Chizik unhappy?

vatz22au

I was just talking to my brother who talks to some of the "rival" board mods and they say Chizik is most likely gone from what they "hear" inside auburn. They say he is unhappy with "certain" things but I have no clue to as of what they are and as far as I am concerned that sounds like a load of crap to me (not chizik but hearin this whole thing). Why the hell would he be unhappy? Is having success bad? This cant be true...at all.

unhappy? 13-0? full control of the defense? 300,000/year for 3 years? most beautiful village on the plains?

i'm 100% sure that chizik is happy here in auburn...now does he want a "new" challenge in his life? well that may be a reason he leaves...but he's not unhappy

It was rather strange that he was mum on the situation after going to Jacksonville and Austin. Maybe it's a sign that he's going, or that he is still trying to make up his mind. If he is committed to returning to AU he would have said so unless it's a contract negotiating ploy. We needed him to tell the incoming D that he'll be here for them next year. Apparently, he didn't do that.

He's a great coach, and I hope he stays.

just trying to read between the lines from a great distance, i sense that he is not completely happy about something....now, it could be a method of getting the attention of the money folks concerning his contract......the latter is what i hope it is,but there something a little off center wiith all of his interviewing at other places and it kind of seems that it is not about money.....i like the way the man handles a defense and i sure don't want to see him go

Well, I sent him an email begging him to stay.  We'll see what happens.

139362[/snapback]

I sent him one with "congrats" and wishing him good luck, whatever he decides to do...oh...and I did mention something about staying. :)

:au::homer:

It was rather strange that he was mum on the situation after going to Jacksonville and Austin.  Maybe it's a sign that he's going, or that he is still trying to make up his mind.  If he is committed to returning to AU he would have said so unless it's a contract negotiating ploy.  We needed him to tell the incoming D that he'll be here for them next year.  Apparently, he didn't do that.

He's a great coach, and I hope he stays.

139349[/snapback]

Does he have another offer?

I hope Chizik stays. I don't know why he would not be happy. I know he must be a little irritated that he did not get interviewed for a head coaching job but his time will come. I just don't see the logic in becoming a secondary coach in the pro's or leaving to be a co defensive coordinator at another program.

I hope Chizik stays.  I don't know why he would not be happy.  I know he must be a little irritated that he did not get interviewed for a head coaching job but his time will come.  I just don't see the logic in becoming a secondary coach in the pro's or leaving to be a co defensive coordinator at another program.

139405[/snapback]

In theory, a move to Texas and subsequent success, would indicate that he can coach anywhere with great results. Tommy Tuberville did the same by moving from Miami to Texas A&M. As for the NFL gig, many Universities are looking for a HFC with NFL experience. I hope Chizik gives us one more year!

If he's unhappy at Auburn he needs to go. If he truly is unhappy I'd certainly like to know why. Anyone with the real story here?

WDE!!!

Archived