Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

15 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Sorry if unclear.

In live performances, every time Mr. Anderson took a breath, he was taking advantage of the phallic-symbol potential inherent in his instrument as a focal point for his stage-presence routine.

Haha, I was just kidding. I didn't know that about the pantomime with a violin. Maybe Mr. Lung wasn't so highly fictionalized after all...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Haha, I was just kidding. I didn't know that about the pantomime with a violin. Maybe Mr. Lung wasn't so highly fictionalized after all...

'course, it was an era when crude innuendo was becoming much more acceptable to censors. Even showing up in band names (Led Zeppelin?, Wet Willie? and, somewhat farther afield, Steely Dan?). Shoot, even Pete Fountain had caught some flack over parading in NOLA Mardi Gras with his "Half-Fast Walking Club." I used to be frowned at for use of the word "flautist."

"Say goodnight, Dick" [Dan Rowan]

• Like 1

During my still short (and not really even complete) return to my home turf, I've been trying to plug back in to the local music scene. My first nominee of a group with potential to break out of the neighborhood is presented (What a country - Whodathunk I could even post anything at this stage). The boys got skills. They will drop an album at Callaghan's Iriish Social Club (Mobile) this coming weekend. You've probably never heard of them but may (?).

I enjoyed listening to these gentlemen as I cooked a fantastic meal this evening. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I enjoyed listening to these gentlemen as I cooked a fantastic meal this evening. 

There are admittedly few examples within my experience where bassists get center stage. There are many, however, where they were clearly important. Despite all the other talent in this group, I suspect "Yes" would have been the wrong answer without Chris Squire (RIP).

My favorite by STP and a really cool bass line.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Seems appropriate  :slapfh:

I almost want to get Sirius now. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Channel??

I don't know the # of the channel. I've seen them advertising a Beatles channel that they just started. 

Hearing Joe Cocker always reminds me of the tv show "The Wonder Years". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

Hearing Joe Cocker always reminds me of the tv show "The Wonder Years". 

That was a good series 

• Like 1

Just now, augolf1716 said:

That was a good series 

Indeed. I'm on season 2 on Netflix. Watching it with my kids. 

5 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Indeed. I'm on season 2 on Netflix. Watching it with my kids. 

Actually is one you can watch with your kids

• Like 1

Thanks to my dad for introducing me to this song not too long ago. I listen to a classic country station and my dad knew this song when it came on and I just left it on the station to listen to it and I'm glad I did. What a great song.

Little did I know when I looked up the song that it's only 1 of 2 songs that won the CMA Award for "Best Song" two years in a row. The other song that achieved that title was He Stopped Loving Her Today.

• Like 1