2017 3* HB Thomas Johnston

au_bsci_04

Two more LB's isn't "too many" anyway. We only signed one last year and now there's the situation of assigning some of them to the Buck position. Six in two years is barely keeping up.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've alway felt CKS was pretty high on TJ maybe more so than rest of staff. I think Steele would like to find a way to make Johnston part of the class, but not sure numbers will let that happen.  That being said TT is a stud.  Hope we can hold off the Bengals.

Just now, autan said:

I've alway felt CKS was pretty high on TJ maybe more so than rest of staff. I think Steele would like to find a way to make Johnston part of the class, but not sure numbers will let that happen.  That being said TT is a stud.  Hope we can hold off the Bengals.

And Sooners.

Hate to feed Mikey's lb crush but two more LB's are more important than another OL! We have four in this class if you count B. Hamm. Unless there is a can't miss center which there is not that is enough. Will be at least 14 on scholly depending on what a couple may do regarding transfer. If none transfer it is 15.

4 minutes ago, auol72 said:

Hate to feed Mikey's lb crush but two more LB's are more important than another OL! We have four in this class if you count B. Hamm. Unless there is a can't miss center which there is not that is enough. Will be at least 14 on scholly depending on what a couple may do regarding transfer. If none transfer it is 15.

We need a safety more than a LB

Well everybody would love to have Devon Hunter, but there are already two safeties in this class and maybe three depending on whether Jordyn Peters can play corner. You have five returning, yes three will be seniors, but Jamel Dean can move to safety and may have too since you dont see many 6-2 209 corners. So another safety is not a requirement. LB's make great special teams players and sometimes they grow into DE's or Buck ends.

9 hours ago, auol72 said:

Yes, but TJ is not a step slow! He is well in the 4.6 to 4.65 range with a good burst at a solid 220lbs. After a year or two in college weight program he will be one of strongest people on team and weigh 235 to 240, maybe more if HB is where he ends up. His performance in allstar game was the same thing he did at SF for four years. Maybe he decides to commit this weekend. He is a football player and will answer the bell every time it is rung.

the magic words "football player!".....tough, hardnosed, maximum effort type= "football player....this kid needs to be a tiger.....while he might not be quite the athlete  some others, he will be coachable and relentless

2 hours ago, tombigbeetiger said:

the magic words "football player!".....tough, hardnosed, maximum effort type= "football player....this kid needs to be a tiger.....while he might not be quite the athlete  some others, he will be coachable and relentless

I agree. We need a few Renfroe types in this program.

9 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I agree. We need a few Renfroe types in this program.

I'd rather have Boulware type players

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

By type of players, you mean players who either encourage their teammates to sexually assault the other team or defend them after they do commit said acts of sexual assault? ? 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Should we infer anything about Lassiter (sp?) from this?

No. I think Johnston is a kid you take a chance on. Can play multiple positions. And is a kid who will work his tail off. Very underated. Hope he gets a AU offer. Dabo has been making a killing with kids like this. IMO anyways. 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

No. I think Johnston is a kid you take a chance on. Can play multiple positions. And is a kid who will work his tail off. Very underated. Hope he gets a AU offer. Dabo has been making a killing with kids like this. IMO anyways. 

Reminds me of the scouting report on Deshaun Davis in some ways. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Should we infer anything about Lassiter (sp?) from this?

I don't think so. With us missing on Solomon & likely behind on Devon we will likely have room for both now.

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

That too!

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don't think so. With us missing on Solomon & likely behind on Devon we will likely have room for both now.

E- who are we likely behind on Devon Hunter; I know at one time it was presumed to be VT, but WDE the other day said Ole Miss ( I don't see this- I don't believe he would choose OM because of only McGriff).

3 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

E- who are we likely behind on Devon Hunter; I know at one time it was presumed to be VT, but WDE the other day said Ole Miss ( I don't see this- I don't believe he would choose OM because of only McGriff).

Va. Tech at least. And the Rebs could be a very real threat with CWMcG. For some recruits relationships are everything & Devon has the best relationship with CWMcG as far as the teams recruiting him.

Is Hunter still visiting?  If so there is a chance.  But if we miss on DH do you think we pass on trying to add another safety to this class?

4 minutes ago, autan said:

Is Hunter still visiting?

Mixed reports

5 minutes ago, autan said:

do you think we pass on trying to add another safety to this class?

Won't have an idea til the dead period ends. If no new names pop up the next week or so at Safety then yes.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Mixed reports

Won't have an idea til the dead period ends. If no new names pop up the next week or so at Safety then yes.

I am sure we will find a great 2 star player diamond in the rough to replace him. ?

If they find one what else can they say to prevent a meltdown. He's way underrated or hasn't been evaluated. His coaches are high on him.  The best they've ever coached.  He didn't go to camps, he emerged very late this fall,  he's been injured or has grade problems but he has more upside than any Safety in the South. He'll be great.  We've heard all this before.  Trust our guys and hope for the best. What else can we do.  :-\

29 minutes ago, autan said:

If they find one what else can they say to prevent a meltdown. He's way underrated or hasn't been evaluated. His coaches are high on him.  The best they've ever coached.  He didn't go to camps, he emerged very late this fall,  he's been injured or has grade problems but he has more upside than any Safety in the South. He'll be great.  We've heard all this before.  Trust our guys and hope for the best. What else can we do.  :-\

If Tuberville was feeding those lines I tend to believe it...this staff, not so much.

Archived