2016 Spring Practice - Day 8

RunInRed

Jovon is growing up I think.

I hope the coaches use the genius they are known for and decide to consistently play him this year

If Jovon continues to lose the attitude that kept him on the bench last year he may well play consistently this year. Coaches don't put players in the game and take them out. The players do that themselves.

Attitude is big, I'll agree but you made up the coaches don't take players out part

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the coaches use the genius they are known for and decide to consistently play him this year

If Jovon continues to lose the attitude that kept him on the bench last year he may well play consistently this year. Coaches don't put players in the game and take them out. The players do that themselves.

Attitude is big, I'll agree but you made up the coaches don't take players out part

But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it sounded so good,,, it has to be true, doesn't it?

You fellas need to start believing in the Easter bunny. You are on some gooooooood stuff with the assumptions after scrimmage ONE.. LMAO Peter Cottontail is ALIVE!!

Aaaand here comes cole with an assist. This board never changes. RIR thank you for the threads of course.

Lol you're still butt hurt from what? What did we disagree like three months ago and your feelings are hurt lol. Am I supposed to remember you or something? Say my name why?

Damn you guys didn't have to go in like that did you?

I'm guessing this was the assist :dunno:/> Dontusually agree with cole, but not sure where this one came from.

I'm just glad someone stood up for the guy. It was kinda ridiculous m. +1 Cole

Anyone have any insight on how Prince Tega performed in the scrimmage?

He was not asked about. Coaches & players usually only talk about players they are asked about.

Funny how Cam was so close to losing the job to Trotter, or how Marshall won the job... Y'all are all stupid if y'all believe that crap! jF3 is #1 until he loses it. Marshall was #1 and Cam was #1 from day one on campus!

Funny how Cam was so close to losing the job to Trotter, or how Marshall won the job... Y'all are all stupid if y'all believe that crap! jF3 is #1 until he loses it. Marshall was #1 and Cam was #1 from day one on campus!

This post is completely void of logic.

But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it sounded so good,,, it has to be true, doesn't it?

It is true. Players, by their abilities and actions, determine which ones will play and which ones will ride the bench. Coaches only react to what the players are doing/have done. It's always thus.

JF3 was number 4 when he walked on campus and he's only moved up to #3 because Queen cannot practice yet. If or when he can beat out the returning QB's he'll move up. Otherwise, watch him on speed sweeps and catching wheel route passes from either JJ or White.

JF3 was number 4 when he walked on campus and he's only moved up to #3 because Queen cannot practice yet. If or when he can beat out the returning QB's he'll move up. Otherwise, watch him on speed sweeps and catching wheel route passes from either JJ or White.

So, you have a link saying he is the #3 QB, right?

You all are going to lose your minds when JF3 lines up in the slot to catch slants come September 3rd.

You all are going to lose your minds when JF3 lines up in the slot to catch slants come September 5th.

He'll be working on doing a trick formation in practice! Like this:

You all are going to lose your minds when JF3 lines up in the slot to catch slants come September 5th.

How is that a trick formation? All we did was put the QB in a WR position. We've done that COUNTLESS times in recent years when running the wildcat formation. The only difference is they rarely go down field for a pass.

Hopefully, he will have a competent QB to deliver him the ball.

You all are going to lose your minds when JF3 lines up in the slot to catch slants come September 3rd.

The bad thing is Gus would lose his mind too which is not a good thing. JF3 may not win the QB job but that is precisely what he was brought in for.

How is that a trick formation? All we did was put the QB in a WR position. We've done that COUNTLESS times in recent years when running the wildcat formation. The only difference is they rarely go down field for a pass.

Sorry, I was just trying to think of a clever rebuttal/point out that 9/5 is a Monday. I stand corrected.

^Well, considering his job probably depends on JF3, you're likely correct.

JF3 looks tiny. He looks an inch or two shorter and 15 lbs lighter than Nick Marshall, who was a pretty small QB himself.

So JF# has been able to learn the entire offense while it took JJ and SW a couple years? If he is ready to run Gus's complete offensive package already, then put JF3 on the field.

So JF# has been able to learn the entire offense while it took JJ and SW a couple years? If he is ready to run Gus's complete offensive package already, then put JF3 on the field.

No he has not learned the complete O yet. But he is being coached up in it very heavy right now.

No he has not learned the complete O yet. But he is being coached up in it very heavy right now.

I would say he is being coached up in it ultra heavy and fast

Ellitor,, JF3 was promised a chance not the job. I don't think that Gus or Rhett was sold that he would win it. With what went down last year and TQ coming off a surgery and Woody not getting here till Fall, it made good sense to get a insurance policy, especially if it had a rider for a change of pace Wildcat QB. Remember Gus likes to have a wildcat unless his starter (see Cam or Nick) has that ability also. I think what most are overlooking is that NM and Cam were bigger and stronger and better passers than JF3. As I have said earlier I don't see JF3 as a starter. As a backup and a wildcat maybe. Remember coaches don't always say all they know. They may not lie but they also may not include some information. JMHO. WDE

I would say he is being coached up in it ultra heavy and fast

Have a feeling he will be doing a lot of learning on the job as well. Very similar to the beginning of 2013 if he is indeed the starter.

Archived