believe everything they read on the Internet?

I think it's obvious from how the team played all year and in the bowl that the coaches have the players attention and support. CL staying can only get everyone more excited about next year.

I thought it was obvious, too, but I sure read a lot of posts about how Malzahn is a failure, has to win 10 games next year to keep his job, and how we're going to be stuck in the basement of the SEC until we get rid of him and start over.

Exagerate much? Very few have said Gus is a failure, they've questioned his offensive thought processes and his ability to evaluate and produce an SEC QB that he recruited. Few have said he needs to win 10 games next year to keep his job, instead they've said he needs to show marked improvement over what we've witnessed the last 13-14 months. And he absolutely needs to get this program out of the basement they are currently find themselves in the SECwest.

Carl's return provides some stability for a group of players that will be adapting to another defensive coaching staff. I'm happy to see that he has made the choice to stay home.

Hilarious

I am right here buddy, he was grouped in the top ranked linebackers and was not #1, that is your ad lib. They were not my rankings, just someone who ranks college players for a living. He also had Cass ranked in that group for this yr in the senior class.

For Lawson's sake I hope this is accurate. Personally I don't see Lawson going in 1st 2 rounds. This is where the NCAA does players a dis-service. Players should be able to put their names in the draft and remain eligible as long as they don't sign with an Agent. Then if they get drafted high sign with an Agent but if drafted low come back and play one more year. Only issue with that is number of players who commit and sign and then team goes over limit. Ideally NCAA should help kids make the right choice not box them into a corner.

My God, how long would the draft take if the NFL had to wait for the players they aready drafted to decide if they were committed to the pro's or going back to college? :dunno:

NCAA is supposed to look after integrity of college game and protect student Athletes not help the NFL. The NFL would adjust in lower rounds they would probably only take Seniors as they would know they could sign them

It has to be said many times every year, not that it will ever sink in. The NFL doesn't evaluate prospects the same way college fans do. When there's a guy with unrealized athletic potential, "we" tend to focus on the unrealized part and the NFL focuses more on the athletic potential part. That's a little oversimplified, of course, but folks really need to educate themselves if they're going to keep voicing opinions on it.

For Lawson's sake I hope this is accurate. Personally I don't see Lawson going in 1st 2 rounds. This is where the NCAA does players a dis-service. Players should be able to put their names in the draft and remain eligible as long as they don't sign with an Agent. Then if they get drafted high sign with an Agent but if drafted low come back and play one more year. Only issue with that is number of players who commit and sign and then team goes over limit. Ideally NCAA should help kids make the right choice not box them into a corner.

My God, how long would the draft take if the NFL had to wait for the players they aready drafted to decide if they were committed to the pro's or going back to college? :dunno:

NCAA is supposed to look after integrity of college game and protect student Athletes not help the NFL. The NFL would adjust in lower rounds they would probably only take Seniors as they would know they could sign them

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I am right here buddy, he was grouped in the top ranked linebackers and was not #1, that is your ad lib. They were not my rankings, just someone who ranks college players for a living. He also had Cass ranked in that group for this yr in the senior class.

You aren't the one who said I didn't know what I was talking about and provided the list that had Frost at #1 as proof of my ignorance. However, having him in the top group is still way, way off and it tells us that these lists by the NFL "experts" are mostly to sell clicks on their sites rather than to provide accurate information. I'll give you this, you did show up now and commented, so kudos for that.

You aren't the one who said I didn't know what I was talking about and provided the list that had Frost at #1 as proof of my ignorance. However, having him in the top group is still way, way off and it tells us that these lists by the NFL "experts" are mostly to sell clicks on their sites rather than to provide accurate information. I'll give you this, you did show up now and commented, so kudos for that.

I maybe backed up the other guy with what I had read!! The stuff I saw from last year projected him as an inside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme, stating he has had to play out of position and in the right defense he will be a playmaker. His sources were NFL Scouts.

I think Shon Coleman would be better suited to play right tackle in the NFL... but his size and length would probably be to appealing to coaches to give him that opportunity...

Shon Coleman has decided to forgo his final year of eligibility and enter the draft.

https://twitter.com/...885337487896576

Love Shon and would have loved for him to play one more year but he made the right choice. His NFL stock is high he has a BS and an MS and has been a real Auburn man. May he go in the first Round and have success in the NFL and more importantly in his life.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes*

You are correct NCAA does not do that

I should have highlighted in RED when I said supposed

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes*

You are correct NCAA does not do that

I should have highlighted in RED when I said supposed

Oh, I hope that didn't come across as a dig at you. I think anybody familiar with your post history knows that you have a strong grasp on things. :thumbsup:

Archived