Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Dang I had the hots for Sally....................look at those legs/hot pants........bet you never thought you would hear this song on this thread

• Thanks 1

80's got to love them or hate them

Great great movie by the way........funny as hell..this was one of the movies I had to watch until all the credits played over and over until at the end of the credits you get the songs so I could find out who sung this damn song and copy it. Back in the 80's it was not that easy to figure out who sang what songs in the movie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2018 at 10:22 PM, augolf1716 said:

Been a while but played free at Auburn in the barn

Hendrix's early passing was obviously a tragedy for many reasons, but only giving us a glimpse of Band of Gypsys is high on my list. 

• Like 2

On 7/26/2018 at 8:05 PM, augolf1716 said:

Now please understand I do not care for the guy overall but I do love this song just has a nice beat to it. 

Slow weekend?

Always liked a bunch of his stuff.

Many thanks, and I'll wade through the rest when I can.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Slow weekend?

Always liked a bunch of his stuff.

Many thanks, and I'll wade through the rest when I can.

Same here...........several years back there was a movie Saving Silverman..........thought it was cool how Diamond and his music was featured in the movie.

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2018 at 9:01 PM, kevon67 said:

Ok promise this it as I dont want to beat this subjet in the ground?

I also liked "Good Enough" from 5150.......the rest of Van Hagar and all of Diver Down for the exception of maybe 3 songs should be tossed into a worst of album.......then buried at least 40 feet deep.........as to spare future generations?

Liked what they had been playing on the radio, but Only album I ever "owned" (and even it was a cassette tape, looong since disintegrated) was copied from a young barracks-mate. Won't even try to guess your "maybe three" exceptions, but the core of my want for the album was this string of 3 (sorry about that, Chief) covers.

Edited by AUld fAUx@
punctuation
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2018 at 9:05 PM, augolf1716 said:

BST has never gotten the credit David Clayton-Thomas  was a very good singer

Yes! 

but, ultimately, destructive (at, like, Stevie Nicks level)?

A "vacation buddy" (son of one of my dad's old Marine buddies, our extended families had many decades of a kind'a home-and-home visitation series) was a roadie with them for years. One visit, I asked why I hadn't heard anything new from them for a bit. Apparently Mr. Clayton-Thomas had broken away to try solo. Neither fragment of the group was doing well, and Mr. Clayton-Thomas came back and asked to rejoin. The rump band agreed to take him back on contract but damage to chemistry was done.

On 7/26/2018 at 9:56 PM, augolf1716 said:

True story mostly anyone ever heard of Hootenanny?

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 5:52 PM, AUld fAUx@ said:

Liked what they had been playing on the radio, but Only album I ever "owned" (and even it was a cassette tape, looong since disintegrated) was copied from a young barracks-mate. Won't even try to guess your "maybe three" exceptions, but the core of my want for the album was this string of 3 (sorry about that, Chief) covers.

The above 3 are on my worst of.........Full Bug, Little Guitars, and one I am struggling to remember......Where have all the good time gone might be 3rd.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

New to me. Many thanks.

Lets just say I am a fan of beautiful brown women and leave it there. Carlos wasn't half bad. ;)

On 7/28/2018 at 9:39 PM, augolf1716 said:

'What's Eating Gilbert Grape'  great movie............what the hell to Depp..

Never saw the movie.

Did Mr. Depps' character give proper credit to Mr. Chaplin for the "Table Dance" routine?

Ive heard this song a thousand times in my life and never gave it much thought, then I didn't hear it again for several years and it was almost forgotten. Then one day, driving back from the beach by myself, this song came on the radio, I cranked it up and just fell in love with it!...How did I overlook how awesome this song was for so long?.....Its now my new top open highway, road trip driving song!

Edited by SaturdayGT
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Never saw the movie.

Did Mr. Depps' character give proper credit to Mr. Chaplin for the "Table Dance" routine?

Don't know sorry

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SaturdayGT said:

Ive heard this song a thousand times in my life and never gave it much thought, then I didn't hear it again for several years and it was almost forgotten. Then one day, driving back from the beach by myself, this song came on the radio, I cranked it up and just fell in love with it!...How did I overlook how awesome this song was for so long?.....Its now my new top open highway, road trip driving song!

Oh heck yeah song never gets old......gotta love that juice harp and harmonica. This video show them Live At The Fillmore East 1968 

• Like 1

I challenge anyone to come up with a band with as much talent as rush...may be the among the best bassists and drummers of all time...the guitarist is no joke either..,,

• Like 1

As everyone knows I have a love for Hippie girls from way back but I did have a girlfriend at AU who was totally opposite. Clean cut in education school only crazy thing she would do was drink a beer every now and then. Her name was Martha White yep the flour girl self rising herself. Her brother was Don White who I played golf against in high school. He was good beat me once. One thing Martha had was a love for Al Green well all I needed to do was play Al on the stereo and oh my my..... After she graduated I went to see her in Montgomery about two months before she got married out she bring a Al Green album oh my my. Her favorites are below with "I'm Still In Love With You" #1. She really was a special girl 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/30/2018 at 7:47 PM, augolf1716 said:

God I loved hippies girls

Speaking of loving hippie girls,

Did you hear any of the stories (rumors?, scuttlebutt?, slander?) re: Donovan?

to the effect that he rode his innocent flower-child persona and distribution of, um, vitamins other than Q, in a sort'a Cosby-like pattern?

I admit I've never seen/heard proof, but I let the hints color my views, especially on this song: