Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

On 8/2/2018 at 2:03 PM, kevon67 said:

The above 3 are on my worst of.........Full Bug, Little Guitars, and one I am struggling to remember......Where have all the good time gone might be 3rd.

Acknowledged and understood.

In interest of full disclosure, a major reason I wanted a copy of any Van Halen album was to keep the "kids" entertained at weekend poker games in the barracks. My clearest memories are of heavily-played radio songs (Runnin' with the Devil?) and that Mr. Van Halen was married to a cutie from a TV sit-com?

Edited by AUld fAUx@
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 3:56 PM, augolf1716 said:

Don't know sorry

Ain't no thing. Just curious.

I did note (in your video above) a reference to Buster Keaton, as well as several clips of Mr. Depps' (fairly competently) emulation of some of the classic Hat Tricks.

2 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Speaking of loving hippie girls,

Did you hear any of the stories (rumors?, scuttlebutt?, slander?) re: Donovan?

to the effect that he rode his innocent flower-child persona and distribution of, um, vitamins other than Q, in a sort'a Cosby-like pattern?

I admit I've never seen/heard proof, but I let the hints color my views, especially on this song:

No never heard much about Donovan but I wouldn't doubt it

14 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Ain't no thing. Just curious.

I did note (in your video above) a reference to Buster Keaton, as well as several clips of Mr. Depps' (fairly competently) emulation of some of the classic Hat Tricks.

Loved Buster I catch him on TCM all I can I also really liked Depp in his earlier movies especially in Gilbert but he seems to have gone over the edge for now

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2018 at 11:48 PM, SaturdayGT said:

I challenge anyone to come up with a band with as much talent as rush...may be the among the best bassists and drummers of all time...the guitarist is no joke either..,,

If I've said it once, I've said it at least a second time,

they can flat fill a space with just three (and, of course, a few amps)

On 8/3/2018 at 11:56 PM, SaturdayGT said:

Stuff to like in there.

Still young?

Still one of the coolest and strangest music videos I've ever seen. And Buffy the Vampire Slayer(Sarah Michelle Gellar) is a nice addition to the video too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Sunday PM radio guy reminded me of this old goodie, but 

is it really blues?

2 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Stuff to like in there.

Still young?

Me?..I like to think so! Lol...I play guitar a little, theres somthing about playing guitar that funneled me into loving the blues....give me a porch at night, a few beers and some robert jhonson radio on pandora and it will turn what you think you know about music on end!..... Early era blues is new to me, and i feel like ive cheated myself badly being 45 years old and just now figuring it out!....totally fufills every bit of the definition of fascinating!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

They say blues is dying.......Is that even possible???

Out'a thanks, but

apparently not.

• Like 1

https://roadtrippers.com/trips/10427768

Id love to do this hwy 61 blues Highway....the Robert Johnson story gets me.... for those that dont know the story, Robert Johnson was horrible at guitar.....he would get booed off stage and was basically an annoying joke....hes the guy that went to the crossroads and sold his soul.....If any of you play guitar, you'll understand...you do not advance much in a 6 month period, yet Robert Johnson went from an annoying noise maker on guitar, to the father of friggin rock and roll in that short of a period!  the foundations to all the rock songs today were all laid out by Robert Johnson almost 100 years ago!...awesome legend!!...The crossroads are a definite bucket list for me....This blues trail?..there's like a thousand names associated with the trail going back over a century. Before I realized this, I felt pretty sound on songs and music.....After realizing..there is a ton of awesomeness going way back, ..ya just gotta look!...again, robert johnson radio pandora....youll have to get over the differences of todays stuff....primarily the songs end abruptly and they got the scratchy sound but yeah, get over that and your in for a treat! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

Shoot!

Out'a likes again.

IOU

Back in business. Also, searched your Ms. Taylor, ^above^; something of a prodigy?

Many Thanks for both

Edited by AUld fAUx@
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Shoot!

Out'a likes again.

IOU

Back in business. Also, searched your Ms. Taylor, ^above^; something of a prodigy?

Many Thanks for both

That's some great stuff there.......just don't here that kind of music anymore

OT but thought some here might appreciate it.

6t1sliU.jpg

2 Elderly Men Sneak Out of Nursing Home to Attend Heavy Metal Music Festival in Germany

"You’re never too old to rock out..."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/whats-trending/2-elderly-men-sneak-out-of-nursing-home-to-attend-heavy-metal-music-festival-in-germany/ar-BBLAFnE?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

On 8/5/2018 at 10:21 PM, SaturdayGT said:

https://roadtrippers.com/trips/10427768

Id love to do this hwy 61 blues Highway....the Robert Johnson story gets me.... for those that dont know the story, Robert Johnson was horrible at guitar.....he would get booed off stage and was basically an annoying joke....hes the guy that went to the crossroads and sold his soul.....If any of you play guitar, you'll understand...you do not advance much in a 6 month period, yet Robert Johnson went from an annoying noise maker on guitar, to the father of friggin rock and roll in that short of a period!  the foundations to all the rock songs today were all laid out by Robert Johnson almost 100 years ago!...awesome legend!!...The crossroads are a definite bucket list for me....This blues trail?..there's like a thousand names associated with the trail going back over a century. Before I realized this, I felt pretty sound on songs and music.....After realizing..there is a ton of awesomeness going way back, ..ya just gotta look!...again, robert johnson radio pandora....youll have to get over the differences of todays stuff....primarily the songs end abruptly and they got the scratchy sound but yeah, get over that and your in for a treat! 

I feel ya on learning the guitar. I think I gave up too early!

Lots of good stuff on that list. Only one I can disagree with....Doe’s in Baton Rouge. Skip it. If you’re on the blues trail through the delta, go to the original Doe’s in Greenville, MS. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

6t1sliU.jpg

2 Elderly Men Sneak Out of Nursing Home to Attend Heavy Metal Music Festival in Germany

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/whats-trending/2-elderly-men-sneak-out-of-nursing-home-to-attend-heavy-metal-music-festival-in-germany/ar-BBLAFnE?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

I imagine that this applied to most concertgoers at 3:00 AM:

Police finally found the two headbangers 25 miles from their nursing home at the music festival at about 3 a.m. where Merle Neufeld, a police spokesperson, told German outlet Deutsche Welle they were “disoriented and dazed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

6t1sliU.jpg

My heros

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I imagine that this applied to most concertgoers at 3:00 AM:

All in the past for me?

• Like 2

Okay, putting in a request: Beach/pool/river tunes, please.

Trying to get outside the box a little bit. Not Bob Marley, or Jimmy Buffett, or Dave Matthews, or any of the usual suspects. We can't get a meal at a decent restaurant without hearing that stuff down here. Could be worse, don't get me wrong, but I need to start using the beach to enjoy some new/different/forgotten stuff. 

TIA

53 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Okay, putting in a request: Beach/pool/river tunes, please.

Trying to get outside the box a little bit. Not Bob Marley, or Jimmy Buffett, or Dave Matthews, or any of the usual suspects. We can't get a meal at a decent restaurant without hearing that stuff down here. Could be worse, don't get me wrong, but I need to start using the beach to enjoy some new/different/forgotten stuff. 

TIA

This do 'til something better comes along?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

This do 'til something better comes along?

Not sure if McWifey will tolerate that one but you're on the right track. Just grabbed some Jerry Jeff Walker and Larry Jon Wilson (love driving over the Ohoopee River between Savannah and Macon), among many, many other things. 230 songs so far. Thanks!

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not sure if McWifey will tolerate that one but you're on the right track. Just grabbed some Jerry Jeff Walker and Larry Jon Wilson (love driving over the Ohoopee River between Savannah and Macon), among many, many other things. 230 songs so far. Thanks!

Try this always liked Ini when at the beach

Also War is a great beach/pool/river group imo to listen to. The songs Summer and All Day Music is a perfect example. 

• Like 1