2016 Spring Practice - Day 6

RunInRed

WR's dropped quite a few balls Saturday. Is this now on KB?

JF3 has elite speed. None of the QB's separated themselves Saturday. JF3 can run like lighting but is very inconsistent throwing. JJ either can't grasp the idea of not staring down receivers or does not have the mental ability to play QB at an elite level. SW was throwing ball up for grabs. Very inconsistent.

The light may have come on from Roc. Looked very good. So did JR.

People are still moving around on the OL. Told the OL looked OK.

DL needs to play hard on every play. They pass the eye test.

LBers. Very inexperienced.

TE's the same as above.

DB's played good. Going to have a great set of corners.

Gus was in control.

FWIW.

Thanks for the report.

Think I put this in the wrong thread. :homer:

DO you think Woody Barrett could end up being the guy?

No way not this year.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I was talking about if Barrett is never able to be an SEC-caliber QB. Which I don't necessarily expect.

The question still remains, what makes you think our QB recruiting is bad? Sean White was highly thought of by basically everyone in 20, Tqueen is a hell of player and had an awesome arm just had TJ surgery so we haven't heard much of anything from him. Prior to that? Jeremy in 2013 was damn good as well. Gus basically found Nick Marshall as well. I just don't buy that our QB RECRUITING is bad. Maybe when they get here stuff changes but recruiting wise we've been pretty solid.

I disagree. I think Sean didn't get much interest until very late. TQ seems like he was exact opposite, we liked him early, he committed then interest waned. I have said this before on this forum in other threads. I think our qb recruiting took a hit because it was so heavily assumed that JJ was THE NFL CAN'T MISS starter to pick up after Marshall left (if not sooner) and Gus fed this potential monster to the point it scared off the cream of the DT qbs that should have been knocking down our door to be the next Cam/Nick. I think lessons have been learned.

Yeah going out and running those routes are going to help them catch better....and btw no need to lie about anything my stance is if you can't catch you just can't catch, no coach is going to help it OR hurt it. So that means I didn't blame anybody or put fault on anybody now go run along and make some more simple post about football then prance around as if you just straightened everybody out with your high football iq lol

Soooo intelligent Cole; simply brilliant! No wonder you are so respected by so many on here.

Yeah going out and running those routes are going to help them catch better....and btw no need to lie about anything my stance is if you can't catch you just can't catch, no coach is going to help it OR hurt it. So that means I didn't blame anybody or put fault on anybody now go run along and make some more simple post about football then prance around as if you just straightened everybody out with your high football iq lol

Soooo intelligent Cole; simply brilliant! No wonder you are so respected by so many on here.

Actually as far as football stuff I am.....and very nice rebuttal, I guess you couldn't think of anything to fabricate so you just went to that lol. You just keep on looking stupid by getting mad because of things like you not believing things like head coaches decide how long the team has position time with the position coaches....oh wait you said that doesn't even happen in practice.....You genius you

I will take the bait....in high school and college I ran track. Played a little b-ball in HS as well. Thing is I was naturally fast, ran the 100, 200 and 400 at given times over my HS and collegiate career. Maybe it was gift.. kinda like catching and as Coach Cole says either you can or you can't. Likewise people say you can't teach speed, and factually you can't. You either fast or you are not. But you can train to become faster. In Cole's case you can't teach someone to catch, and maybe you can't. But you would have to be very naive to think respected WR coaches don't have skill based drills or techniques that are beneficial and can help improve catching. What the hell is the jug machine for? Why are WR's asked to extend and look the ball in? Why is Kodi teaching ball drills on the floor? Maybe some practice insiders can give us some input... is it to improve catching? I don't know. But if all a WR coach is to do is teach route running, blocking, etc. then sign me up. I don't think a WR coach would last long anywhere if his guys keep dropping balls. Any skill can be sharpened and improved on in my opinion, and that includes catching. Coaches over my track career taught me technique, breathing, stride technique, strength exercises, balancing and many other things that helped me improve my speed, specifically as it related to time. So yeah I was born fast, but many coaches helped me to become faster over the years. His stance is no coach can help it or hurt it..his rightful opinion..one I respect but disagree with. Nothing to beef about or question someone on their football IQ for. You say you respected by many here for your football knowledge." If you are, that is awesome. Good for you. But respect is a two way street, but many don't like to travel it but one way. Much love to all you guys/gals that past here.

Crazy time of year.

Archived