Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

I'm still working on rhyming, "husky ankles'...

Don't saddle me with other people's problems...

Crackle, shackle, hackle...........tackle, spackle....

Less than a dozen, sound alike or real rhymes and it's a problem......and a particular.....

Full, pull, lull, dull...close enough. Rusty plate full...

Tupac, bun b, outcast, 112, jodeci, old kanye, dru hill, Jackson 5, drake, lil Wayne, nwa, Eminem, Brian McKnight, nas, new edition, boyz 2 men, shai, Jon b, Michael Jackson, goodie mob, gym class heroes, future, maroon 5 and many others.

Oh I'm very good friends with the mother of one of the guys in the Alabama shakes group. I like them too

In all sincerity, Logic Pro X and Pro Tools both have rhyming dictionary and/or context prompts, that are constantly updated. Lyrics have taken on a far more free and even first person conversational style...Verses have gotten longer and far more free flowing. A constant and repeating rhyme scheme, these days, is indicative of a more basic pop song, most here won't even listen to. The pop kings and queens are even moving away from it....Sheeran and Swift as examples..

Eagle Flight and I were talking the other day about something written that had a word in a position to be rhymed that ultimately wasn't, but it only has roughly 8 directly rhyming words and half a dozen sound alike rhymes....Hard to maintain the context for the song or even verse that way....Damn lucky shot, when you do...

In all sincerity, Logic Pro X and Pro Tools both have rhyming dictionary and/or context prompts, that are constantly updated. Lyrics have taken on a far more free and even first person conversational style...Verses have gotten longer and far more free flowing. A constant and repeating rhyme scheme, these days, is indicative of a more basic pop song, most here won't even listen to. The pop kings and queens are even moving away from it....Sheeran and Swift as examples..

Eagle Flight and I were talking the other day about something written that had a word in a position to be rhymed that ultimately wasn't, but it only has roughly 8 directly rhyming words and half a dozen sound alike rhymes....Hard to maintain the context for the song or even verse that way....Damn lucky shot, when you do...

I think you're taking rhyming a little too serious. I was just having fun.

But in response.....The perfect rhymes are the ones that go unnoticed and flow naturally without seeming forced. It can be done a million ways. Ive used rhyming dictionaries for song writing also. The only ones still caring about exact rhymes are rappers and mainstream country. Most everyone else these days cares more about the story than the rhyme. Heck, even rap is turning that direction in many cases. Cheesy 80s rap was for entertainment really and blew open the cheesy rhyme trend. While that music was entertaining, I prefer the better writing in songs of a free flowing style. That becomes music you can actually feel. That's the music that deeply affects people and helps people through rough times or envokes true feelings one way or another. There is still a place for the other music, but it's becoming less popular for good reason I believe.

I was wondering when someone would get around to him. What a talented musician.

One of the few I can listen to at anytime. Always a good vibe.

Too seriously?

mmmmm, ok.....lmao....

Unless of course you make a living off of rhymes...Mr Deeds is that you??

but either way....the point was that I was just messing around with giving rhymes for husky ankles. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Lull and dull had me convinced of the sincerity. Wasn't much of a puzzle. Rusty plate wasn't far behind...lol

Words do pay the bills.....I just had good biz advice and a mentor in the industry who taught me to diversify and not serve one master.