Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

good one loof

About one half of one percent as good as the story itself. 

Do you have these written down somewhere? Seems like you should have your memoirs published. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Saw Jerry in Hayleville, Al free concert back in 75 set his piano on fire

Can't like.

IMHO, gott'a rank up there with smashing a perfectly good guitar.

9 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Pleasant enough ditty, and good vocal blend, but I've never understood how it became the #1/year.

Somewhat memorable, that was the year I accidentally drained a canal (summer job).

2 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Pleasant enough ditty, and good vocal blend, but I've never understood how it became the #1/year.

Somewhat memorable, that was the year I accidentally drained a canal (summer job).

Lot of things not understood about 1972 as I recall. Maybe for another thread but how does one accidentally drain a canal? This should be interesting.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Love the way she does this one

Mr. Buffet was a local boy.

His sister Lulu still runs a place in Gulf Shores.

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Lot of things not understood about 1972 as I recall. Maybe for another thread but how does one accidentally drain a canal? This should be interesting.

College kid (one of my many school careers), summer job with the Corps of Engineers. They sent me to Lock #1 of the West Pearl River Lateral Canal (very slow, one or two tugs/month) to learn the ropes enough to cut the Locktender loose for his first vacation in years. My parents were passing through to a barbershop convention in NOLA and I showed them my newfound skills by cycling the lock-tank (they were very impressed). Alas, I didn't quite get the valve closed, and drained the stretch below Lock #2 from regulation depth down to about 1/2 that overnight. Just one tug (w./ 4 pulpwood barges), but took 3 days to refloat him. Locktender had returned by then and ordered me to be scarce when the tug operator arrived. Much funnier in afterthought than it was at the time.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Oh yes, visit the area often, have family on the bay at Orange Beach. Love that entire locale. Buy our meat at some little out of the way country store near Foley I think (any help with name appreciated). Always try to get a little Fairhope in. The wife and I have spent a couple of great weekends at a B&B type accommodation there. Fairhope has to resemble Heaven.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Oh yes, visit the area often, have family on the bay at Orange Beach. Love that entire locale. Buy our meat at some little out of the way country store near Foley I think (any help with name appreciated). Always try to get a little Fairhope in. The wife and I have spent a couple of great weekends at a B&B type accommodation there. Fairhope has to resemble Heaven.   

Farm Fresh Meats in Robertsdale? They took over the packing-house facilities from the old slaughter-house (big empty barn looking thing out back). Fairhope's good. Mom grew up there, and we threw my parents their 60th festivities at the B&B on Church St.

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Been to Lulus place to eat 

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

And an Auburn boy, no?

I got to go to Judge Roy Bean's once. Fun night. It was the night before a wedding that was hosted in someone's great backyard on one of the bays down there. Champagne and beer bar before the ceremony, bare feet encouraged, literally were just asked to turn our attention from the bar to the altar for the ceremony, low country boil thrown down immediately after the ceremony, newspaper covering the tables and everything. The bride and groom made their getaway in a boat. Great weekend. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And an Auburn boy, no?

I got to go to Judge Roy Bean's once. Fun night. It was the night before a wedding that was hosted in someone's great backyard on one of the bays down there. Champagne and beer bar before the ceremony, bare feet encouraged, literally were just asked to turn our attention from the bar to the altar for the ceremony, low country boil thrown down immediately after the ceremony, newspaper covering the tables and everything. The bride and groom made their getaway in a boat. Great weekend. 

Did they have a Beer Drinking Bear?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And an Auburn boy, no?

Miss 'em, as I'm sure Fairhope Brewery knew I would when they named a brew after'em. 

Mr. Buffet was a bit before me in school and I hadn't realized his college affiliation. I do know that he and Snake Stabler got along over years (Flora-Bama showed up in occasional news reports).

46 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Farm Fresh Meats in Robertsdale? They took over the packing-house facilities from the old slaughter-house (big empty barn looking thing out back). Fairhope's good. Mom grew up there, and we threw my parents their 60th festivities at the B&B on Church St.

Google is wonderful sometime - Elberta Grocery & Gas - make their own sauage and great stuff. Home of the annual Elberta sausage festival. On 98 just east of The Roadkill Cafe. 

• Like 1

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Google is wonderful sometime - Elberta Grocery & Gas - make their own sauage and great stuff. Home of the annual Elberta sausage festival. On 98 just east of The Roadkill Cafe. 

Gotcha - I missed this spring's festival for graduation.

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Did they have a Beer Drinking Bear?

Not to my admittedly foggy recollection, but they did have a popcorn stealing goat. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not to my admittedly foggy recollection, but they did have a popcorn stealing goat. 

Judge Roy Bean, the hanging judge of the American wild west. ... And above the door he posted signs proclaiming "Ice Cold Beer" and "Law ... His court paraphernalia included only one revolver, one law book and a pet bear. ... Judge Roy Bean died in March 16, 1903, peacefully in his bed, after a bout of heavy drinking.
Gotta love him
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:
Judge Roy Bean, the hanging judge of the American wild west. ... And above the door he posted signs proclaiming "Ice Cold Beer" and "Law ... His court paraphernalia included only one revolver, one law book and a pet bear. ... Judge Roy Bean died in March 16, 1903, peacefully in his bed, after a bout of heavy drinking.
Gotta love him

Alas, no jurisdiction East of the Pecos

• Like 1

I take a one-day break from summery songs to observe Flag Day. Admittedly a practiced (gold-medal) barbershop quartet but, trust me, they would have been “vaudeville-hooked” off of any SPEBSQSA stage (“P” violation) for this song/arrangement. They’re going off the reservation here.

Besides, another rather atypical weather day down here (still ain’t much sunshine).

Well bet you never thought I would post this but if you've ever been to a black church or a southern baptist revival you know what I'm talking about. Some of the best gospel you ever want to hear in black churches. 

Now on the flip side let all have a few PBR's

• Like 3

Just going to refer people to this thread(it's not political despite the forum it's in). 

If you've been around here in this thread, he had an extensive knowledge of music and loved the discussion, as well as introducing many of us to new or unheard tunes. 

• Like 2