AU To SEC East?

SphyNxXx

Why would the conference discuss this issue right now? It's been discussed and shot down in the past.

Why would they discuss going to a 9 game conference schedule? They've voted on it in the past and the only AD/President that wanted 9 conference games was UAT - every other program voted against it, including AU.

What has changed from any discussions and voting from the past?

Playoffs possibly. Maybe each team wants an extra SEC win to help make their case for the playoff. :dunno:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could drop bama as a yearly opponent and I'd be fine. I don't care if we start winning against them again, I have grown to dislike the fivalry since moving back to Alabama.

You don't have to live in Alabama to be sick of this "rivalry"....takes all of the enjoyment out of that game...win or lose

We could drop bama as a yearly opponent and I'd be fine. I don't care if we start winning against them again, I have grown to dislike the fivalry since moving back to Alabama.

You don't have to live in Alabama to be sick of this "rivalry"....takes all of the enjoyment out of that game...win or lose

In all honesty, the only thing that will fix what's broken is for Alabama to get the death penalty. Play them or not, you still have to deal with their awful fans no matter where you live. Making them take a few years off and then rebuild from the ground up, sans their football machine, would kill off most of the worst of them.

In all honesty, the only thing that will fix what's broken is for Alabama to get the death penalty. Play them or not, you still have to deal with their awful fans no matter where you live. Making them take a few years off and then rebuild from the ground up, sans their football machine, would kill off most of the worst of them.

You are correct, totally. We'll live to see football outlawed and that will destroy their culture. Football will be outlawed before they get sanctioned by the NCAA

Both Emmert and Saban would have to be long gone for anything to happen with the NCAA and Bama. They are making too much money for the league for the NCAA to do anything, not to mention Emmert and Saban's relationship.

Wasn't there another recent rumor of a Big 12 team joining the SEC, specifically from the state of Oklahoma? If so that throws the conference off balance and forces realignments. That would push Auburn and UAT into the East and Missouri back to where they belong in the West. .

No matter what the SEC needs to kill the meaningless standing cross division games played every years. Only the Auburn vs Georgia and UAT vs UT really ever mattered and both have lost their status. If Auburn and UAT move to the East that standing game problem becomes just a regular east division game

Good point. Never thought of that. There is another good game every year where you wouldn't expect it. Ole miss and Vandy is always fun. That may change in the near future with Freeze.

living in North Carolina for many years, has given me a perspective of being able to see the whole rivalry from a distance. Bammer would crap elephant turds left and right if we moved to the East and played them only every so often. You would see all sorts of bammer acts of terrorism towards anything to do with Auburn. You would see turds being dumped from crop dusters painted red and white.

the suicide rate of bammer fans would go off of the charts, and many of you will be inclined to agree. Auburn does not need bammer. However, bammer needs Auburn of which I am 110% certain of.

living in North Carolina for many years, has given me a perspective of being able to see the whole rivalry from a distance. Bammer would crap elephant turds left and right if we moved to the East and played them only every so often. You would see all sorts of bammer acts of terrorism towards anything to do with Auburn. You would see turds being dumped from crop dusters painted red and white.

the suicide rate of bammer fans would go off of the charts, and many of you will be inclined to agree. Auburn does not need bammer. However, bammer needs Auburn of which I am 110% certain of.

Truth Doc.

We should be in the SEC East and should play spuat every year as our permanent SEC West opponent. Being in the East, we could maintain our 2nd biggest rivalry (uga) and resume our once great rivalries with UT and UF.

wde

Count me in with the people that don't care about playing Bama every year. If we could have a some what respectable rivalry it would be different, but they don't know the meaning of the word. I'd rather crush their dreams in Atlanta every year any way

What's good for Auburn and what's good for the SEC might be different things.

It's good for neither Auburn nor the SEC for the Bama rivalry to be demoted. As much as I hate to admit it, a good amount of Auburn's notoriety depends on the success we've enjoyed against Alabama.

It would be good for Auburn to be in the East. The old Auburn schedule leaned heavily east. We played State and Alabama every year, but we also played Tennessee, GA Tech, Florida, and Georgia. Sometimes we mixed in Clemson and Florida State. Sometimes we mixed in LSU or even Ole Miss.

I will admit, though, the Tennessee rivalry is pretty much dead. It's just been too long. Man, it was glorious for a long time.

I can still remember Coach Dye coughing and barely able to speak every year when amen corner came around , Florida , Georgia , updykes to end the year was hell! Georgia got a lot of more victories in Jacksonville when Auburn used to play the Gators the week prior to their annual meeting.

^^^^What he said. The SEC doesn't care about Auburn and we need to recognize that.

AU isn't going to the east. AU has no, none, zip clout with the SEC office. AU has already tried to move to the east and it was quickly shut down. This thread is worthless.

Aren't most threads on sports forums? Let people talk about what they want to.

I'm more concerned with Sequin out for Game 5 tonight and wrapping up the Wild. Hoping the Blues/Blackhawks go to 6 and give him some more time for that Achilles to heal. Losing 73 points and the guy that works best with Benn.

The world would not even come close to ending if the SEC moves Auburn to the east while keeping UaT in the west.

My love of the rivalry with UAT was poisoned the same day the oaks were. I despise seeing those houndstooth whores and crimson necks on the Plains. I wouldn't lose one wink of sleep if we were moved and never played them again.

AU isn't going to the east. AU has no, none, zip clout with the SEC office. AU has already tried to move to the east and it was quickly shut down. This thread is worthless.

We just need Jay Jacobs to.... I mean Jay could stand and lead a.... Well Jacobs could...

Oh never mind, we are not going anywhere.

We just need Jay Jacobs to.... I mean Jay could stand and lead a.... Well Jacobs could...

Likely nobody but a few AU fans want to make the change.. Doesn't matter what JJ of JG want.....it is a.conference decision and it is a done deal for a while. Nobody wants to recalculate schedules again anytime soon. JMO. I bet Mizz has no interest in a swap.

Likely nobody but a few AU fans want to make the change.. Doesn't matter what JJ of JG want.....it is a.conference decision and it is a done deal for a while. Nobody wants to recalculate schedules again anytime soon. JMO. I bet Mizz has no interest in a swap.

I agree. Mizzou won the East back to back - why would they want to move West and have to play LSU & UAT every year?

It is utterly mind blowing to me that Auburn fans are justifying this notion of a move to the east by saying, "welp, we won't have to play the bammers anymo" how weak, how utterly weak.

This may have been asked & answered already but why would Auburn be the one to move and not Alabama? I can't stomach going back to page 1 and reading all the responses after what i've seen so far.

Archived