Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

7 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I can't begin to explain what this song means to me. Just too much. I'll just say that I listened to this album while searching for my bro all over AU after beating the turds. I found him at the McDonalds by Anders. I was maybe 19. 20+ years ago. 

BTW, bammer still sucks.

Love acoustic version and of course bammers suck

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I can't begin to explain what this song means to me. Just too much. I'll just say that I listened to this album while sear him for my bro all over AU after beating the turds. I found him at the McDonalds by Anders. I was maybe 19. 20+ years ago. 

BTW, bammer still sucks.

I love this story. Reminds me of a few of my own.

Golf mentioned movies and watching the credits. Another thing you can do is go to youtube and search "fargo season 2 soundtrack". Or click here. Worth watching the show just for the music. 

We've all been drinking, right? I think my wife wants me to come to bed. Damn.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Golf mentioned movies and watching the credits. Another thing you can do is go to youtube and search "fargo season 2 soundtrack". Or click here. Worth watching the show just for the music. 

My story is good, but not that dang good.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well damn get to it boy and yes I've had a few PBR's what's your point........................lol......................oh by the way my wife is at a dentist convention this weekend so I'm safe

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

My story is good, but not that dang good.

I wish, but I think it's more of a clear out the DVR kind of night :(

I'd rather listen to more rock.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well damn get to it boy and yes I've had a few PBR's what's your point........................lol......................oh by the way my wife is at a dentist convention this weekend so I'm safe

Out of likes, enjoy the freedom 

Long story short. AU v Bammer '93. My bro and I show up, no ticket, get in with 2 ish minutes left. The first snap I see as I'm standing in the breezeway is a handoff to Bostic to wh I he quickly races 70+ yards for a touchdown. 

It was like a dream. The rest of my night was like a dream. We got separated afterwards and being '93, no cell phones. He was hammered, I wasn't. We connected the next day and headed home, but not after I spent hours looking for him as I rode around in my Nissan P/u, smoking Marlboro lights listening to STP.

ETA...I met tater tot that night. He was nice.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 1

Nirvana was a Haley's Comet in my musical world. Enjoy the subtitles.

For comparison 

Edited by aubearcat
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

\m/

Much as I hate them, time for another ignorance admission. What means \m/? Trying to read between the lines, I'd come to believe that it had something to do with the group Metallica, but I've been seeing it associated with other artists as well. Google doesn't give me anything that seems remotely meaningful.

17 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yo @ShocksMyBrain- just had a killer Phish dance party with my McLittle. She started getting down to Antelope quite on her own, and it continued for a couple more songs. Tweezer got weird and we switched to Joan Jett. (I want strong female rock'n'rollers to be an influence. And 'I Love Rock'n'Roll' is damn near a perfect song.)

Many Thanks. First is another shovelful towards filling my Phishing hole. Composition is on the edge of chaotic for my tastes, but instrumental mastery of the whole group is astounding.

16 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Sold my vinyl collection of 1200 albums about a year ago...................Sad sad day just got to much for me to handle

Damn. Can't like.

Understood, but feel for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Nirvana was a Haley's Comet in my musical world. Enjoy the subtitles.

For comparison 

My turn to cry? Leadbelly's "Last Sessions" was in the "inherited" subset of my albums, and lost in our flood of '14.

@AUld fAUx@ \m/ is the hand people  make that some have termed "devil horns". Index up, middle two down with thumb folded over those two, and pinky up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

@AUld fAUx@ \m/ is the hand people  make that some have termed "devil horns". Index up, middle two down with thumb folded over those two, and pinky up. 

Gotch'a. Both grateful (for the education) and (a bit?) disappointed in the vagary nature of my newfound knowledge. So, practitioners could just as well be saying "Hook'em," or the letter "Y" in American Sign. 

Thank You. I do, indeed, see much more clearly now.

Their performance is decidedly lackluster, but their message is worthwhile.

Good and proper to remember where we came from.

• Like 1

In the words of Macho Man, "Dig It!"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aubearcat said:

In the words of Macho Man, "Dig It!"

Must admit I actually got a fair amount of chili-pepper exposure when my daughter dated a wannabe bass player that was really into'em. Must also admit I sometimes played "Meters" and "Little Feat" back at him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Must admit I actually got a fair amount of chili-pepper exposure when my daughter dated a wannabe bass player that was really into'em. Must also admit I sometimes played "Meters" and "Little Feat" back at him.

My first Meters show is one of the most important musical experiences of my life. I don't say that lightly. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My first Meters show is one of the most important musical experiences of my life. I don't say that lightly. 

Alas, never caught them performing anywhere close to where I was at the time.

Hope the crowd, however, will forgive this self-indulgence.

• Like 1

Just an old-fashioned love song? The (distant, by far) second loudest band I've heard in Mobile Municipal (producing an ACM flurry, vs the veritable blizzard of the Mothers). Mr. Anderson was a lewd flautist.

• Like 1

Big Tull fan here.......................true hippies love this song which means my dope, marijuana, selling girlfriend at Auburn love it.

17 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Mr. Anderson was a lewd flautist.

What's lewd about sitting on a park bench and eyeing little girls with bad intent?

I mean, I know it was just a fictional character, but damn. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

What's lewd about sitting on a park bench and eyeing little girls with bad intent?

I mean, I know it was just a fictional character, but damn. 

Sorry if unclear.

In live performances, every time Mr. Anderson took a breath, he was taking advantage of the phallic-symbol potential inherent in his instrument as a focal point for his stage-presence routine.