2015 Heisman Finalists Announced

Elephant Tipper

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2015-12-07/heisman-trophy-finalists-announced

Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama

usatsi_8976899.jpg?itok=1OFmIW1i

Dale Zanine | USA TODAY Sports Images

Henry broke a different record almost every week during a 2015 season where he carried the ball over 300 times for the Crimson Tide. The bruising back tallied an impressive 1,986 rushing yards on the ground, breaking the school record and the SEC record in back-to-back weeks. Henry broke five records in the 2015 Iron Bowl alone, including the Alabama single-season record for rushing touchdowns (22, thought he scored again in the SEC championship to up his mark to 23) and the Alabama single-season record for 200-yard rushing games (four). Henry ran rampant throughout the season, finishing with an impressive 5.9 yards per carry average.

Christian McCaffrey, RB/KR, Stanford

usatsi_8863523_0.jpg?itok=xTdjt5x2

Kirby Lee | USA TODAY Sports Images

What can’t Christian McCaffrey do? The multi-talented sophomore ran the ball, returned kickoffs and punts, caught passes, and even threw for touchdowns for Stanford this season. After a huge game against USC in the Pac-12 Championship, McCaffrey's season total reached 3,496 all-purpose yards, which broke Barry Sanders’ 27-year-old record of 3,250 all-purpose yards. McCaffrey rushed for 1,847 yards on 319 carries, caught 41 balls for 540 yards and returned 40 kicks (14 punts and 36 kickoffs) for 1,107 yards. McCaffrey also completed two of his three passings attempts for touchdowns to bring his finished with 15 total touchdowns on the year.

Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

usatsi_8977429.jpg?itok=GqqmuPeP

Joshua S. Kelly | USA TODAY Sports Images

Watson bounced back after suffering an ACL injury in 2014, leading his Clemson Tigers to an undefeated record, an ACC championship and the No. 1 spot in the College Football Playoffs. The sophomore signal caller shined in his return to the gridiron, tallying 3,512 passing yards and 887 rushing yards. Watson also finished the regular season with 30 passing touchdowns and 11 rushing touchdowns while completing 69.5 percent of his passes and averaged over five yards a carry.

usatsi_8268724.jpg?itok=GDzqI1gz

Gonna be Henry in a landslide

Probably, but "Mr. Do Everything" McCaffrey deserves it. However, the last time it came down to a Bama player and a Stanford player, Bama won. I also saw today that the media pundits put McCaffrey was up 49-40 on Henry.

Probably, but "Mr. Do Everything" McCaffrey deserves it. However, the last time it came down to a Bama player and a Stanford player, Bama won. I also saw today that the media pundits put McCaffrey was up 49-40 on Henry.

Hope McCaffrey takes it. I think history has proven that any bama running back, if put on any other team, would end up being not as good as they look behind bama's O-line and imperviousness to holding calls.

Toby Gerhart deserved. His team held him back that season.

Btw, TG makes twice $ as much as Ingram.

Archived