Men vs. Florida - Game Thread

WarTiger

This team can look absolutely pathetic at times. This is one of those times. Bruce has gathered more talent, but I'm not sure he's put a team together yet-- and I realize the injuries have been a huge factor in that. I think he will definitely get there, but this is hard to watch.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp, hasn't been pretty for what I have been able to watch. Big letdown after last week.

How many players are going to set their career scoring highs against AU. Seems there's always on guy who just goes off against AU.

Wow, gotta say, this is the first game I've seen AU just up and quit. Bruce needs to empty the bench and send a message. That's never acceptable.

No excuses, but I honestly feel this is Pearl's true first season. Last year because of the show cause, he cobbled together a team that wouldn't embarrass AU. This is his first true class, with a lot of youth. Add to that injuries. On top of that, very few of the new fans realize how deep a hole the program was left in. Yes, we will get embarassed a few times, but Coach Pearl continues to improve the program and the team. In the last few years, I was pained to continue watching our team. Since Coach Pearl has taken over, I still have a painful game here and there, but I know he will make us a top tier SEC program.

WDE!!

As always, thank you WT for keeping the faithful updated. I was able to watch the game, but many times, your commentary has carried me through a game. I don't think enough praise is given over to you for selflessly sharing the games!

WDE!!

If AU isn't consistent, at least the Bowers hate is.

He is out of position. When matched up properly, he can do like he did the other night and grab 18 rebounds. I don't think he is a tournament quality player, but he has some pretty decent games on occasion...when he's not having to pretend to be a 7' center.

As always, thank you WT for keeping the faithful updated. I was able to watch the game, but many times, your commentary has carried me through a game. I don't think enough praise is given over to you for selflessly sharing the games!

WDE!!

Agreed!

He is out of position. When matched up properly, he can do like he did the other night and grab 18 rebounds. I don't think he is a tournament quality player, but he has some pretty decent games on occasion...when he's not having to pretend to be a 7' center.

Or a 3 pt shooter.

Wow, gotta say, this is the first game I've seen AU just up and quit. Bruce needs to empty the bench and send a message. That's never acceptable.

The team or coaches had no interest in this game,

Or a 3 pt shooter.

or driving and dishing. Tonight he was either jacking threes or penetrating and turning the ball over. I am not bashing him he has talent. He just needs to play within himself. It did appear Florida had six players on the floor most of the game.

The team or coaches had no interest in this game,

The same exact team showed up for the Vanderbilt and Missouri games. Florida was just a little better and a tougher matchup for us. I'd say that's 3 out of the last 5 games they the entire team couldn't care less what happened. It's quite concerning...yet baffling considering we can beat KY and bama at home. Something very drastic needs to change in the way we approach road games. Right now it's not worth turning on the game period unless we are at home. No sense in watching a team that doesn't seem to even try. Look out here...3 of the next 5 are on the road...and the 2 home games are games we are expected to lose. There's an extremely good chance we'll be 3-8 in conference play heading in to the home game against Vandy. Maybe Bruce can figure out how to get these guys playing with the same effort on the road as they do at home. If not, pack it up and hope for better next year.

Indeed it's a strange situation. Hard to believe it's a conscious decision by the coaches but the approach to UF was nothing like the bama game where Bowers and others went to the boards and fought for rebounds.

Then ....one game later....CB becomes a shooting guard and did not start going to the board until the game was over....and many times did not go down court to play defense which did net him a couple "snow bird" opportunities.

I doubt BP takes these games lightly but he sure can't get some of his players interested.

Road mentality will change. Florida was a good team. Teams have seemed to just shoot the lights out early when playing us in their house this year, and it gets us behind really quickly. We make our mistakes, sure, but it's really annoying when Florida shoots 70% from behind the arc in the first half.

Archived