2016 Spring Practice - Day 8

RunInRed

If Gus returns we MUST hire a QB coach. Period. No matter if Rhett is here or not. Tired of the QB hamster wheel.

Gus's QB's have led the most successful offenses in Auburn history. I fail to see the crying need for some QB coach from outside that isn't familiar with what Gus wants.

I concur.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Gus returns we MUST hire a QB coach. Period. No matter if Rhett is here or not. Tired of the QB hamster wheel.

Gus's QB's have led the most successful offenses in Auburn history. I fail to see the crying need for some QB coach from outside that isn't familiar with what Gus wants.

None of which he's developed from there freshman year. I think Gus is great offensive mind but he has deficiencies just like any other coach and QB development isn't a strong point for him. I'm not crying about it. Crying about it would've been calling for a QB two years ago. It's clear to me at this point that he needs help in that are and sense we're not actually getting from the current QB i'd like to see one brought in that's more experienced in developing QBs. QB play obviously makes or breaks a team and with the overall talent we have and recruit each year it's not unfair to as for at least consistent QB play.

I concur.

He may not want to but may be what the team needs. I have zero problems with doing things his way. A QB coach isn't calling plays so i don't see how that interferes with what Gus wants to do on offense. He's the HC but it goes back to one his biggest issues of learning to evolve and notice where he can get better as a HC. I'm not asking for another Cam or Nick...just consistent QB play. We have two upper class QBs that really have not made much progress. I'm just looking for some type of progression with our QBs year to year. Not an up and down roller coaster year to year. I don't think that's a lot to ask for considering the talent we're recruiting at that spot.

I concur.

He may not want to but may be what the team needs. I have zero problems with doing things his way. A QB coach isn't calling plays so i don't see how that interferes with what Gus wants to do on offense. He's the HC but it goes back to one his biggest issues of learning to evolve and notice where he can get better as a HC. I'm not asking for another Cam or Nick...just consistent QB play. We have two upper class QBs that really have not made much progress. I'm just looking for some type of progression with our QBs year to year. Not an up and down roller coaster year to year. I don't think that's a lot to ask for considering the talent we're recruiting at that spot.

we have one upperclass qb that so far hasn't made much progress. Actually regressed. We have a redshirt sophomore who played in only 5-6? Games through injury who seemed to be progressing prior to injury. We can't say he hasn't made much progress until we see him take the field again. Another qb coach might help but Gus has done well with what he has had till last year.

Archived