2016 Spring Practice - Day 8

RunInRed

Spring practice is where you should struggle. It's where you weed out. Don't look at it as necessarily a bad thing. Think of it as opportunity to improve and separate.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spring practice is where you should struggle. It's where you weed out. Don't look at it as necessarily a bad thing. Think of it as opportunity to improve and separate.

Agreed with younger players but not seniors and experience juniors

How did it get this bad?! And how long will it take for it to get better?

Good freaking question. It damn sure wasn't "reported" to be this bad in spring last year. Now we have guys (Qbs) with an extra year of training, developing and experience under their belts and to hear the practice reports, you'd think JJ & SW have regressed drastically to the point that a newbie (JF3) 2nd string JUCO Qb could take the starting position from them. I'm happy to hear that JF3 has speed, but there's no way he knows the playbook, feels comfortable with his fellow players, or even has a clue what it takes to manage an offense in live action against the SEC's elite defensive packages.

Good freaking question. It damn sure wasn't "reported" to be this bad in spring last year. Now we have guys (Qbs) with an extra year of training, developing and experience under their belts and to hear the practice reports, you'd think JJ & SW have regressed drastically to the point that a newbie (JF3) 2nd string JUCO Qb could take the starting position from them. I'm happy to hear that JF3 has speed, but there's no way he knows the playbook, feels comfortable with his fellow players, or even has a clue what it takes to manage an offense in live action against the SEC's elite defensive packages.

#startjasonsmith #fireLashlee

My question would be. Did JJ really do well last spring or did we all just expect and hope him to do well and accept coach speak. He couldn't have regressed that much.

My question would be. Did JJ really do well last spring or did we all just expect and hope him to do well and accept coach speak. He couldn't have regressed that much.

I think to know the answer to that question we'd have to ask the posters on here that attended practices and scrimmages last spring AND this spring. We all hear coach speak and Gus has said that both JJ & SW are much improved since the end of the season. Yet we get information from posters on this very board that say neither has done anything special, and are still making mistakes, afraid of contact, aren't accurate, etc.

We heard glowing reports last spring and I for one believed them. Now we are hearing that a 2nd string JUCO Qb weighing in at 180 pounds with lightening speed who has zero SEC game experience and is green to the playbook could take the starting job from our the QBs that were doing so well last spring?

There's no way JJ regressed that much with another year under his belt and live game action ~ there's no way SW regressed to the point that he can't manage a freaking scrimmage.

You fellas need to start believing in the Easter bunny. You are on some gooooooood stuff with the assumptions after scrimmage ONE.. LMAO Peter Cottontail is ALIVE!!

Aaaand here comes cole with an assist. This board never changes. RIR thank you for the threads of course.

Lol you're still butt hurt from what? What did we disagree like three months ago and your feelings are hurt lol. Am I supposed to remember you or something? Say my name why?

I and others on the board know why it's easy to throw rocks back at you lol You sling the rocks my friend. I know its fun to throw, run, then play the victim from time to time. And I'll say a picture is worth 1000 words for that matter. Very nice

#startjasonsmith #fireLashlee

Agreed with that. It's looking like Gus and Lashlee are going to be unemployed in 8.5 months. Next time we have a good season, how do we keep this type of meltdown from happening again? What is it with leap years?

Considering that all of the independent analysts who witnessed practices also gave stellar reviews and were talking Heisman (of course, that was in Fall camp, not Spring), I have to believe, in Jeremy's case, that if he's not showing well, this year, then he's still in his head from last season.

Of course, it could have also been a reflection of where our D was at the time. Remember, our D made mediocre QBs look like world beaters for the first half of the season.

If JJ (and the other QBs) were always hands off/not live during every practice and scrimmage last spring and last fall and did not have to worry about being hit then I can see why they looked better last spring than this one.

wde

Considering that all of the independent analysts who witnessed practices also gave stellar reviews and were talking Heisman (of course, that was in Fall camp, not Spring), I have to believe, in Jeremy's case, that if he's not showing well, this year, then he's still in his head from last season.

Of course, it could have also been a reflection of where our D was at the time. Remember, our D made mediocre QBs look like world beaters since Tubs walked out the door.

FIFY

You fellas need to start believing in the Easter bunny. You are on some gooooooood stuff with the assumptions after scrimmage ONE.. LMAO Peter Cottontail is ALIVE!!

Aaaand here comes cole with an assist. This board never changes. RIR thank you for the threads of course.

Lol you're still butt hurt from what? What did we disagree like three months ago and your feelings are hurt lol. Am I supposed to remember you or something? Say my name why?

I and others on the board know why it's easy to throw rocks back at you lol You sling the rocks my friend. I know its fun to throw, run, then play the victim from time to time. And I'll say a picture is worth 1000 words for that matter. Very nice

Dude gthoh nobody understood your last post just like this one doesn't make sense. How about you post something football related and stop trying to start a back and forth because your feelings is hurt because I didn't agree with you....more than likely it was something to do with SW....that fan club tends to be the most sensitive and hurt. I don't even remember you, you really going to come starting crap from something 7 months ago? Go sit down and shut up

Dude gthoh nobody understood your last post just like this one doesn't make sense. How about you post something football related and stop trying to start a back and forth because your feelings is hurt because I didn't agree with you....more than likely it was something to do with SW....that fan club tends to be the most sensitive and hurt. I don't even remember you, you really going to come starting crap from something 7 months ago? Go sit down and shut up

You were on auburn football fan forum, and in 6 years youre still the same. And props on the Sean White comment. His last name is White so im sold!!! Assumptions. Sorry my words don't connect with you.

Auburn needs to find consistency in the passing/running game. Water is wet. There's your football.

You were on auburn football fan forum, and in 6 years youre still the same. And props on the Sean White comment. His last name is White so im sold!!! Assumptions. Sorry my words don't connect with you.

Auburn needs to find consistency in the passing/running game. Water is wet. There's your football.

Yes I was/am on that forum...point? Are you the same or different? Point? What are you butt hurt about? If I look up whatever we had an exchange about are you saying it won't have anything to do with SW?

But anyway fact of the matter is i didn't say anything to or about you and you're trying to start this up I guess because I said that everybody didn't have to jump on dude and call him names as I thought he was a new poster. Now you keep making these posts that doesn't have a point for absolutely no reason....But keep it up! Ummm yeah water is wet continue

I seem to remember Altima saying last year it was maybe fall practices that JJ was a little high on most of his throws in one practice. Maybe he said it more then once to stick in my mind.... Altima?

Even more. I think it was Iron Man who prophetically pointed out that we have no idea how Jeremy would handle pressure and how he would bounce back from a big interception. That man needs a job on the staff.

Even more. I think it was Iron Man who prophetically pointed out that we have no idea how Jeremy would handle pressure and how he would bounce back from a big interception. That man needs a job on the staff.

I can name a few posters that were saying that same exact thing tbh of course some were met with the usual backlash that accompanies level headed thinking regarding guys we don't know anything about

I can name a few posters that were saying that same exact thing tbh of course some were met with the usual backlash that accompanies level headed thinking regarding guys we don't know anything about

Not that I have the post(s) to back it up but I thought the exact same thing. On the contrary, I refrained from expressing my opinion because of the inevitable backlash that would ensue.

Tom Lugenbill of ESPN pointed out, in JJ's first spring game, that he looked sloppy, lackadaisical and generally disinterested (or something to that effect). I remember feeling very concerned at that point and thus far, have seen nothing to make me believe he can carry the team.

Not that I have the post(s) to back it up but I thought the exact same thing. On the contrary, I refrained from expressing my opinion because of the inevitable backlash that would ensue.

Tom Lugenbill of ESPN pointed out, in JJ's first spring game, that he looked sloppy, lackadaisical and generally disinterested (or something to that effect). I remember feeling very concerned at that point and thus far, have seen nothing to make me believe he can carry the team.

Exactly. I got piled on for trying to discuss the possibilities of those traits you mentioned affecting JJ's work ethic -- which is what Stephen Garcia reported prior to the season and people got really cranky about just the possibility of that being true.

We literally knew almost nothing about JJ in true game action minus one tiny sample size of 1 half against Arky where Arkansas prepared for our 2013 option driven offense and people were dismissing the mere idea that maybe he didn't have enough work under his belt to guarantee he would be an all-SEC performer. :dunno:

If Gus returns we MUST hire a QB coach. Period. No matter if Rhett is here or not. Tired of the QB hamster wheel.

If JF3 turns out to be the key to this puzzle maybe Gus and AU could be the first to start a dynasty on JUCO QB transfers hahaha.... If its not broke don't fix it?!? Lol

If Gus returns we MUST hire a QB coach. Period. No matter if Rhett is here or not. Tired of the QB hamster wheel.

Gus's QB's have led the most successful offenses in Auburn history. I fail to see the crying need for some QB coach from outside that isn't familiar with what Gus wants.

Gus's QB's have led the most successful offenses in Auburn history. I fail to see the crying need for some QB coach from outside that isn't familiar with what Gus wants.

Me either

Archived