2016 Depth Chart, Roster, Scholarship Breakdown & Coaching Staff (Updated: 3/11/16 - assistants recruiting territory assignments added)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See why Carl Lawson will have a breakout season.

http://thearmchairal...reakout-season/

7-10 sacks is reaching. He isn't an elite pass rusher like Dee Ford was. I see him with around 5.

When he's healthy yes he is. Did you see the havok he had on the Louisville O in the first half last year? That's the only time he was healthy last year. He was not healthy when he came back later in the season. Also guys like Shon Coleman & Leremi Tunsill whole heartedly disagree w/ you. They would know better than any of us.

7-10 sacks is reaching. He isn't an elite pass rusher like Dee Ford was. I see him with around 5.

When he's healthy yes he is. Did you see the havok he had on the Louisville O in the first half last year? That's the only time he was healthy last year. He was not healthy when he came back later in the season. Also guys like Shon Coleman & Leremi Tunsill whole heartedly disagree w/ you. They would know better than any of us.

E, random question. When do you sleep?

I don't think we've ever seen what Carl is completely capable of. It's just gut instinct based on what little we've seen and his attitude, but I have a feeling that Carl is actually better then Dee and has his mind set on proving it this season.

E, random question. When do you sleep?

I am normally asleep then. Was just a weird night when I couldn't.

Of course I saw it. I also saw Adams, Russell and Lawrence wreaking havoc on Louisville in the 1st Half too, even after Lawson went out. They all disappeared in the 2nd Half. Could have been conditioning. Could have been the change at QB with Jackson just prior to Halftime and chasing him around. Could have been Louisville changing their O-Line strategy. But they all wreaked havoc in the 1st Half (4 sacks) and all disappeared in the 2nd Half (0 sacks).

Lawson's a great player, no doubt. Hope he becomes an elite pass rusher, but until we see him wreaking havoc every game and not just a flash sporadically like he was in 2013, I'll stand by my ~ 5 sacks for him this season.

I don't think we've ever seen what Carl is completely capable of. It's just gut instinct based on what little we've seen and his attitude, but I have a feeling that Carl is actually better then Dee and has his mind set on proving it this season.

10.5 sacks is some tall cotton.

10.5 sacks is some tall cotton.

It is... of course, if we play one team where we get their number (i.e. the "I sacked Brodie" game), he could grow that number pretty fast. Still, I think Carl is good for one sack per game if he can play at 100% all season.

Of course I saw it. I also saw Adams, Russell and Lawrence wreaking havoc on Louisville in the 1st Half too, even after Lawson went out. They all disappeared in the 2nd Half. Could have been conditioning. Could have been the change at QB with Jackson just prior to Halftime and chasing him around. Could have been Louisville changing their O-Line strategy. But they all wreaked havoc in the 1st Half (4 sacks) and all disappeared in the 2nd Half (0 sacks).

Lawson's a great player, no doubt. Hope he becomes an elite pass rusher, but until we see him wreaking havoc every game and not just a flash sporadically like he was in 2013, I'll stand by my ~ 5 sacks for him this season.

Lawson did not play the 2nd half of the Loluisville game & did not get hurt til late in the 1st half. The reason the others wreaked havok in the 1st half was all the attention Carl was getting & still whoopin tail. The only way Carl gets 5 sacks or less is if he has injury issues again.

Lawson did not play the 2nd half of the Loluisville game & did not get hurt til late in the 1st half. The reason the others wreaked havok in the 1st half was all the attention Carl was getting & still whoopin tail. The only way Carl gets 5 sacks or less is if he has injury issues again.

Yes I know Lawson did not play the 2nd Half. However, Adams got a sack on Louisville's final drive of the 1st Half with 34 seconds left. Lawson's injury occurred with 11:48 left.

I still predict ~ 5 sacks regardless of another injury or not.

Carl is a good pass rusher but he whiffs too much for me and is not a great tackler. However he is the best we have IMO. I think his technique issues stem from being off the field so much in the last two years. Love his aggressiveness and fiery style of play. He makes the defense better even with average stats

Carl is a good pass rusher but he whiffs too much for me and is not a great tackler. However he is the best we have IMO. I think his technique issues stem from being off the field so much in the last two years. Love his aggressiveness and fiery style of play. He makes the defense better even with average stats

I think you say that based on what he did when he came back from injury last season. You are forgetting that he wasn't in good shape after his return and his conditioning was way off, which resulted in what you are referring to.

I think you say that based on what he did when he came back from injury last season. You are forgetting that he wasn't in good shape after his return and his conditioning was way off, which resulted in what you are referring to.

And he was still injured.

• 4 weeks later...

Two notes: After my observation on Gus' last two pictures on twitter, Holland was with the DL group and Atkinson was with the LB group. Revised.

Give me a month on assistants' salary and see if anything same or different.

Holland was always a LB. Do we feel THAT good about out LB that we can slide a High School All American LB from our weakest position (LB) to our strongest (DL?)

That notion is absolutely absurd.

Not saying you are, thank you immensely for all your hard work. I'm just saying I can't put my head around the coach's decision to do that

Two notes: After my observation on Gus' last two pictures on twitter, Holland was with the DL group and Atkinson was with the LB group. Revised.

Give me a month on assistants' salary and see if anything same or different.

Holland was always a LB. Do we feel THAT good about out LB that we can slide a High School All American LB from our weakest position (LB) to our strongest (DL?)

Holland was recruited by Auburn and every other school for the "buck" position, which is a hybrid LB/DE. That's what he's playing now. Nothing has changed, he hasn't been "moved".

• 2 months later...
On 5/2/2016 at 1:13 PM, auburn2oregon said:

Where in this high school footage of Holland did he play LB?

When did he play LB at AU last season?

He hasn't.

14 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Where in this high school footage of Holland did he play LB?

Lol. The whole footage. He was an OLB for Trinity. Now some can make a good argument that JH could have easily be rated as a Rush/Weakside DE & rightfully so but he wasn't.

As for LB at AU... From April

Tigers sophomore Jeff Holland, who spent last season as mostly a situational pass rusher at linebacker, has moved closer to the line of scrimmage and set himself apart thanks to his pass rush abilities.

Just now, ellitor said:

Lol. The whole footage. He was an OLB for Trinity. Now some can make a good argument that JH could have easily be rated as a Rush/Weakside DE & rightfully so but he wasn't.

As for LB at AU... From April

Nearly the entire high school footage, he rushed the passer from the DE position. ONE play in the first 5 mins of the footage, he run-blitzed a RB.

Pass rusher at the DE position for AU last season. ONE play v ARK on the 2-point conversion took him away from DE, as an unguarded ARK TE split out wide.

Articles and rosters can list him as LB for the next 3 years, but if you actually WATCH game footage, he lines up at DE to rush the passer.

Don't see walk on James Owens Moss? He is an AU legacy that has walked on.  Family of Ladarious Owens and grandson of James owens. He accounted for 1700yds and 26tds in HS.

5-9 180lb WR at AU. Freshmen.

43 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Don't see walk on James Owens Moss? He is an AU legacy that has walked on.  Family of Ladarious Owens and grandson of James owens. He accounted for 1700yds and 26tds in HS.

5-9 180lb WR at AU. Freshmen.

The OP has not been updated in 4 or 5 months & likely won't be again with WEAU retired from the site. Probably should be unpinned

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, dbagwell said:

I think this would be a good reference  point to quickly look at player info throughout the season.

Is it posible to get this pinned?

It was unpinned because the person who contributed this and a lot of great threads to the site, retired from AUFamily 6 months ago.

Archived