Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

**EXPLICIT**

Been to Marley and Cliff concerts in Jamica but my actual favorite is Johnny Nash in concert. Long story but as usual it has to do with females.......................Johnny was not Jamaican but he was very popular in Jamica and a certain Holiday Inn bar waitress in Jamica is still on my mind...Johnny version and Jimmy version..you pick....both are great

• Like 1

May Day (a.k.a. IWD)

Mayday! (a.k.a.S.O.S.)

On 4/27/2017 at 10:57 AM, aubearcat said:

One of my favorite songs to sing-a-long with.

Maybe my all time favorite. 

On 4/28/2017 at 10:03 PM, augolf1716 said:

Been to Marley and Cliff concerts in Jamica but my actual favorite is Johnny Nash in concert. Long story but as usual it has to do with females.......................Johnny was not Jamaican but he was very popular in Jamica and a certain Holiday Inn bar waitress in Jamica is still on my mind...Johnny version and Jimmy version..you pick....both are great

I've got time...

Not sure if you're a reader but this book was pretty good. It took me awhile to understand a lot of the patois but it might be easier for you to understand since you've spent time there. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I've got time...

Not sure if you're a reader but this book was pretty good. It took me awhile to understand a lot of the patois but it might be easier for you to understand since you've spent time there. 

My Uncle Dave, who worked for Immigration in St. Thomas, USVI (~60s) recommended "Don't Stop the Carnival" (Herman Wouk) as a general introductory guide to Caribbean culture, and I pass on his recommendation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

My Uncle Dave, who worked for Immigration in St. Thomas, USVI (~60s) recommended "Don't Stop the Carnival" (Herman Wouk) as a general introductory guide to Caribbean culture, and I pass on his recommendation.

Noted, thanks!

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Willie Nelson does a good cover of this one. 

Just Listened. Thanks.

Painfully Pretty song.

1 minute ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Painfully Pretty song.

What's painful about not knowing a dream that's not been shattered??

(Perfectly put.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I've got time...

Thanks I'll check it out...........

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

Despite your Avi Profile (am I using that term right?) interest in basses, you present a consistent and impressive pattern of rhythmically tight music (though I guess they're not unrelated?).

If you'd posted these separately, I'd have liked them each, and still wished to like the first one a second time.

Many Thanks.

Edited by AUinTLoosa
spelling

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

What's painful about not knowing a dream that's not been shattered??

(Perfectly put.)

You can call me Al (iteratively, if you wish).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

I worked in St Thomas in the mid 70's job would take island hopping all over the Caribbean. Lived in Miami

13 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Despite your Avi Profile (am I using that term right?) interest in basses, you present a consistent and impressive pattern of rhythmically tight music (though I guess they're not unrelated?).

If you'd posted these separately, I'd have liked them each, and still wished to like the first one a second time.

Many Thanks.

Thank you for the compliment and yes, these guys are definitely groovy. Basses are definitely rhythmic. Some consider a bass to be a percussive instrument. I'm looking for a bass if you know of a good one for sale. Also, "Let's Go Celtics!"

Edited by aubearcat

@AUinTLoosa check these guys out. Very clean 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I worked in St Thomas in the mid 70's job would take island hopping all over the Caribbean. Lived in Miami

All these years and you never managed to do anything interesting with any of them. Damn shame.

It be May? Maybe.

[humble apologies for even more of Ms. Joplin, but better than the Chantels, Beatles alternatives]

Love 'em both

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

All these years and you never managed to do anything interesting with any of them. Damn shame.

yeah I know damn shame:jossun:

• Like 1