AU To SEC East?

SphyNxXx

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's very simple! Auburn moves to the east and Tennessee moves to the west!

That sounds like a very simple move, UGA and Tenn would play as permanent cross divisional rivals but where would that leave the Fla-Tenn game? As a fan of college football in general IMO I'd hate to see that game moved to once every 6 or 7 years. If the realignment ever happens, an annual rivalry game will be lost under the 6-1-1 format regardless of who's moved to the West. The only way to keep annual games like Fla-Tenn or AU-LSU is a 6-2-1 format but this is all hypothetical

I do not care one bit what the turds think or not think about us moving to the east. It is none of their business and they should not have the power to stop this. Let's just do it if we want to!

We've had this discussion hundreds of times. Everybody says the same things every time. Why not jut wait and see if it happens rather than parroting all these what if scenarios for the 100th time? Links are always required when making those kind of statements that are in the OP.

found some links...NONE of which are remotely credible to any possibility. But that's never stopped some from running with it..

NCAAFootballGossip@NCAAFballGossip 8h8 hours ago

Gus Malzahn thinks there will be talk of SEC realignment: If the SEC decides to realign its divisions for foot... http://foxs.pt/1SBnHXf

C51TGtmk_bigger.jpgCollege Spun@CollegeSpun 9h9 hours ago

Auburn To The SEC East? Gus Malzahn Thinks There Will Be A "Discussion" About Realignment http://collegespun.c...ignment …

so Tim what exactly are we supposed to do in a forum. I honestly do not mind seeing everyone's opinion...many of which I share the same...at least for now with the play of FL and Tn and add a bad average of KY and Vandy..and Mizz not much better that division looks mighty soft.

I usually stop reading a thread if it bothers me that much....

only way I see this working is if the SEC added another conference game. get rid of the whole permanent cross divisions. make each time have 2 permanent opponents no matter the division. AU can keep UGA and Turds. Turds keep us and Tenn. Tenn can keep Turds and whoever else. then you can have 1 rotating from the other division.

We could drop bama as a yearly opponent and I'd be fine. I don't care if we start winning against them again, I have grown to dislike the fivalry since moving back to Alabama.

I share your same disdain. I could live without the iron bowl.

did you guys grow up outside of Alabama?

Don't worry big fella, AU doesn't have to coincide with Alabama in every single thing it does. It won't melt and the University won't go into the dark ages. I promise. And yes, I have actually had the chance to cross out from the Bama borders. I might do you some good. If anything, we would face them in the SEC Championship game, which is more meaningful anyhow. I am looking at what is best for AU, here.

First: Easy "big fella", I was born and raised in Georgia. Second: The rivalry has been around since anyone on this board was alive (including Golf), it's one of the most storied rivalries in all of college football, if not the most. We don't have to coincide with UAT in everything we do, but we also don't need to consider dropping a rivalry that means a ton to both universities and the whole state.

I think it means more to you than most people. It might be an old rivalry, but we have faced UGA and UF more than we have faced Alabama. We have a much meaningful history with TENN than we have with the likes of Arkansas or the Mississippi schools. Like it has already been stated, it is not like we are moving conferences and would be dropping them forever. We would see them in the SEC Championship and partly whenever the schedules coincide with us matching up (Its a good chance we would have to keep them as a permanent rival). I can almost bet that if a poll was taken and AU fans were asked would you rather stay in the SEC west to preserve the iron bowl or move to the SEC east, I believe a good majority would say move to the SEC East. Equally, I imagine many UAT fans would much rather keep UTENN has their permanent cross rival vs AU. Also, AU moving to the east benefits AU a great value and UA knows this. Simply, it gives us a much deeper recruiting advantage (the big obvious). Sorry, If I care about the benefits of AU versus the benefits of both programs.

The only reason we haven't played AU more than Florida and UGA is due to the 40 year suspension... And how exactly does is going to East help us with recruiting...? I don't give a damn about uat, or their program, but at least give me an actual argument.

The only way this would realistically work is if the sec decided on 9 conference games. 6 divisional, 2 permanent cross divisional, and 1 rotational

No way UAT will go along with this. Imagine the whining and bitching when they have to play 5 SEC road games and someone else wins the division and only had to play 4 SEC road games.

Saban may be for it, but the BOT will never agree to such a disadvantage every other year.

Wouldn't mind the move to the East. But I am 100% for keeping the Iron Bowl. Keep Bama at the end of the schedule and I'm happy with anything else. It's just something I look forward to every year and I feel like an AU football season wouldn't be complete if we didn't play the Iron Bowl. JMO

Only issue with the Iron Bowl being the last game and AU being in the East is what happens in a year where AU and Bama are tops in the SEC? How gung-ho would we (or Bama) be to play the Iron Bowl, and then turn right around the next week and play that exact same game again for the SEC championship?

What's holding this up is the single iota of a notion that we might have to drop Alabama. This rivalry is one of the biggest consistent cash cows in NCAA history. This rivalry has produced moments that are some of the most memorable of any sport. The NCAA doesn't want this to stop, the SEC doesn't want this to stop, and I doubt Alabama or Auburn's revenue handlers want this to stop. No matter who replaces that slot, they won't make several fractions of the same type of dough

Auburn is the reason I am not a bammer fan. The whole turd experience is enough to make one see orange and not red.

Wouldn't mind the move to the East. But I am 100% for keeping the Iron Bowl. Keep Bama at the end of the schedule and I'm happy with anything else. It's just something I look forward to every year and I feel like an AU football season wouldn't be complete if we didn't play the Iron Bowl. JMO

Only issue with the Iron Bowl being the last game and AU being in the East is what happens in a year where AU and Bama are tops in the SEC? How gung-ho would we (or Bama) be to play the Iron Bowl, and then turn right around the next week and play that exact same game again for the SEC championship?

The demand for a rematch was pretty high the last time this exact scenario occurred.

Seems like much ado about nothing

yep

Offseason tho. Better than QB debate

God almighty your right...............

How will JJ get his groove back?

We could drop bama as a yearly opponent and I'd be fine. I don't care if we start winning against them again, I have grown to dislike the fivalry since moving back to Alabama.

Don't worry big fella, AU doesn't have to coincide with Alabama in every single thing it does. It won't melt and the University won't go into the dark ages. I promise. And yes, I have actually had the chance to cross out from the Bama borders. I might do you some good. If anything, we would face them in the SEC Championship game, which is more meaningful anyhow. I am looking at what is best for AU, here.

First: Easy "big fella", I was born and raised in Georgia. Second: The rivalry has been around since anyone on this board was alive (including Golf), it's one of the most storied rivalries in all of college football, if not the most. We don't have to coincide with UAT in everything we do, but we also don't need to consider dropping a rivalry that means a ton to both universities and the whole state.

I think it means more to you than most people. It might be an old rivalry, but we have faced UGA and UF more than we have faced Alabama. We have a much meaningful history with TENN than we have with the likes of Arkansas or the Mississippi schools. Like it has already been stated, it is not like we are moving conferences and would be dropping them forever. We would see them in the SEC Championship and partly whenever the schedules coincide with us matching up (Its a good chance we would have to keep them as a permanent rival). I can almost bet that if a poll was taken and AU fans were asked would you rather stay in the SEC west to preserve the iron bowl or move to the SEC east, I believe a good majority would say move to the SEC East. Equally, I imagine many UAT fans would much rather keep UTENN has their permanent cross rival vs AU. Also, AU moving to the east benefits AU a great value and UA knows this. Simply, it gives us a much deeper recruiting advantage (the big obvious). Sorry, If I care about the benefits of AU versus the benefits of both programs.

The only reason we haven't played AU more than Florida and UGA is due to the 40 year suspension... And how exactly does is going to East help us with recruiting...? I don't give a damn about uat, or their program, but at least give me an actual argument.

First of all, your first sentence doesn't make any sense. No clue what you are spouting about.

Secondly, Do I really have to explain to an AU fan the benefits of recruiting that would come from AU being in the SEC east?

Third, I am not trying to argue with you because you cannot even comprehend the second question.

Fourth, you do give a damn about the Iron Bowl and UAT because you just have to play them every year.

Me? I don't give a crap about UAT or the cash cow that the game brings to the powers that be. I care about what is going to benefit AU, in the long run, the most. If we play Alabama down the road, cool. If not, cool. We still have the south deepest rivalry with UGA and two awesome annual games with Tenn and UF.

You don't have to agree with it. I really don't care.

See if I can find the article somewhere when I have time. Last time this came up Alabama was the lone west team that voted against our move and cited unfair recruiting. I know I saw that. Georgia and Florida were against us moving to the east also.

Auburn is the reason I am not a bammer fan. The whole turd experience is enough to make one see orange and not red.

It's funny you say that. We have 2 superintendents that have been doing jobs in Tuscaloosa and Auburn. Both bama fans. They both now absolutely hate going to Tuscaloosa and love working in Auburn. One of them told me just yesterday that he now hates Tuscaloosa so much that he doesn't even want to be a bama fan anymore (of course he was exaggerating, but it proves the point). The other one told me how much he liked it in AU and justified it by saying he spent a lot of time there when he was in school at bama anyways. Apparently all you have to do to slowly convert bama fans is to force them to work in both towns. Then they begin to understand why Auburn fans are what they are and slowly begin to dislike what they've always been. It's quite amusing to have these conversations with them I must say.

Apparently there will be talk about reallignment at the next SEC meeting but I don't expect they get anywhere.

Better chance of AU adding 100K seats to JH than moving to the SEC East.

Sweet!!! We'll need the extra seats when we are winning the SEC East every year!

Great point.

Why would the conference discuss this issue right now? It's been discussed and shot down in the past.

Why would they discuss going to a 9 game conference schedule? They've voted on it in the past and the only AD/President that wanted 9 conference games was UAT - every other program voted against it, including AU.

What has changed from any discussions and voting from the past?

Archived