Players leaving

bmartin3228

And no way do I beleive that he is the 13th best player in the draft

I tend to agree, unless scouts are seeing something we as fans aren't. We all know his potential, but I just can't see him as a first round pick, personally.

I hope when they submit for a review he gets good advice back.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No qb until mid twenties. I wouldn't put in Stock in that mock draft.

I guess everything has a ranking. Ledyard is tied for 91st most accurate with his 2015 draft projection. Wasn't much better in 2014 and only has a two year history. That said, Lawson is a first rounder.

http://www.thehuddle...ockdrafts.shtml

While injuries are a concern, his character, work ethic and the fact that he is explosive and strong and can win from the inside and outside will entice every NFL team.

For Lawson's sake I hope this is accurate. Personally I don't see Lawson going in 1st 2 rounds. This is where the NCAA does players a dis-service. Players should be able to put their names in the draft and remain eligible as long as they don't sign with an Agent. Then if they get drafted high sign with an Agent but if drafted low come back and play one more year. Only issue with that is number of players who commit and sign and then team goes over limit. Ideally NCAA should help kids make the right choice not box them into a corner.

With salaries and such a first round pick has to be a sure starter....other than a QB. Nobody picks "risk" players that high and gives the mandated salary. JMO

Coleman is projected to go in the first round but guess who is projected to go pick #13?

http://thedraftwire....-big-board-1-0/

For people who don't want to click: Lawson.

That site diverted me to the AppStore for whatever reason.

Thank you. Many of us don't like to have to unnecessarily access other sites. Usually when something of that sort is posted, I just wait. If the mystery is important it will be out soon enough.

Coleman is projected to go in the first round but guess who is projected to go pick #13?

Thank you. Many of us don't like to have to unnecessarily access other sites. Usually when something of that sort is posted, I just wait. If the mystery is important it will be out soon enough.

I was on my phone. But you're right, hell, next time I won't even bring a link; I'll just bring half the goods, which is what shocksmybrain did, and let you all interpret at will. Because obviously there was much more information that was relevant to Auburn on that link. Such as whose mock draft that was, where was Shon projected to land, or the reasoning for Lawson being as high as 13.

"Many of us don't like to have to unnecessarily access other sites."

First world problems! Poor guy might have to do a double click.. O noes!!

Coleman has already earned a Master's Degree. I don't know if he wants to start another major to stay another year. I wouldn't.

Maybe he likes the sound of "Dr. Coleman"?

I wish the mods could add a "like" button. that way we wouldn't have to do the "+1" and make the threads grow unnecessarily. :-)

With salaries and such a first round pick has to be a sure starter....other than a QB. Nobody picks "risk" players that high and gives the mandated salary. JMO

On average half of first rounders are not week 1 starters, most are situational players to start their careers. 5 wr went in 1st rd 1 started most of the season. 6 OL drafted 1st rd 3 all yr starters(one due to injury in front of him), 4 OLB 1 injured, 1 starter, 2 situational, 2 DE, both situational back ups. Most of the league will take a chance on someone, but their evaluations will lower the risk level others perceive

I wish the mods could add a "like" button. that way we wouldn't have to do the "+1" and make the threads grow unnecessarily. :-)

I second this. Or +1 :)

I third this, or +2, but would also ask for a dislike button as well!

I was on my phone. But you're right, hell, next time I won't even bring a link; I'll just bring half the goods, which is what shocksmybrain did, and let you all interpret at will. Because obviously there was much more information that was relevant to Auburn on that link. Such as whose mock draft that was, where was Shon projected to land, or the reasoning for Lawson being as high as 13.

"Many of us don't like to have to unnecessarily access other sites."

First world problems! Poor guy might have to do a double click.. O noes!!

Tissue? Wahmbulance? I'm not sure what you need, lol.

Tissue? Wahmbulance? I'm not sure what you need, lol.

Based on several posts over the past couple days, I have a feeling that Jeff is not having a good week at all. We might want to cut him some slack.

If the NFL Draft took a day or two break after the first 3 rounds, then gave underclassmen who haven't signed with an agent or been selected the chance to back out. Is that too much work?

If the NFL Draft took a day or two break after the first 3 rounds, then gave underclassmen who haven't signed with an agent or been selected the chance to back out. Is that too much work?

Yes and it would be a poor marketing dynamic for the NFL

For Lawson's sake I hope this is accurate. Personally I don't see Lawson going in 1st 2 rounds. This is where the NCAA does players a dis-service. Players should be able to put their names in the draft and remain eligible as long as they don't sign with an Agent. Then if they get drafted high sign with an Agent but if drafted low come back and play one more year. Only issue with that is number of players who commit and sign and then team goes over limit. Ideally NCAA should help kids make the right choice not box them into a corner.

My God, how long would the draft take if the NFL had to wait for the players they aready drafted to decide if they were committed to the pro's or going back to college? :dunno:

If all, or even some of these lock draft are correct, I tuesday we can say goodbye to Lawson. We're going to lose him eventually, anyway. Besides, it could turn out to be a good recruiting tool.

I third this, or +2, but would also ask for a dislike button as well!

We also need an 'enemies' list for our profiles to complement the 'friends'.

Matt Miller released his updated Top 300 today:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2604647-2016-nfl-draft-big-board-matt-millers-latest-rankings

#37: OT Shon Coleman (#6 OT, "Biggest Question Mark")

#66: EDGE Carl Lawson (#10 EDGE, "Biggest Riser")

#99: LB Cassanova McKinzy (#10 LB)

#162: CB Jonathan Jones

#237: LB Kris Frost

Archived