Craig a candidate for lsu WR coach (update: Done Deal)

WarDamnEagleWDE

People can spin it all they want. We have lost several coaches this off-season. The fact that CDC went to a rival of ours after pulling in, probably the best WR class in AU history is very concerning. Add to the fact that we just added Kodi Burns as CO-OC is also laughable. I like Kodi. He is a great kid. Did wonderful things as a player at AU, but he has had 1 year of previous experience at MTSU as a WR coach. Please spare me that he coached two 1,000 yard receivers. This is a whole new ball game. The good thing is Kodi has a chance to work with a very stellar WR class. Still, him being WR coach is not even what drives me crazy. It is the fact that he was named CO-OC. What?! We have two OC right now. Gus and Rhett. What possibly could Kodi have to offer? Why the heck is Coach Hand not the CO-OC. The way this should've been handled IMO is Gus and Coach Hand take over the offense, CDC becomes QB coach and Burns the WR coach. Bye Lashlee. Oh well.

WDE.

Now there's an idea! I like it.

OK, so we know a few things, just from reading tea leaves.

1. There must be an explanation for Kodi getting the Co-OC designation. It could be financial, or it could be something else. I have seen some folks suggest that Kodi was involved in game planning when he was a GA here. I don't know whether that's true. Maybe an insider could confirm or deny.

2. There also must be a reason that CGM was ok with letting Craig go. We can sit here and speculate about who didn't get along with whom, whether Gus chose CRL over CDC, who deserves more of the blame for Craig leaving, and so on; but in the end, both CGM and Craig thought it would be better for him to move on.

3. I think it's entirely plausible that cole and FE are really CDC and CRL, respectively. :poke:/> Just kidding, y'all. Glad you've resolved not to engage each other in the future!

Did this a while ago. This is like the third time doing this so I doubt it. You DEFINITELY won't ever see me initially quoting him though....

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that's cool more power to you. I myself personally when I see somebody making dumb decisions I'm going to say something about it. I'm not just going to agree with every thing every person that gets hired by Auburn says and just shut up about it. That's just me, I'm not saying my way is any better than yours

OK.....that's worth noting. But keep in mind that most of us are adults with "life experience" and we often look at these situations along the line of what we would do (personally) if it were us making the decisions.....and at times we are pretty certain that we would not have made the same decision that we see Gus or JJ making. They have different experiences and more importantly they usually have different facts and/or more information when they make a decision......so there is no way to know what you might do if you knew what Gus or JJ or whoever knows at the time they make their decision. After fact, most of us are a lot smarter.

Thus IMO....it's perfectly OK to question the decision and indicate that you would have done something different.... but to outright call anyone stupid or worse (which is so often done on this board) ....and doing so without having all of the facts is downright arrogant....and yes, might be called dumb. ...JMO.

People can spin it all they want. We have lost several coaches this off-season. The fact that CDC went to a rival of ours after pulling in, probably the best WR class in AU history is very concerning. Add to the fact that we just added Kodi Burns as CO-OC is also laughable. I like Kodi. He is a great kid. Did wonderful things as a player at AU, but he has had 1 year of previous experience at MTSU as a WR coach. Please spare me that he coached two 1,000 yard receivers. This is a whole new ball game. The good thing is Kodi has a chance to work with a very stellar WR class. Still, him being WR coach is not even what drives me crazy. It is the fact that he was named CO-OC. What?! We have two OC right now. Gus and Rhett. What possibly could Kodi have to offer? Why the heck is Coach Hand not the CO-OC. The way this should've been handled IMO is Gus and Coach Hand take over the offense, CDC becomes QB coach and Burns the WR coach. Bye Lashlee. Oh well.

WDE.

Now there's an idea! I like it.

OK, so we know a few things, just from reading tea leaves.

1. There must be an explanation for Kodi getting the Co-OC designation. It could be financial, or it could be something else. I have seen some folks suggest that Kodi was involved in game planning when he was a GA here. I don't know whether that's true. Maybe an insider could confirm or deny.

2. There also must be a reason that CGM was ok with letting Craig go. We can sit here and speculate about who didn't get along with whom, whether Gus chose CRL over CDC, who deserves more of the blame for Craig leaving, and so on; but in the end, both CGM and Craig thought it would be better for him to move on.

3. I think it's entirely plausible that cole and FE are really CDC and CRL, respectively. :poke: Just kidding, y'all. Glad you've resolved not to engage each other in the future!

4. Several Coaches have now left voluntarily under Gus, the latest one, a person who loves Auburn greatly and to be the Head Coach here one day is his coaching goal, this should be a concern.

Dameyune just made a very self-centered professional decision. I haven't seen any indication that he was willing to sacrifice for Auburn. Love doesn't means whole lot if the thing you love always takes a back seat to something else. Could be appropriate. His family should come before Auburn. Maybe his career goals should too. Maybe his happiness at work should. But folks are making Daneyune out to be this Saint dedicated to the school, for what?

He was openly negatively recruiting against Auburn when he was at FSU, and he only came back here for a job title promotion (Co-OC) and a sizable raise. He's been about himself throughout his professional career. Maybe that's the way it should be (because who else is looking out for you), but he's never sacrificed for Auburn as a coach.

Dameyune just made a very self-centered professional decision. I haven't seen any indication that he was willing to sacrifice for Auburn. Love doesn't means whole lot if the thing you love always takes a back seat to something else. Could be appropriate. His family should come before Auburn. Maybe his career goals should too. Maybe his happiness at work should. But folks are making Daneyune out to be this Saint dedicated to the school, for what?

He was openly negatively recruiting against Auburn when he was at FSU, and he only came back here for a job title promotion (Co-OC) and a sizable raise. He's been about himself throughout his professional career. Maybe that's the way it should be (because who else is looking out for you), but he's never sacrificed for Auburn as a coach.

I don't blame him. You can't expect his allegiance to Auburn to trump him being miserable under Gus. At the end of the day, he has to do what's best for him and where he fits best. You can't expect someone to be miserable in their career because of the simple fact that they played for our school. I promise you, Auburn wouldn't be loyal to him either if for some reason he lost the ability to recruit.

I don't blame him. You can't expect his allegiance to Auburn to trump him being miserable under Gus. At the end of the day, he has to do what's best for him and where he fits best. You can't expect someone to be miserable in their career because of the simple fact that they played for our school. I promise you, Auburn wouldn't be loyal to him either if for some reason he lost the ability to recruit.

Common Sense overload and fair at the same time! Good work.

I have not been told whether he was in the running for any OC jobs (I will ask), but why leave if you are next in line at your alma mater? With Rhett's poor performance, he should have been let go. Normally, in a down year like AU had, the head coach makes changes. That was not the case this year. All coaches that left did so on their own accord. Gus did not fire anyone this season.

But had no problems understanding he had to let Ellis and the rest of those guys go. I don't like the favoritism and especially for a coach that has not provided any benefits to us.

Lashlee was an integral part of a national championship and a national runnerup. Most would consider that as having "provided benefits".

I have not been told whether he was in the running for any OC jobs (I will ask), but why leave if you are next in line at your alma mater? With Rhett's poor performance, he should have been let go. Normally, in a down year like AU had, the head coach makes changes. That was not the case this year. All coaches that left did so on their own accord. Gus did not fire anyone this season.

But had no problems understanding he had to let Ellis and the rest of those guys go. I don't like the favoritism and especially for a coach that has not provided any benefits to us.

Lashlee was an integral part of a national championship and a national runnerup. Most would consider that as having "provided benefits".

was he not a GA then, not sure how integral he was. The national runner up one sure, but Nick Marshall's playmaking ability road us to that, as teams got more game film on what we were doing the road got a lot tougher the next year, maybe he was part of that too in not adjusting things or was that Gus.

BS... he hasn't been an integral part of anything!!!

And, to be honest, Lashlee hasn't earned anything, professionally...

He has ridden Gus' coattails for everything he's gotten.

The only time he's been away from Gus is when Chizik sent him packing after his GA year... Then, it was arranged for Coach Sullivan to hire him at Samford. Again, it was arranged... he didn't earn anything! It lasted just one season, and the Samford staff wasn't sad to see him go, to say the least.

Rhett has NO business being an SEC offensive coordinator!

I don't know anything about CDCs ability to coach WRs. I just know that ours have been below average lately. I think CDC just needed to be a little more patient. After all, he was making $500,000 a year to coach the receivers. The journey to be a Head coach is usually more of a marathon than a sprint so why not make the good salary, recruit well and not worry about getting more immersed in game planning/play calling. Making a lateral move to a rival when you are much loved in your present position (at your alma mater) makes little sense to me. Maybe CDC has spent too much time around Muschamp and some of hothead's tendencies wore off on him.

Man this Lashlee hate is scary...I would be worried if he ran into one of you guys at the local supermarket....

It's ok... Rhett would have his protection.

He'd be walking right behind Malzahn... just like always.

Man this Lashlee hate is scary...I would be worried if he ran into one of you guys at the local supermarket....

Thats what I'm saying. If Lashlee called the plays and actually did something, he'd probably have an answering machine just for the death threats callers.

Thats what I'm saying. If Lashlee called the plays and actually did something, he'd probably have an answering machine just for the death threats callers.

I beginning to think he ran over Altima's puppy and did not stop to check on her....some folks just won't let up.

WDE.

Agree but unfortunately we have a HC that puts personal relationships above what is best for our team.

If you really want to believe that go ahead. Nick Marshall and Tre Mason were the integral part. He just didn't screw it up.

BS... he hasn't been an integral part of anything!!!

And, to be honest, Lashlee hasn't earned anything, professionally...

He has ridden Gus' coattails for everything he's gotten.

The only time he's been away from Gus is when Chizik sent him packing after his GA year... Then, it was arranged for Coach Sullivan to hire him at Samford. Again, it was arranged... he didn't earn anything! It lasted just one season, and the Samford staff wasn't sad to see him go, to say the least.

Rhett has NO business being an SEC offensive coordinator!

^^^This. Amazing the amount of credit Rhett gets. I don't deny he could possibly be a good OC b/c he has yet to establish his own identity as an OC b/c he's just a clone of Gus. Yes he has input but he was brought in to think like Gus would and what we've seen during his time..he's doing exactly that.

I beginning to think he ran over Altima's puppy and did not stop to check on her....some folks just won't let up.

No... I just know coaches! I've been lucky enough to have played for some great one's.

And, I recognize a free ride when I see one...

No... I just know coaches! I've been lucky enough to have played for some great one's.

Still, I went over this yesterday, I don't understand why you're so pissed at Lashlee for free riding when it is Gus that allows him to free ride. I've heard that Gus is going to go back to being even more of an offensive dictator, so guess who will be free riding again next year?

Still, I went over this yesterday, I don't understand why you're so pissed at Lashlee for free riding when it is Gus that allows him to free ride. I've heard that Gus is going to go back to being even more of an offensive dictator, so guess who will be free riding again next year?

No no... You're right. It's Gus that's screwing the pooch. And it's Gus I'm pissed at.

He's been given every opportunity to build something great during his tenure at AU... and he has systematically pissed it away each time... whether it be with staff, or players, or support, or with the media... it's frustrating!

So if Gus is going to take the O back next year, isn't that all the more reason to get rid of his son Rhett and promote one of the best recruiters in college football. (DC) .....right? Or at least let him coach QB's and have more say as a coordinator?

Rhett who interviewed for how many jobs? How many more did he want to interview for and none of them wanted him.

This whole situation and how it came down, just doesn't make sense to some of us.

For whom have you played for?

For whom have you played for?

I'm about to be 34 years old.

So if Gus is going to take the O back next year, isn't that all the more reason to get rid of his son Rhett and promote one of the best recruiters in college football. (DC) .....right? Or at least let him coach QB's and have more say as a coordinator?

Rhett who interviewed for how many jobs? How many more did he want to interview for and none of them wanted him.

This whole situation and how it came down, just doesn't make sense to some of us.

Gotta kinda agree here...Gus has not made the best of what AU has given him....an amateur HC and I keep waiting/hoping that he will get better...not just at game-day but at handling the big picture.

Archived