Players leaving

bmartin3228

Lawson's father confirmed to AL.com his son will return to Auburn and will not enter the NFL Draft in the spring.

"He does love Auburn and he wants to get his degree, which he's close to doing," Lawson Sr. said. "He feels like he personally he set some goals for himself when he came, he hasn't accomplished them yet and he wants to get that done. He just figures he hasn't played his best football and he certainly wants to win a national championship ring. There's a lot of things he wants to do and show he can come back and get better."

http://www.al.com/au...n_to_aubur.html

That's the kind of guy I always thought Carl was, a guy that set goals and wanted to achieve them, and a guy that sets a pride in himself and is not just about getting paid.

Glad we have a guy like Carl, we need his leadership next season.

Carl is a champ in my book.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... what do all of the "Auburn is going down in flames" people have to say about this. A kid who was going to get drafted, arguably fairly high according to early reports, decides to come back for his final year, AND his father states one of the reasons is to win a national championship.

I wonder who knows more about the state of the program, one of the players on the team or a bunch of message board posters who believe everything they read on the Internet?

I think it's obvious from how the team played all year and in the bowl that the coaches have the players attention and support. CL staying can only get everyone more excited about next year.

I thought it was obvious, too, but I sure read a lot of posts about how Malzahn is a failure, has to win 10 games next year to keep his job, and how we're going to be stuck in the basement of the SEC until we get rid of him and start over.

Seeing the damage Lawson could do when lined up opposite a legit pass rusher (and what he allowed that other pass rusher to do) should really excite Paul James III, Byron Cowart (who I hope to see playing as a swing DE/DT next fall), Marlon Davidson, Jeff Holland, Prince Tega, etc.

Next fall, we'll have the best set of pass rushers we've had since at least 2013 and possibly since Groves, McClover, and Gunn were rotating. War eagle, Carl!

Lawson's father confirmed to AL.com his son will return to Auburn and will not enter the NFL Draft in the spring.

"He does love Auburn and he wants to get his degree, which he's close to doing," Lawson Sr. said. "He feels like he personally he set some goals for himself when he came, he hasn't accomplished them yet and he wants to get that done. He just figures he hasn't played his best football and he certainly wants to win a national championship ring. There's a lot of things he wants to do and show he can come back and get better."

That's the kind of guy I always thought Carl was, a guy that set goals and wanted to achieve them, and a guy that sets a pride in himself and is not just about getting paid.

Carl has been a class act from day one. I wouldn't have blamed him a bit for declaring, but I'm very glad that he decided to help the team instead.

Well ALRIGHT!!! WAR EAGLE!!!

Hope he accomplishes all those dreams next season, and then some.

Always has been since he stepped on campus How he's portrayed himself on and off the field as well as being a very well spoken guy. You really can't ask for a better guy to represent AU than Carl

Love this news!!! War Eagle, Carl!!!

Now, will someone please explain his twitter post to us old people??? :dunno:

Nevermind! My husband pulled the clip up! Love it!! "They're gonna have to take me out with a wrecking ball! I ain't goin' nowhere!!!" (Cuss words deleted :-))

So... what do all of the "Auburn is going down in flames" people have to say about this. A kid who was going to get drafted, arguably fairly high according to early reports, decides to come back for his final year, AND his father states one of the reasons is to win a national championship.

I wonder who knows more about the state of the program, one of the players on the team or a bunch of message board posters who believe everything they read on the Internet?

Well this "Auburn is going down in flames" person is happy as hell to see a great defensive player remain for another year. Lord knows this defense needs him, his attitude, and his leadership in the worst way while they transition through yet another defensive staff change.

I think it's obvious from how the team played all year and in the bowl that the coaches have the players attention and support. CL staying can only get everyone more excited about next year.

I thought it was obvious, too, but I sure read a lot of posts about how Malzahn is a failure, has to win 10 games next year to keep his job, and how we're going to be stuck in the basement of the SEC until we get rid of him and start over.

Exagerate much? Very few have said Gus is a failure, they've questioned his offensive thought processes and his ability to evaluate and produce an SEC QB that he recruited. Few have said he needs to win 10 games next year to keep his job, instead they've said he needs to show marked improvement over what we've witnessed the last 13-14 months. And he absolutely needs to get this program out of the basement they are currently find themselves in the SECwest.

Carl's return provides some stability for a group of players that will be adapting to another defensive coaching staff. I'm happy to see that he has made the choice to stay home.

Having our Defensive leader back for the entire off season is gonna be amazing, I can't wait to see where Cowart, Williams, Holland, McBryde, etc improve if they follow his leadership this off season

Exagerate much? Very few have said Gus is a failure, they've questioned his offensive thought processes and his ability to evaluate and produce an SEC QB that he recruited. Few have said he needs to win 10 games next year to keep his job, instead they've said he needs to show marked improvement over what we've witnessed the last 13-14 months. And he absolutely needs to get this program out of the basement they are currently find themselves in the SECwest.

Carl's return provides some stability for a group of players that will be adapting to another defensive coaching staff. I'm happy to see that he has made the choice to stay home.

Not exaggerating at all... I've read all of those things, repeatedly, from multiple posters not named A4E. There's even a "Fire Gus Malzhan" page on Facebook. No, not everyone has jumped off the deep end, but there is a growing segment of the fan base who seriously need to check themselves.

Cowart started making some movement late in the season (much like Carl did with Ford on the team). I believe you will see two men reeking havoc in the backfield in 2016.

If you wanna know how the Auburn family really feels about Lawson coming back, watch the Wolf of Wall St scene where he says he is not leaving. Find it in the Lawson is staying thread. When you see how everyone reacts to him saying he is staying...that's how I feel

I think both of these fine young men made the best decisions for themselves. I would have supported and loved Lawson, even if he left, but I think he is wise to get one more year and finish school first. He found out that nothing is guaranteed, so better to have an education for a back-up career. Wise young man. And Shon needed to go. He has done everything he could at Auburn. I wish him all the best in the NFL. Would love to see him play at Carolina!

Sorry, but I just don't see Roc transferring to JSU or anywhere else. It looks like we're only signing 1 RB in the 2016 class. I think Roc will see a lot more playing time in 2016 then what he saw in 2015.

As more names of Auburn players pop up who's leaving early, would someone please post them on here? I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Archived