Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Fair.

some rhythm glitches that may drive Mr. bearcat nuts but, otherwise, excellent cover.

Many Thanks.

1 minute ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

some rhythm glitches that may drive Mr. bearcat nuts but, otherwise, excellent cover.

Many Thanks.

Agreed. And that's unusual for that duo. They're known to play repeated takes of 4 minute songs with the longest version being only a couple seconds longer than the shortest, without any kind of rhythm assistance. Of course, those stories are probably about their own songs they recorded in a studio...

6 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Steel drums tend to "summerize" any song. Peaceful interlude?

(Side note - not from my collection. All my steel-drum albums were lost in our flood of '14).

Lord how many times did I hear this while, steel drums, working out in the islands. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lost said:

Cool! Dobro licks had a familiar feel to them, so I googled. Apparently Gaven Largent was influenced by (and may have been channeling?) Josh Graves.

Many Thanks.

22 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Cool! Dobro licks had a familiar feel to them, so I googled. Apparently Gaven Largent was influenced by (and may have been channeling?) Josh Graves.

Many Thanks.

Allison picks her dobro players well. Jerry Douglas is one of the most talented musicians I've ever seen play. 

• Like 1

Found I could not choose between these versions. It would seem an apples to apples comparison though, at least, different varieties of apples. I take the liberty of presenting both.

5 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Found I could not choose between these versions. It would seem an apples to apples comparison though, at least, different varieties of apples. I take the liberty of presenting both.

Love Joe but I'm going with the original

• Like 1

16 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Love Joe but I'm going with the original

Obviously, I'm in no position to argue.

ETA - Welcome back...?

ETA2 - Never mind. That series made Grease and Disco possible.

Stupid punctuation glitch edited.

Edited by AUld fAUx@

Back when I first "met" Stevie Wonder (he was still "Little" then) he was getting considerable exposure from beach movies. He also generally shared his scenes with the dancing queen of beach movies, Candy Johnson (few went to such movies for the Mouseketeer).

56 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Back when I first "met" Stevie Wonder (he was still "Little" then) he was getting considerable exposure from beach movies. He also generally shared his scenes with the dancing queen of beach movies, Candy Johnson (few went to such movies for the Mouseketeer).

Who could forget Candy Johnson dancing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Who could forget Candy Johnson dancing

Lady had a motor, didn't she?

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Um, how do I say this?

Damn you sir. Both songs (Belafonte versions, without any BeetleJuice reference) are on my planned summer playlist.

Back to the drawing board.

ETA - Guess I snost, I lost.

Edited by AUld fAUx@

These guys were fantastic in concert one of my all time favorite songs. Always thought this would make a good intro song for Auburn somehow

• Like 1