concerning lashlee

aubiefifty

if he deserves it fine. but we do not know. and gus once said he was qb coach and would not send any qb to another guru to mess them up. no link cus i saw it on the tube.......

The quote was something to the effect that Gus didn't want Nick Marshall to go to a QB guru because he didn't want him learning another style, and came during the off season when they were supposed to be improving his passing. That was actually discussed at length in another thread as to what the true reasoning behind that was. I personally think, since Gus brought up eligibility no less than 3 times when discussing that topic, it had something to do with the fact that QB gurus aren't cheap and, to not break NCAA regulations, the parents have to pay for it.

NM still threw for over 2500yds and rushed for 1000.

^^^^^^^

In a run first offense as well.......

Well, we also got 3321 rushing yards. We had 332 passing attempts and 607 rushing attempts. A traditional balanced offense will have close to equal attempts and 4000-5000 passing yards.

You might also note, if you review the games, that the extensive use of the bubble screen in Malzhan's offense makes a lot of completed passes basically a rush.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if he deserves it fine. but we do not know. and gus once said he was qb coach and would not send any qb to another guru to mess them up. no link cus i saw it on the tube.......

The quote was something to the effect that Gus didn't want Nick Marshall to go to a QB guru because he didn't want him learning another style, and came during the off season when they were supposed to be improving his passing. That was actually discussed at length in another thread as to what the true reasoning behind that was. I personally think, since Gus brought up eligibility no less than 3 times when discussing that topic, it had something to do with the fact that QB gurus aren't cheap and, to not break NCAA regulations, the parents have to pay for it.

^^^^^^^

Well, we also got 3321 rushing yards. We had 332 passing attempts and 607 rushing attempts. A traditional balanced offense will have close to equal attempts and 4000-5000 passing yards.

You might also note, if you review the games, that the extensive use of the bubble screen in Malzhan's offense makes a lot of completed passes basically a rush.

4000-5000 passing yards??? Hardly.

Over the past 10 years, only 1 SEC QB broke the 4000 yard mark (Maziel) and on average only 3 SEC QBs a year break the 3000 yard mark

Heads need to roll on the coaching staff - the offensive product is in the tank. Tons of pressure raining down from the Administration and financial supporters ~ it's justified IMO. Salaries are way too high, we are deadass last in the SECWest and have looked absolutely inept on the side of the ball that Gus is supposedly a genius. There's a multitude of "issues" on this team, the defense is still in the tank with rumors swirling that the only bright spot of the D (Muschamp) could bolt soon.

Auburn in no shape or form should find themselves last in the division behind the Mississippi schools. Thank God the folks in the Administration know that and see that immediate action is needed.

Heads need to roll on the coaching staff - the offensive product is in the tank. Tons of pressure raining down from the Administration and financial supporters ~ it's justified IMO. Salaries are way too high, we are deadass last in the SECWest and have looked absolutely inept on the side of the ball that Gus is supposedly a genius. There's a multitude of "issues" on this team, the defense is still in the tank with rumors swirling that the only bright spot of the D (Muschamp) could bolt soon.

Auburn in no shape or form should find themselves last in the division behind the Mississippi schools. Thank God the folks in the Administration know that and see that immediate action is needed.

#fireeveryone lol

#fireeveryone lol

Not now, of course not. But should we win less than 9 games next year and again get swept by uga and spuat (for the 3rd straight season), then absolutely Gus should be pushed to resign/retire/look for other opportunities (whatever sounds nicer). If we go 6-6 again, finish last in the West again and get swept by uga and spuat, Jay Jacobs should have no problem saying Gus has been fired with cause.

wde

Also, can people please quit giving RL credit for the 2010 season and afa I'm concerned quit tying the 2010 season in when giving Gus kudos? He was an OC in 2010 and he is obviously a HC now. Shouldn't we only be concerned with his products as a HC?

Cam was a once in a lifetime blessing and Gus was an OC and what was RL? A GA?

Here's to a recovery from the downhill slide for Gus next year. It is a significant slide.

I don't see how that one is going to happen considering 85-90% of this board stated Gus WAS the reason we won the 2010 NC in spite of Chiz. I saw so many giving Gus the credit of winning that NC as an OC. That's when he continuously got the label as being and offensive genius. I wanted Strong and thought at the time Gus would be an 8 or 9 win coach at best and we'd hardly content for a NC. However, he proved me wrong. The jury is still out on him but i think he can be the guy for us if he'd stop being so dang stuborn. Coaches love to coach for and with him and players love to play for him. As we all know that's big when it comes to recruiting.

I strongly believe our AD highly credits Gus for 2010 even as an OC and the reason i think Gus has at least 2 years before his seat would even consider being hot at AU. Right or wrong but look who our AD is and what it took to get rid of Chiz. Thus why i found the small group of fire Gus gang pretty funny.

Well, I'm not on the fie Gus Bus and definitely not on the give him credit for 2010 crew either. Obviously, he was a key part like any OC would be. However, last time I checked we were held largely in check by a Pac 10 D while holding one of the top O's in the country in check in the NCG, and CGC was a defensive guy who helped hold the team together during the Cam Controversy (I am glad that chore wasn't left up to Gus), so anyone who gives Gus "credit" for 2010 is a doofus in my book.

Agree. Just going by the numerous amounts of comments i saw when we hired Gus.

#fireeveryone lol

Not what I'm saying at all. But the people in this thread that can't see product is sub-par and the playcalling has been inept yet still feel the staff needs to stay as-is are just daft. The poster that said "Gus is coaching for his job next year" is 100% correct.

And the bubble screens don't work because our receivers can't block.

Good...because they need to learn to catch the ball first. Maybe now we'll start calling passing plays that go beyond 5 yards. Darvin Adams couldn't block air but he caught mostly every ball that touched his hands.Maybe that's why they lack catching skills b/c we're focusing too much on them blocking for bubble screens. Leave i up to the HB and OL to block..catch the dang ball WRs!

Another 2 years like this year there will be no need to worry about getting rid of Lashlee cause the entire staff will be gone...Gus's early success and taking us to the national championship in his first year will probably be his downfall...another 2 years like this and it'll be Chizik 2.0...a bowl win would definitely give us confidence headed into next year

#fireeveryone lol

Not now, of course not. But should we win less than 9 games next year and again get swept by uga and spuat (for the 3rd straight season), then absolutely Gus should be pushed to resign/retire/look for other opportunities (whatever sounds nicer). If we go 6-6 again, finish last in the West again and get swept by uga and spuat, Jay Jacobs should have no problem saying Gus has been fired with cause.

wde

u lost bro ?

thought this was the #firelashee #notfirelashee thread

*edit:oops

#fireeveryone lol

wde

And Jay Jacobs should be right along with Gus if that does happen!

#fireeveryone lol

wde

u lost bro ?

No, just responding to the "#fireeveryone lol" post. I do think there should be changes this year, just not fire everyone. Should the scenario play out next year like I posted, then fire everyone is extremely likely to happen. Unless Will Muschamp is still on the staff as DC then.....

wde

#fireeveryone lol

wde

That is a different discussion:).

wde

#fireeveryone lol

wde

wde

Very true but if Gus doesn't survive no way Jacobs should be here.

#fireeveryone lol

wde

wde

Very true but if Gus doesn't survive no way Jacobs should be here.

I agree with you.

wde

#fireeveryone lol

wde

u lost bro ?

No, just responding to the "#fireeveryone lol" post. I do think there should be changes this year, just not fire everyone. Should the scenario play out next year like I posted, then fire everyone is extremely likely to happen. Unless Will Muschamp is still on the staff as DC then.....

wde

Yep... and as someone you said in the CWM thread; him going this one, might be the pre-emptive move to stay ahead of the curve

edit:you

Some of y'all need to eat a Snicker's...

So tell me, how much money is too much money to be paying a coach for good performance?

^^^^^^^

4000-5000 passing yards??? Hardly.

Over the past 10 years, only 1 SEC QB broke the 4000 yard mark (Maziel) and on average only 3 SEC QBs a year break the 3000 yard mark

Sorry... I was looking at the conferences that throw a lot, but if you want to talk SEC, Ole Miss threw for 4004 yards this year. There were 11 teams this year that hit the 4000 mark and several other that were close. Over 40 eclipsed the 3000 mark.

#fireeveryone lol

wde

wde

I agree next year would be different. Last year the D was the problem ...he hired WM who is fixing that problem. This year it's offense. People claim he needs a DT qb...well if that's it he's got 2 coming in and another next year. Looks like he will be fine to me.

Who could honestly fill Lashlee's role? There's no one we know of coaching that knows the ends and out of Gus's offense.. A former player of his that understands the offense? Rhett has been with Gus for a long time playing and coaching in the system. They are a pair. DC has coached WR's for two year he's familiar but not a expert on Gus's system.

If Gus fired him he would have to find a OC that runs his own system. Of course he would want someone with similar views but the amount he will be involved will be lessened, like a Chad Morris (for example) I don't think he'd want that.

Who could honestly fill Lashlee's role? There's no one we know of coaching that knows the ends and out of Gus's offense.. A former player of his that understands the offense? Rhett has been with Gus for a long time playing and coaching in the system. They are a pair. DC has coached WR's for two year he's familiar but not a expert on Gus's system.

If Gus fired him he would have to find a OC that runs his own system. Of course he would want someone with similar views but the amount he will be involved will be lessened, like a Chad Morris (for example) I don't think he'd want that.

Well, there's some defensive coordinators who seem to have figured out Gus' offense pretty well with minimal study, so I think we could find an offensive mind who could wrap his head around it. :)

I just want to know who's responsible for calling the play where they huddle up close to the line, break the huddle quickly and run the ball straight up the center's butt for no gain. They oughta be fired!!...LOL

Who could honestly fill Lashlee's role? There's no one we know of coaching that knows the ends and out of Gus's offense.

Gus' offense is hardly some ancient-Babylonian treasure only decipherable by Indiana Jones. I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of offensive minds out there who can learn the basics: "get a first down, run up to the line quickly and run the RB up the middle for 1-2 yards, then try a 50 yard bomb downfield on 2nd and 8 into double coverage".

At this point it is obvious that Gus himself would do himself a favor by learning some other ideas from a fresh face. The basics of his offense aren't complicated...that is the entire principle behind why it can theoretically go "fast". A complex offense can't be run at light-speed.

Who could honestly fill Lashlee's role? There's no one we know of coaching that knows the ends and out of Gus's offense.

Gus' offense is hardly some ancient-Babylonian treasure only decipherable by Indiana Jones. I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of offensive minds out there who can learn the basics: "get a first down, run up to the line quickly and run the RB up the middle for 1-2 yards, then try a 50 yard bomb downfield on 2nd and 8 into double coverage".

At this point it is obvious that Gus himself would do himself a favor by learning some other ideas from a fresh face. The basics of his offense aren't complicated...that is the entire principle behind why it can theoretically go "fast". A complex offense can't be run at light-speed.

you run on 1st ... sounds like it can be done with little to no thought at all.

Archived