Men Vs. lsu - Game Thread

WarTiger

This team is in a very deep rut right now. No idea if they get out or not this year. Canty has been a nonfactor since the uat game. Harris hasn't been been much of one either. Coach just needs to keep working Spencer inside to get him better at finishing and try to establish something inside to get some shots for Brown and Canty. Don't know what happened to Lang but he isn't much help lately either. Bowers needs to do what he can and limit it to that, but when nothing is happening, who is to blame him for trying to force the issue. It's no different than Canty shooting 24 footers with guys in his face.

I just hope Bruce doesn't bail before the rebuild is complete.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must have really felt like he had to prove a point if he sat Canty for the final 3+ minutes when we were almost threatening to make a game out of it. Was just wondering if there was something specific that I missed

CB apparently not the only problem.....and Bruce tried to sit the starters to make a point....just appears that he can't get their attention or something.

Not sure how many heard it but Pearl was mic'd up during the game and during one of the timeouts, he wasn't yelling at the players, but was questioning their intensity and desire to win. He was basically saying they were loafing up and down the floor and not challenging the opponent. I give Pearl a pass on this year largely due to the injuries we are dealing with simply because we just have no depth as a result. But that doesn't change the fact that the players that are out there need to give everything they have, not just one or two players and not just in spurts, but all the time. Spencer is playing extremely well, IMO and I can see him developing into a terrific player before he leaves Auburn. Bryce Brown had a great night shooting the ball last night but we need more consistency from him when he's on the floor. He has a terrific shot and he seems to take quality shots. The future is bright for Auburn we just need everybody to buy in and once they do, stay healthy so they can contribute. I just think how much better we would be with Shamsid-Deen, Dunans and even Purifoy on the floor.

Not sure how many heard it but Pearl was mic'd up during the game and during one of the timeouts, he wasn't yelling at the players, but was questioning their intensity and desire to win. He was basically saying they were loafing up and down the floor and not challenging the opponent. I give Pearl a pass on this year largely due to the injuries we are dealing with simply because we just have no depth as a result. But that doesn't change the fact that the players that are out there need to give everything they have, not just one or two players and not just in spurts, but all the time. Spencer is playing extremely well, IMO and I can see him developing into a terrific player before he leaves Auburn. Bryce Brown had a great night shooting the ball last night but we need more consistency from him when he's on the floor. He has a terrific shot and he seems to take quality shots. The future is bright for Auburn we just need everybody to buy in and once they do, stay healthy so they can contribute. I just think how much better we would be with Shamsid-Deen, Dunans and even Purifoy on the floor.

The worse things get the more I miss Dunans.....just can't see him loping up and down the floor, or resting on defense. As for TS_D....gotta wonder if he will be back....maybe tried to come back too soon after surgery but he's gonna ruin the next 50 years of his life abusing that shoulder like that.

Attitude is contagious....good and bad....

when you have quality depth, then it is easy to sit the "loafers" ... normally (always an exception or two) real players will turn it around and give full effort. I think TSD is the missing link this year. Noone gives the effort that guy does. He sets the example. If they don't step up, then there is an effort contrast on the floor ... nobody wants to be seen as the guy not trying - at least until nobody is ...

One of the things the Auburn fan base will deal with is a team losing while giving it their all, particularly with the injury setbacks this team has. People won't go to the games if the players have mailed it in.

We are doing just fine for year 2 of total rebuild. Depth is a huge issue that will hopefully be taken care of next season.

Except for the whole, "guys seem to be checking out and getting benched for their attitude" thing.

Does having what appears to be a whole team of guys they don't care and loaf for long stretches of games not concern people? Attitude is a reflection of leadership and these guys attitudes just seem to get worse and worse as the season wears on. Is Bruce losing the team or is something else going on? Whatever it is, it's festering and quite concerning to me. The losses I don't mind. The attitude is eerily similar to the 2012 football team. Playing half assed half the time which pretty much guarantees losses. What's the deal here? It isn't depth. Lack of depth doesn't lead to lack of desire and bad attitudes with proper leadership. I'm already throwing in the towel for this year as far as ever becoming a good team. Man I sure hope next year is a complete 180.

Does having what appears to be a whole team of guys they don't care and loaf for long stretches of games not concern people? Attitude is a reflection of leadership and these guys attitudes just seem to get worse and worse as the season wears on. Is Bruce losing the team or is something else going on? Whatever it is, it's festering and quite concerning to me. The losses I don't mind. The attitude is eerily similar to the 2012 football team. Playing half assed half the time which pretty much guarantees losses. What's the deal here? It isn't depth. Lack of depth doesn't lead to lack of desire and bad attitudes with proper leadership. I'm already throwing in the towel for this year as far as ever becoming a good team. Man I sure hope next year is a complete 180.

Hard to understand.....basically these are all his guys....a few he inherited but the ones doing most of the playing are his recruits and for some reason they seem to be tuning him out....maybe his enthusiasm is getting old to them....or what? :dunno:

Hard to understand.....basically these are all his guys....a few he inherited but the ones doing most of the playing are his recruits and for some reason they seem to be tuning him out....maybe his enthusiasm is getting old to them....or what? :dunno:/>

He had to get who he could, not necessarily his ideal recruits. Especially last year with Bowers. He has better talent, but not a strong team-- but injuries have been huge.

I wouldn't consider this roster a team of his recruits TRULY. He's been piecing together this roster through a combination of patchwork and recruiting rather than just recruiting. Jucos and transfers are always temporary solutions IMO and we have 2 juco guys and 2 transfers that were all playing big time minutes for us. I do think Brown and Spencer are BP's type of guys that he sees as a foundation moving forward.

These kids have played a lot of minutes and are probably a little depressed that they are loosing. It wears on you it is not an indication of character. Injuries of your friends playing longg minutes and losing can impact a team. Also playing out of position with no true floor leader affects a team. Give the kids a break. They will be fine once re-reinforcements arrive. Next year people will be healthy then judge them.

Archived