Craig a candidate for lsu WR coach (update: Done Deal)

WarDamnEagleWDE

Les Miles was 5 minutes away from losing his job, he was riding on the shoulders of his players on his last farewell tour of Death Valley and he ends up with a better defensive coaching staff than Auburn, hauls in top 5 recruiting class, and then he takes Auburn's ace recruiter?

There's no way to spin losing Craig to one of our main rivals as something remotely positive.

Do you think LSU needed Craig for his recruiting...after all at their lowest they still out recruited several SEC schools. LSU can have any receiver they want on Louisiana, and they have had some damn good ones. It's never positive to lose a good coach, but it does not mean the program is on the pathway to hell because one leaves.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Les Miles was 5 minutes away from losing his job, he was riding on the shoulders of his players on his last farewell tour of Death Valley and he ends up with a better defensive coaching staff than Auburn, hauls in top 5 recruiting class, and then he takes Auburn's ace recruiter?

There's no way to spin losing Craig to one of our main rivals as something remotely positive.

Now tell me again what exactly did we lose when our 'Ace' recruiter left for LSU?

meta, LOLOLOL at the thought of Dameyune bending over backward for Auburn. (Did I do that right? If I could cut one piece of stupidity out of Internet dialogue, it would be LOL. Basically, every time I read it, I think of a 15 year-old child, and that affects my interpretation of everything that follows it.)

There is nothing in Craig's professional past that even hints at his willingness to forgo a better situation for the benefit of Auburn. Given everything he's ever done in his coaching career, I'm going to assume he followed the same pattern and turned down a job that he didn't want. Then, he took the job that he did want. LSU kept Tony Ball around until after signing day and replaced him in about 11 hours with Craig. Personal opinion, it would be silly to believe those moves were not done in concert. Dameyune knew he was taking that job before Ball ever "left." Craig made a business decision about where he'd like to be, and he chose LSU over Auburn and UGA. Nothing more.

So you don't know why either?

So why don't you offer up some compelling reasons as to how losing Craig is such a big deal?

Lol what do you feel you're offering? You can run and find somebody else for that argument but the thought of you asking why losing a top 5 recruiter is a big deal is funny... It actually pretty much shows there's no point of talking to you about this particular subject actually. But my question was totally different from the one you're asking

Maybe he means, what impact is it going to have on the 2016 football team because, to this point, I haven't seen anyone articulate that argument.

Of course you haven't you're on the other side of that argument, nobody is as smart you....But at the same time feel you're doing a good job articulating that Craig doesn't have any love for Auburn so....

What impact do you feel Horton would have if he left Auburn?

Wish I could get a perspective from a person who hasn't taken up for Gus in every move he's ever made.....But everybody have their opinions, I respect that. I just can't understand how a conclusion cam be made losing DC wasn't a big deal but lashlee is such an important and vital piece to our team

points you tied together are not mutually exclusive. Losing DC is a big deal, in recruiting. He will have to prove elsewhere he can run an offense. That doesn't appear to be in LSU' plan either. Lashlee is no more important to our team than Kirby was at bama. In a year or two he will move on and we won't miss a beat. I doubt Gus chose Rhett over DC. I don't blame DC for moving on. He is still my favorite player all time. I don't blame Gus for him leaving either.

Well, Horton is a proven commodity as a position coach so I'd expect that to have a greater impact on the team's performance this season but far less of an impact on the 2017 recruiting class. Dameyune was a proven commodity as a recruiter and, at best, an incomplete as a position coach. At worst, he was proven a mediocre position coach, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt there and say he just didn't work well in this offense.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time a good coach looked bad due to an ill-fit in a scheme/staff. Take Hugh Nall for example. He was a good coach, but his OL looked awful trying to run Franklin's system. Good coach, bad fit. That might've been the case for Dameyune in this offense. If so, you'd expect Kodi to be better if only because this is the offense he knows best, and he knows what Gus wants from his WRs.

But I'm serious. I've seen lots and lots of people talk about how terrible it was to lose Craig. I've seen lots of folks laud him for his recruiting prowess, which is undeniable. I just haven't seen anyone provide a coherent argument that we'll miss him as a COACH this season (or the next). If anything, it would seem this is now a staff completely stocked with offensive coaches that are steeped in this offensive system. At least on the surface, Lashlee, Hand, Horton, and Burns appear to be more cohesive philosophically than Lashlee, Grimes, Horton, and Craig. I view that as a positive, but it's certainly a gamble on Kodi. He's very young. I just don't think it's very likely that the WRs will appear less fundamentally sound or less consistent than they were under Craig because his units were never really very good at the fundamentals or consistency.

Anyone want to point to something that says I'm reading this incorrectly? That Dameyune was a great position coach that we'll deeply miss in spring practice?

Explain a bit more please. I'm saying I can't see how a conclusion can be made losing DC isn't a big deal, but at the same time saying lashlee is very important to this offense....as far as me not understanding that logic in those two conclusions they are mutually exclusive

Of course you haven't you're on the other side of that argument, nobody is as smart you....But at the same time feel you're doing a good job articulating that Craig doesn't have any love for Auburn so....

No one would no until a year or two later.....unless you are am oracle or something.

No one would no until a year or two later.....unless you are am oracle or something.

Well why didn't you quote the guy who asked me the same question first and tell him he couldn't possibly no.....

Well, Horton is a proven commodity as a position coach so I'd expect that to have a greater impact on the team's performance this season but far less of an impact on the 2017 recruiting class. Dameyune was a proven commodity as a recruiter and, at best, an incomplete as a position coach. At worst, he was proven a mediocre position coach, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt there and say he just didn't work well in this offense.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time a good coach looked bad due to an ill-fit in a scheme/staff. Take Hugh Nall for example. He was a good coach, but his OL looked awful trying to run Franklin's system. Good coach, bad fit. That might've been the case for Dameyune in this offense. If so, you'd expect Kodi to be better if only because this is the offense he knows best, and he knows what Gus wants from his WRs.

But I'm serious. I've seen lots and lots of people talk about how terrible it was to lose Craig. I've seen lots of folks laud him for his recruiting prowess, which is undeniable. I just haven't seen anyone provide a coherent argument that we'll miss him as a COACH this season (or the next). If anything, it would seem this is now a staff completely stocked with offensive coaches that are steeped in this offensive system. At least on the surface, Lashlee, Hand, Horton, and Burns appear to be more cohesive philosophically than Lashlee, Grimes, Horton, and Craig. I view that as a positive, but it's certainly a gamble on Kodi. He's very young. I just don't think it's very likely that the WRs will appear less fundamentally sound or less consistent than they were under Craig because his units were never really very good at the fundamentals or consistency.

Anyone want to point to something that says I'm reading this incorrectly? That Dameyune was a great position coach that we'll deeply miss in spring practice?

Good post...

Good post...

Oh so he's an Oracle? Lol Horton with Tre mason? Awesome coach.....Horton with barber? Not quite as awesome. Horton with Robinson? A little better. Give Horton a guy with speed an vision a pretty good coach. Horton left this team? We'd still have 1000 yard backs....But you're right Horton is a great coach

Explain a bit more please. I'm saying I can't see how a conclusion can be made losing DC isn't a big deal, but at the same time saying lashlee is very important to this offense....as far as me not understanding that logic in those two conclusions they are mutually exclusive

I guess Gus does not feel Lashlee is dead weight. Some posters feel like he is. Gus kept Lashlee and DC chose to leave.

So why don't you offer up some compelling reasons as to how losing Craig is such a big deal?

Lol what do you feel you're offering? You can run and find somebody else for that argument but the thought of you asking why losing a top 5 recruiter is a big deal is funny... It actually pretty much shows there's no point of talking to you about this particular subject actually. But my question was totally different from the one you're asking

I offered up Auburn will have good recruiting classes without Craig. and inferred the jury is still out on his coaching ability.

So I am asking you again. Why don't you offer up something to support your statement losing Craig is a big deal? Instead of deflecting.

We lost one of the top recruiters in the nation. He and Garner were voted on as being 2 of the best recruiters for signing day, 2016.

And just saying, but a LOT of people on this board want/wanted to run Garner off. It sucks that it didn't work out with DM, but that ship is in another port and it's time for us to move on. We may never know if this was the right decision by either Gus or Dameyune, but it's time to hope for the best if you are a TRUE Auburn fan. The milk has been spilt and has ran into the crack.

I offered up Auburn will have good recruiting classes without Craig. and inferred the jury is still out on his coaching ability.

So I am asking you again. Why don't you offer up something to support your statement losing Craig is a big deal? Instead of deflecting.

No my question was specific and involved lashlee. I'm no rookie, you can't dictate my conversation. Like I said you answer me I'll answer you.

No my question was specific and involved lashlee. I'm no rookie, you can't dictate my conversation. Like I said you answer me I'll answer you.

How many times must I say it cole? I answered you twice already. Losing Craig is not a big deal since Auburn's recruiting was good before he arrived and will still be good although he is gone. As far as a field coach, there were a lot of dropped passed last year.

"I'm saying I can't see how a conclusion can be made losing DC isn't a big deal"

So I have given you how I came to my conclusion losing him is no big deal.

Are you going to enlighten us with how losing Craig is such a big deal.

Auburn always has a good recruiting class, great who knows. When a coach is not allowed to coach, you cannot judge his coaching ability. He was forced to do things the CGM and CRL way, you saw the results. He wanted to do it different and it is obvious what he was told

Losing Craig is not a big deal since Auburn's recruiting was good before he arrived and will still be good although he is gone.

No big deal; we just lost our best Mobile recruiter and our best Florida recruiter. LOL.

Our WR recruiting was dynamite before Craig, right?

Losing Craig is not a big deal since Auburn's recruiting was good before he arrived and will still be good although he is gone.

No big deal; we just lost our best Mobile recruiter and our best Florida recruiter. LOL.

Our WR recruiting was dynamite before Craig, right?

I am with you 100% on that. That is big and KB cannot replace it.

How many times must I say it cole? I answered you twice already. Losing Craig is not a big deal since Auburn's recruiting was good before he arrived and will still be good although he is gone. As far as a field coach, there were a lot of dropped passed last year.

"I'm saying I can't see how a conclusion can be made losing DC isn't a big deal"

So I have given you how I came to my conclusion losing him is no big deal.

Are you going to enlighten us with how losing Craig is such a big deal.

Smh. Don't cut my damn sentence out....I said I don't see how a conclusion cam be made that losing DC isn't a big deal BUT LASHLEE IS SO IMPORTANT TO OUR SUCCESS AS A TEAM.

Archived