Craig a candidate for lsu WR coach (update: Done Deal)

WarDamnEagleWDE

DC will do a great job getting those Mobile and south Florida recruits to sign with LSU. Miles now has THE BEST recruiter on his staff.

Maybe he can finally get them a decent QB? From Mobile? That make you happy? I hope.....

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cole, if you're hell bent on leaving, you look for a job that actually gives you some breadth of experience on your resume. Go to a different conference. Go to a different position (he was a QB coach once and a RB in the NFL . . . so those are two options). Go to a situation with the potential for growth (instead of the same job with an OC/QB coach that you'll never depose). There are plenty of options outside of lobbying for a job at a division rival.

But how can you know his options? Maybe he felt better staying in the SEC. It's not too far for him to use his same contacts. Maybe he will get more training. Maybe Cameron will use some NFL contacts for him. Maybe they flat out told him he is next in line. Maybe not as well but you can't expect him to put his life on hold or take a pay cut just because

Likely his major appeal to LSU was his recruiting reputation and not his coaching. That is a skill that would not have much appeal outside of the SEC....or maybe outside of the Gulf Coast. He did what he felt was best for himself....who can blame him for that?

Catching up and read through the entire thread.

Just wondering (because I am definitely no insider/coach at any level) but how effective can a coaching staff that has some internal division be at hiding it from the players? In other words how much do the players see (or sense) and how much does it detract from their play on the field (if at all)? And (assuming what has been said about Gus and Craig is true) was this part of the problem this past season? Maybe some of you closer to the program could comment. Thanks.

they know just as much and more than we do..that is my concern. it's not a matter of whether not having DC here will hurt WR development. my concern is how this stuff is going down and the effect it may have on the culture of the locker room and practice field. not a good thing losing so many coaches no matter how u look at it.

That's what I was getting at, too. Chemistry or lack of it makes a huge difference even when there's plenty of talent. Agree that losing so many coaches all at once is not good for stability. I also fall into the camp that would rather CGM had done something with Lashlee (whatever it took) in order to keep Craig. But would we rather have a united staff (even if we don't care for some of the individual coaches) or an all-star staff who are not on the same page? Someone earlier in the thread (couldn't find it to quote) said the coaches were pulling on opposite ends of the rope. Hopefully that stops. The only potential positive that I can see out of all this is that if the staff is now united, the players will respond. Still may not solve all the problems. And if not, I guess we'll be waiting to see who our new coach is at the end of the 2016 season.

Also lol at everybody begging wde constantly for info but when it's something they don't want to hear it's nobody knows the story....I can't think of too many times he's posted bad info but all of a sudden now he doesn't know what he's talking about???? The Gus fan club are a funny bunch

I haven't seen anyone here doubt WDEs info. I have seen a discussion on what that info means for the future. Disagreeing with his assessment of what his info means is a completely different deal than people claiming he doesn't know what he's talking about. I'd bet there isn't a single post anywhere on here claiming he doesn't know what he's talking about. Not one.

Catching up and read through the entire thread.

Just wondering (because I am definitely no insider/coach at any level) but how effective can a coaching staff that has some internal division be at hiding it from the players? In other words how much do the players see (or sense) and how much does it detract from their play on the field (if at all)? And (assuming what has been said about Gus and Craig is true) was this part of the problem this past season? Maybe some of you closer to the program could comment. Thanks.

they know just as much and more than we do..that is my concern. it's not a matter of whether not having DC here will hurt WR development. my concern is how this stuff is going down and the effect it may have on the culture of the locker room and practice field. not a good thing losing so many coaches no matter how u look at it.

That's what I was getting at, too. Chemistry or lack of it makes a huge difference even when there's plenty of talent. Agree that losing so many coaches all at once is not good for stability. I also fall into the camp that would rather CGM had done something with Lashlee (whatever it took) in order to keep Craig. But would we rather have a united staff (even if we don't care for some of the individual coaches) or an all-star staff who are not on the same page? Someone earlier in the thread (couldn't find it to quote) said the coaches were pulling on opposite ends of the rope. Hopefully that stops. The only potential positive that I can see out of all this is that if the staff is now united, the players will respond. Still may not solve all the problems. And if not, I guess we'll be waiting to see who our new coach is at the end of the 2016 season.

I'd say that's a good assessment. Ellitor said that Gus and DC were (having issues). He also said that Gus wanted Duke gone and DC talked him into keeping him several times. It appears, at least in that situation, that Gus was right. There's a ton of different factors here and both coaches are likely at fault to some extent, but the best way to move forward is to support the ones that are still here and hope that Gus made the right call. We'll know by this time next year.

Also lol at everybody begging wde constantly for info but when it's something they don't want to hear it's nobody knows the story....I can't think of too many times he's posted bad info but all of a sudden now he doesn't know what he's talking about???? The Gus fan club are a funny bunch

I haven't seen anyone here doubt WDEs info. I have seen a discussion on what that info means for the future. Disagreeing with his assessment of what his info means is a completely different deal than people claiming he doesn't know what he's talking about. I'd bet there isn't a single post anywhere on here claiming he doesn't know what he's talking about. Not one.

I dunno, someone said just that to him prior to signing day, lol. But you are correct, 99.999% of us know he knows his stuff.

Gus keeps on hiring "Yes men" from the ranks of high school coaches that will be loyal to him and not challenge him. DC is a huge loss for AU. As far as the buyout for Gus, who cares it isn't much in the overall budget. Watch as Gus runs AU into crap. DC made the right move get off the Gus Bus because it is heading off the cliff. Looking forward to the crash.

Gus has made more poor, check that, terrible coaching decisions since he has been at AU than any coach that ever coached at AU. He is the worst coach in AU history. Perhaps the next coach will have some good players to build on. Today we fell another 3 years behind UA.

I dunno, someone said just that to him prior to signing day, lol. But you are correct, 99.999% of us know he knows his stuff.

Well, I'm sure someone has at some point, I should have specified. I meant on this current discussion which is what Cole was claiming.

Gus keeps on hiring "Yes men" from the ranks of high school coaches that will be loyal to him and not challenge him. DC is a huge loss for AU. As far as the buyout for Gus, who cares it isn't much in the overall budget. Watch as Gus runs AU into crap. DC made the right move get off the Gus Bus because it is heading off the cliff. Looking forward to the crash.

Gus has made more poor, check that, terrible coaching decisions since he has been at AU than any coach that ever coached at AU. He is the worst coach in AU history. Perhaps the next coach will have some good players to build on. Today we fell another 3 years behind UA.

Well....since the crash is what you want........

Well, I'm sure someone has at some point, I should have specified. I meant on this current discussion which is what Cole was claiming.

He said DC left because of Gus being stubborn just about every one of the Gus fighters said it's something else. Don't waste your time trying to correct me, you can't

Also disagreeing with his assessment about his own info is the very definition of saying he doesn't know what he's talking about...

embarrassed to read most of this.

Very difficult to read. I hate having this conversation every few years. This conversation sucks

mostly the fans comments. If we win ten or twelve this year with a potent offense, will the whiners even enjoy it? I will not let them live this down.

Very difficult to read. I hate having this conversation every few years. This conversation sucks

mostly the fans comments. If we win ten or twelve this year with a potent offense, will the whiners even enjoy it? I will not let them live this down.

What's really funny is if this was a mistake....it will be forbidden to talk about like it never happened

What's really funny is if this was a mistake....it will be forbidden to talk about like it never happened

Either way. AU has my support. I love Auburn and always will. Gus is our guy. Kodi is our new guy. I am behind the staff. I got nothing else to say about this..

Yeah that's cool more power to you. I myself personally when I see somebody making dumb decisions I'm going to say something about it. I'm not just going to agree with every thing every person that gets hired by Auburn says and just shut up about it. That's just me, I'm not saying my way is any better than yours

Amen and amen again! At this point, we all need to move on and see what the future has for Auburn football. It is silly and childish to want Gus and his staff to fail miserably in 2016. I hated to see XCDC leave especially to a team I hate with a passion. No one really knows exactly what took place that made XCDC want to leave for LSU. I hope LSU goes down the toilet in a huge way and Les Miles and staff get the boot with or without XCDC.

We get the corndogs home for 2016, and I hope we beat the holy crap out of them and make XCDC wish he had stayed home.

Nothing has changed in that Gus will sink or swim soon. I definitely hope he swims.

There are definitely two sides to the CDC story from what I've heard. What it boils down to is AU isn't the right place for him right now. GM will sink or swim with rl and the coaches we have now. Let's hope they all pull together and make it work. To hope for anything else is assinine and selfish. Let's hope Gus becomes the coach that can bring a team together and play like there's no tomorrow. We have the talent. All we need is dome good coaching. WDE!

With that said, I am officially moving on.

Dude shut up really. Actually what you see is plenty of people complaining about you telling you to shut up. Don't try to start it up with me, we've done this before and I thought we agreed not to talk to each other. Shouldn't I be on your ignore list?

Lol at your mods comment as well....nobody is talking to you, nobody is paying attention to you, nobody cares about what you say. I told you, you're oblivious. Just treat me like everybody on this board treat you, ignore me. Don't talk to me. Let me be as oblivious to you as you are to everybody on this forum

I hope you're still in school, because no one of grown up age should be so concerned about their image that they believe insulting someone else's is actually an insult. hilarious

That doesn't even make sense. I'm assuming you're sensitive about things because you must have been one of the people arguing with wde....lol But like I said you keep going on these rants every so often then you'll talk to me. You notice ever since the first time you said you put me on ignore I've never said anything to you? Just stop talking to me. We don't have anything to argue about because I don't ever talk to you. Stop being a child.....

And why do you feel you can say all that about me but I don't suppose to say anything back to you? Actually nevermind that just don't talk to me. Like I said treat my post like everybody treat yours. Thanks I'll go back to not speaking to you as I've been doing now

Nothing has changed in that Gus will sink or swim soon. I definitely hope he swims.

There are definitely two sides to the CDC story from what I've heard. What it boils down to is AU isn't the right place for him right now. GM will sink or swim with rl and the coaches we have now. Let's hope they all pull together and make it work. To hope for anything else is assinine and selfish. Let's hope Gus becomes the coach that can bring a team together and play like there's no tomorrow. We have the talent. All we need is dome good coaching. WDE!

Nah FE has spoken for everybody and said he hasn't seen one person post two sides...he hasn't seen anybody say anything else besides Gus is stubborn

There are definitely two sides to the CDC story from what I've heard. What it boils down to is AU isn't the right place for him right now. GM will sink or swim with rl and the coaches we have now. Let's hope they all pull together and make it work. To hope for anything else is assinine and selfish. Let's hope Gus becomes the coach that can bring a team together and play like there's no tomorrow. We have the talent. All we need is some good coaching. WDE!

Nah FE has spoken for everybody and said he hasn't seen one person post two sides...he hasn't seen anybody say anything else besides Gus is stubborn

FE needs help.

People can spin it all they want. We have lost several coaches this off-season. The fact that CDC went to a rival of ours after pulling in, probably the best WR class in AU history is very concerning. Add to the fact that we just added Kodi Burns as CO-OC is also laughable. I like Kodi. He is a great kid. Did wonderful things as a player at AU, but he has had 1 year of previous experience at MTSU as a WR coach. Please spare me that he coached two 1,000 yard receivers. This is a whole new ball game. The good thing is Kodi has a chance to work with a very stellar WR class. Still, him being WR coach is not even what drives me crazy. It is the fact that he was named CO-OC. What?! We have two OC right now. Gus and Rhett. What possibly could Kodi have to offer? Why the heck is Coach Hand not the CO-OC. The way this should've been handled IMO is Gus and Coach Hand take over the offense, CDC becomes QB coach and Burns the WR coach. Bye Lashlee. Oh well.

WDE.

Yeah that's cool more power to you. I myself personally when I see somebody making dumb decisions I'm going to say something about it. I'm not just going to agree with every thing every person that gets hired by Auburn says and just shut up about it. That's just me, I'm not saying my way is any better than yours

Never said I agreed, just over it. I thinks it's time we move on and support the staff we have. I don't think DCs days at AU are over by no means, just not the time. Good luck to him and it's time to move past it

People can spin it all they want. We have lost several coaches this off-season. The fact that CDC went to a rival of ours after pulling in, probably the best WR class in AU history is very concerning. Add to the fact that we just added Kodi Burns as CO-OC is also laughable. I like Kodi. He is a great kid. Did wonderful things as a player at AU, but he has had 1 year of previous experience at MTSU as a WR coach. Please spare me that he coached two 1,000 yard receivers. This is a whole new ball game. The good thing is Kodi has a chance to work with a very stellar WR class. Still, him being WR coach is not even what drives me crazy. It is the fact that he was named CO-OC. What?! We have two OC right now. Gus and Rhett. What possibly could Kodi have to offer? Why the heck is Coach Hand not the CO-OC. The way this should've been handled IMO is Gus and Coach Hand take over the offense, CDC becomes QB coach and Burns the WR coach. Bye Lashlee. Oh well.

WDE.

Now there's an idea! I like it.

OK, so we know a few things, just from reading tea leaves.

1. There must be an explanation for Kodi getting the Co-OC designation. It could be financial, or it could be something else. I have seen some folks suggest that Kodi was involved in game planning when he was a GA here. I don't know whether that's true. Maybe an insider could confirm or deny.

2. There also must be a reason that CGM was ok with letting Craig go. We can sit here and speculate about who didn't get along with whom, whether Gus chose CRL over CDC, who deserves more of the blame for Craig leaving, and so on; but in the end, both CGM and Craig thought it would be better for him to move on.

3. I think it's entirely plausible that cole and FE are really CDC and CRL, respectively. :poke: Just kidding, y'all. Glad you've resolved not to engage each other in the future!

Archived