Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Unlike some posting here, I've had relatively few barroom encounters with musicians, and even fewer that were in any way accidental. While an AU co-op traveling, I found myself in a hole-in-the-wall bar in the outskirts of Oklahoma City and ran into Tom Paxton. Covers, by others, of his music are much easier to find/post than his own recordings. His "Last Thing on my Mind," e.g., was much more famously covered by Peter, Paul and Mary; The Seekers, and John Denver. This one was covered by Kingston Trio, and Doc Watson.

He also had a long history of "folk protest"/political-satire songs, also more famously covered by others (e.g. this one that was picked up by Guthrie the Younger):

Yo @ShocksMyBrain- just had a killer Phish dance party with my McLittle. She started getting down to Antelope quite on her own, and it continued for a couple more songs. Tweezer got weird and we switched to Joan Jett. (I want strong female rock'n'rollers to be an influence. And 'I Love Rock'n'Roll' is damn near a perfect song.)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

One day I will own both a larger home and a record collection. No way I'd be able to store them where I currently live. I know how people get with vinyl, and let's just say that I'm not skilled in the art of moderation. 

Sold my vinyl collection of 1200 albums about a year ago...................Sad sad day just got to much for me to handle

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yo @ShocksMyBrain- just had a killer Phish dance party with my McLittle. She started getting down to Antelope quite on her own, and it continued for a couple more songs. Tweezer got weird and we switched to Joan Jett. (I want strong female rock'n'rollers to be an influence. And 'I Love Rock'n'Roll' is damn near a perfect song.)

I love JJ......I mean what's not to love....................

• Like 1

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Sold my vinyl collection of 1200 albums about a year ago...................Sad sad day just got to much for me to handle

That's what she said? Just trying to make lemonade, I bet that was a difficult decision.

• Like 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

That's what she said? Just trying to make lemonade, I bet that was a difficult decision.

Yep some albums I had since the 60's

Got me started on one of my girls

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If those records could talk... 

Don't get me started like I said sad sad day but that got a good home I made sure of that. One guy bought all of them 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Don't get me started like I said sad sad day but that got a good home I made sure of that. One guy bought all of them 

You done done it now...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That's awesome. No dumb hipster bragging about that Bitches Brew they got for a bargain and never listen to. 

I would, Joan. I sure would. But I hear I'm not your type...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

To this day, this was the the most energized concert I've ever seen. This song? Fuhgghettaboutit...

Rock n roll bucket list. I envy you. I still crank that one up and pretend to be much younger. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

To this day, this was the the most energized concert I've ever seen. This song? Fuhgghettaboutit...

Damn straight one of the best concerts ever 

• Like 1

MTV at its best I can remember seeing this for the first time on MTV at my condo in Hallendale, Fl with  Kiki and Stefie

Ok I'll give everyone two hints which I pretty sure everyone knows. When going to the movies always stay thru all the credits to the end when they show the songs/singers which were in the movie. Can not tell how many great songs I have come across. Also always look for the long version of any song here is an example.......sometimes not always the longer version can give a different version all together. Oh at the 54 second mark check out my wife

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

MTV at its best I can remember seeing this for the first time on MTV at my condo in Hallendale, Fl with  Kiki and Stefie

"Hummmm" -augolf1716

I can't begin to explain what this song means to me. Just too much. I'll just say that I listened to this album while searching for my bro all over AU after beating the turds. I found him at the McDonalds by Anders. I was maybe 19. 20+ years ago. 

BTW, bammer still sucks.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 3