2016 Spring Practice - Day 6

RunInRed

http://www.auburntig.../032316aaa.html

Excerpt

Now, Auburn's newest coach is teaching a new era of Auburn wide receivers to follow his lead, to catch passes, sure, like he did in the national title game; but also to block down field, like he did on any given Saturday.

Tony Stevens says he sees an opportunity by following Burns' advice in spring practice.

"He's out there like he's one of us. He's really hands-on," Stevens said. "He shows it, and then we do it. He does receiver drills that I've never done before, ball drills on the floor and even before practice he's out there coming up to us one-on-one and doing drills with us. I think it's going to be a big help."

Burns is only 5½ years removed from his last college season. Stevens figures he better listen.

"He brings the energy," Stevens said. "He makes us be physical. I think that's what he's coaching that's his main focus right now."

Maybe somebody is actually coaching up our WR's again? Stephens sure is talking like it. Stephens also said that JF3 has the same arm strength as Nick Marshall. That's surprising.

Great info. I am still skeptical on Burns, but I hope I eat a plate of crow. I've never seen an arm like nick Marshalls. He had a rocket launcher attached to his shoulder

I felt the same way about Burns but only until spring practice started. It seems he is very involved in the WR drills and I like his effort.

I've never seen an arm like nick marshalls either. That guy threw a 70 yard pass like I throw a 10 yard pass. Man, I miss that guy.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just by that article alone it seems as of Kodi is doing more skills based coaching than the previous coach. He understands what Gus wants to do, and I admire how physical he wants the guys to play...with the talent he has at his disposal, this could be a surprise group come fall.

Just by that article alone it seems as of Kodi is doing more skills based coaching than the previous coach. He understands what Gus wants to do, and I admire how physical he wants the guys to play...with the talent he has at his disposal, this could be a surprise group come fall.

JMO..... but i'm fine with with young coaches like Kodi in the teaching roles.....like a young doctor or whatever....has been exposed to the latest techniques and often can connect with players who are only few year younger.

I like experience for the person plotting game strategy but young position coaches?......most have the enthusiasm and drive to succeed....and hoping Kodi is one of them.

JMO..... but i'm fine with with young coaches like Kodi in the teaching roles.....like a young doctor or whatever....has been exposed to the latest techniques and often can connect with players who are only few year younger.

I like experience for the person plotting game strategy but young position coaches?......most have the enthusiasm and drive to succeed....and hoping Kodi is one of them.

You know what will REALLY help a position coach? Players that can play the position. NCM can catch, catching translates on every level. Viola now we can make pretend a secret technique is why he can catch

Listen I'm not trying to argue with you, you can believe what you want and I know what it really is. Cool.

Listen I'm not trying to argue with you, you can believe what you want and I know what it really is. Cool.

Arrogant much? SMH.

You know what will REALLY help a position coach? Players that can play the position. NCM can catch, catching translates on every level. Viola now we can make pretend a secret technique is why he can catch

How can any of them possibly "catch" or "play the position" the way Gus and Rhett "structure" practice? Maybe you forgot.

WR's dropped quite a few balls Saturday. Is this now on KB?

JF3 has elite speed. None of the QB's separated themselves Saturday. JF3 can run like lighting but is very inconsistent throwing. JJ either can't grasp the idea of not staring down receivers or does not have the mental ability to play QB at an elite level. SW was throwing ball up for grabs. Very inconsistent.

The light may have come on from Roc. Looked very good. So did JR.

People are still moving around on the OL. Told the OL looked OK.

DL needs to play hard on every play. They pass the eye test.

LBers. Very inexperienced.

TE's the same as above.

DB's played good. Going to have a great set of corners.

Gus was in control.

FWIW.

JF3 has elite speed. None of the QB's separated themselves Saturday. JF3 can run like lighting but is very inconsistent throwing. JJ either can't grasp the idea of not staring down receivers or does not have the mental ability to play QB at an elite level. SW was throwing ball up for grabs. Very inconsistent.

TE's the same as above.

Gus was in control.

FWIW.

Thanks for the report.

TE's the same as above.

Gus was in control.

FWIW.

Thanks for the report.

Think I put this in the wrong thread. :homer:

TE's the same as above.

Gus was in control.

FWIW.

Thanks for the report.

Day 6 or day 8, no biggie. :wareagle:

How can any of them possibly "catch" or "play the position" the way Gus and Rhett "structure" practice? Maybe you forgot.

You're so stupid. While you were a cheerleader in high school you never noticed position practice....smh

You're so stupid. While you were a cheerleader in high school you never noticed position practice....smh

If the cheerleaders mess up, it is all Gus and Rhett's fault. BTW... the below from from Tony Stevens on Kodi Burns:

Stevens also has to adjust to a new coach this spring. Craig left for LSU after Signing Day and was replaced by Kodi Burns.

“He brings the energy,” Stevens said. “He makes us be physical. I think that’s what he’s coaching—that’s his main focus right now, us being physical right now. Right now I think I’m being pretty physical.

“He’s out there like he’s one of us. He’s really hands-on. He shows it and then we do it. He does receiver drills that I’ve never did before, ball drills on the floor and even before practice he’s out there coming up to us one-on-one and doing drills with us. I think it’s going to be a big help.”

Yeah going out and running those routes are going to help them catch better....and btw no need to lie about anything my stance is if you can't catch you just can't catch, no coach is going to help it OR hurt it. So that means I didn't blame anybody or put fault on anybody now go run along and make some more simple post about football then prance around as if you just straightened everybody out with your high football iq lol

TE's the same as above.

Gus was in control.

FWIW.

Thanks for the report.

DO you think Woody Barrett could end up being the guy?

TE's the same as above.

Gus was in control.

FWIW.

Thanks for the report.

Not WDE, but based on reports of where Woody is, it's very unlikely that he will improve significantly enough between now and Fall to come in and take the job from the 4 guys we already have. It's going to be hard enough for Franklin to get ahead of the learning curve and he has Spring and Summer.

TE's the same as above.

Gus was in control.

FWIW.

Thanks for the report.

Not WDE, but based on reports of where Woody is, it's very unlikely that he will improve significantly enough between now and Fall to come in and take the job from the 4 guys we already have. It's going to be hard enough for Franklin to get ahead of the learning curve and he has Spring and Summer.

What about Tyler Queen when healthy?

TE's the same as above.

Gus was in control.

FWIW.

Thanks for the report.

What about Tyler Queen when healthy?

That's the million dollar question. I don't know if even the coaches know what he's going to be able to do when finally cleared. I'm still of the opinion that our starting QB is going to be the one who puts in the most work over the Summer, especially once the whole freshman receiver corps arrives.

^Even if not this year, will Barrett eventually be an SEC caliber QB? If not (and only if not), why is our QB recruiting so bad?

^Even if not this year, will Barrett eventually be an SEC caliber QB? If not (and only if not), why is our QB recruiting so bad?

Trying to figure out when our QB recruiting got bad?

^I was talking about if Barrett is never able to be an SEC-caliber QB. Which I don't necessarily expect.

The question still remains, what makes you think our QB recruiting is bad? Sean White was highly thought of by basically everyone in 20, Tqueen is a hell of player and had an awesome arm just had TJ surgery so we haven't heard much of anything from him. Prior to that? Jeremy in 2013 was damn good as well. Gus basically found Nick Marshall as well. I just don't buy that our QB RECRUITING is bad. Maybe when they get here stuff changes but recruiting wise we've been pretty solid.

Archived