2016 Spring Practice - Day 8

RunInRed

What I got from today is, JF3 is the clear starter.

Pic of JJ was with second team also...

JJ and Roc are 2nd team.

Also was stated "when JJ and SW are out there" which I took as back ups.

Except that they specifically said the focus was to get JFIII more reps because they don't have as much film on here.

I don't draw the same conclusion as you.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JJ and Roc are 2nd team.

Dumbest post of the day. Congrats!

Takes dumb to know dumb, it was very clear JF3 was the focus today, and not just because he needs reps. TQ needs reps too because he is a new guy. But u know why he is not, because the better guys are ahead of him... Whoever is #1 will get the most reps, or lead the 1st team. Which JF3 done today. Because he is #1. I'm also very sure JJ is #2.

You fellas need to start believing in the Easter bunny. You are on some gooooooood stuff with the assumptions after scrimmage ONE.. LMAO Peter Cottontail is ALIVE!!

Aaaand here comes cole with an assist. This board never changes. RIR thank you for the threads of course.

JJ and Roc are 2nd team.

I didn't get this at all.

I didn't even remotely get that from what I've seen and read either. They made it very clear that JFIII was the focus today to get reps. It doesn't mean he's already the starter. Anybody reading that far into things at this point of the year is way premature. Roc 2nd team? Based on what?? Seriously some of the comments here boggle the mind.

Takes dumb to know dumb, it was very clear JF3 was the focus today, and not just because he needs reps. TQ needs reps too because he is a new guy. But u know why he is not, because the better guys are ahead of him... Whoever is #1 will get the most reps, or lead the 1st team. Which JF3 done today. Because he is #1. I'm also very sure JJ is #2.

TQ isn't getting the reps because his arm surgery isn't completely healed. Whether the guys getting the reps are ahead of him or not is a question that cannot be answered at this time.

Really, you cannot say one guy is ahead in the QB competition based on a few pictures from one practice. You may HOPE JF is ahead, but there is no evidence to support your wishes.

You fellas need to start believing in the Easter bunny. You are on some gooooooood stuff with the assumptions after scrimmage ONE.. LMAO Peter Cottontail is ALIVE!!

Aaaand here comes cole with an assist. This board never changes. RIR thank you for the threads of course.

Lol you're still butt hurt from what? What did we disagree like three months ago and your feelings are hurt lol. Am I supposed to remember you or something? Say my name why?

IMO I don't believe CGM even knows who will be his starting QB against Clemson at this point. I think he has to give every QB a fair shake to get a realistic evaluation of where each one is physically and mentally. Having each one going live with the 1's at some point gives them all the same opportunity. I think CGM learned from last year that he needs to battle test and evaluate his QB's more thoroughly before giving them the keys to the offense.

Gus even said that that JF3 got extra reps because SW and JJ were veterans and JF3 need the reps and they needed to see him. If you read all of Gus's remarks you could easily see that right now JF3 is no where close to being ready to start. He might get there by fall, but he is behind SW and JJ by a good distance yet. Some folks just want to interject their opinions in like they are facts, Fact is JF3 was the only one that put the ball on the ground today. Let things play out. WDE

They said he had a good day but that was in perspective to him being new. He is no where close to having the playbook down and he sure hasn't even looked at SEC type defense in his face. Not knocking our defense but they are not out to hurt anyone just yet, especially from their own team. I think the coaches are looking at what JF3 can bring to the table, but I don't think they are sold (at his weight) that he can be an every down QB in the SEC. Same problem Jimbo had with him. TIFWIW. WDE

Jamel Dean says no interceptions were thrown in this 100-play scrimmage. "Most of the plays were runs".

@matthewcstevens

Well. QBs live, eh?

They did this last year. Focused on runs one scrimmage, passes on another.

Did you ever see the Andy Griffith episode with Jack Nicholson? I was stunned to see him on the episode. He is one person that will always be able pick out in a crowd!

Jamel Dean says no interceptions were thrown in this 100-play scrimmage. "Most of the plays were runs".

@matthewcstevens

Well. QBs live, eh?

They did this last year. Focused on runs one scrimmage, passes on another.

One scrimmage. As vital as going live is we can't really believe one scrimmage is telling a guy's entire role for next year

Jovon is growing up I think.

I hope the coaches use the genius they are known for and decide to consistently play him this year

Jovon is growing up I think.

I hope the coaches use the genius they are known for and decide to consistently play him this year

If Jovon continues to lose the attitude that kept him on the bench last year he may well play consistently this year. Coaches don't put players in the game and take them out. The players do that themselves.

Or it could be that Tyler Queen isn't fully recovered yet from the surgery he had, but don't let facts get in your way.

Or it could be that Tyler Queen isn't fully recovered yet from the surgery he had, but don't let facts get in your way.

This. TQ is on a 50 throw per day count & the staff will not clear him to compete for the starting job yil the Fall.

Lol you're still butt hurt from what? What did we disagree like three months ago and your feelings are hurt lol. Am I supposed to remember you or something? Say my name why?

Damn you guys didn't have to go in like that did you?

I'm guessing this was the assist :dunno: Dontusually agree with cole, but not sure where this one came from.

Archived