Bama DL Coach alleged of recruiting violations

aubiefifty

Everyone slow down and take a deep breath ........... We have been at this point a few times in the past couple of years saying "oh hell little nicky has done it this time" ........ and its always fizzles out to nothing. My guess is nothing much will come of it.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone slow down and take a deep breath ........... We have been at this point a few times in the past couple of years saying "oh hell little nicky has done it this time" ........ and its always fizzles out to nothing. My guess is nothing much will come of it.

I would bet that you're 100% correct. They had a coach give a player money, but he paid the coach back so it's okay.

Don't get excited. There is nothing to see here. The NCAA spent 3 minutes and 22 seconds investigating the recruiting violation and found that Saban fired the rogue coach, who acted alone in the violation, so no further action will be required.

Don't get excited. There is nothing to see here. The NCAA spent 3 minutes and 22 seconds investigating the recruiting violation and found that Saban fired the rogue coach, who acted alone in the violation, so no further action will be required.

Whatever......ain't gonna lose any sleep over this...we still have to beat them on the field...NCAA. on their case won't make any difference in my view.

Other teams take note at the swift action of bama by taking the initiative. We are so lucky to play in the same league that the bastion of truth and honesty resides.

i remember someone saying the fbi stayed at auburn for a long time and found nothing. but i have no idea where i heard it. meds and old age sux...........lol

Why would they be involved? The amount of money being discussed? Seems like more of an IRS issue to me.

Perhaps they were in town looking into Varez Ward and the point shaving/betting issue.

I don't know why they would be, but I was pretty sure I heard that they were down here. Maybe something to do with the phone calls and chasing a paper trail.

If I remember it right the FBI was assisting the IRS in their investigation over whether money hasd changed hands.

i remember someone saying the fbi stayed at auburn for a long time and found nothing. but i have no idea where i heard it. meds and old age sux...........lol

Why would they be involved? The amount of money being discussed? Seems like more of an IRS issue to me.

Perhaps they were in town looking into Varez Ward and the point shaving/betting issue.

I don't know why they would be, but I was pretty sure I heard that they were down here. Maybe something to do with the phone calls and chasing a paper trail.

If I remember it right the FBI was assisting the IRS in their investigation over whether money hasd changed hands.

Also just googled it. They were looking into the allegations of Miss St as well. Phone records and all that good stuff.

fbi joins the party

Oh, they were in it all right. I believe they looked for a money trail as well.

fbi joins the party

Just relying on my memory, so don't quote me, but the Feds were certainly involved in investigating the Colonial Bank scandal which may have put them in Auburn briefly. As I recall, many Bammers were convinced the Colonial Bank investigation would lead straight through Bobby Lowder to a trail of payments to multiple Auburn players, payouts through rigged ATM machines at Milton McGreger's Victoryland dog track, etc. Fraud was proven in the Colonial Bank affair and the bank ultimately failed, several people went to jail, but Bobby Lowder was cleared, and of course, the AU allegations proved to be nothing but typical Bammer BS.

(I thought the 'ATM payout' theory was particularly stupid: Every ATM transaction leaves an electronic record, those records are usually processed by third parties (Visa, etc) not the local bank, and modern ATM's even take your picture every time you access them...short of a signed personal check, probably the dumbest way in the world for a criminal to pass or receive money, even if he owns the bank! But we are talking about Bammer mentality...)

https://www.justice....on-fraud-scheme

https://en.wikipedia...i/Colonial_Bank

fbi joins the party

Just relying on my memory, so don't quote me, but the Feds were certainly involved in investigating the Colonial Bank scandal which may have put them in Auburn briefly. As I recall, many Bammers were convinced the Colonial Bank investigation would lead straight through Bobby Lowder to a trail of payments to multiple Auburn players, payouts through rigged ATM machines at Milton McGreger's Victoryland dog track, etc. Fraud was proven in the Colonial Bank affair and the bank ultimately failed, several people went to jail, but Bobby Lowder was cleared, and of course, the AU allegations proved to be nothing but typical Bammer BS.

(I thought the 'ATM payout' theory was particularly stupid: Every ATM transaction leaves an electronic record, those records are usually processed by third parties (Visa, etc) not the local bank, and modern ATM's even take your picture every time you access them...short of a signed personal check, probably the dumbest way in the world for a criminal to pass or receive money, even if he owns the bank! But we are talking about Bammer mentality...)

https://www.justice....on-fraud-scheme

https://en.wikipedia...i/Colonial_Bank

slightly off subject, but I am equally amazed that an administrator would text payment details to Tunsill at ole miss. Almost sounds fabricated.

Whatever......ain't gonna lose any sleep over this...we still have to beat them on the field...NCAA. on their case won't make any difference in my view.

Correct, but it would be nice to have to beat them on a level playing field.

We do it from time to time and others do also.....it is the same ole bama.....it can be done,, we just have to play a better brand of football.

The wait continues..... Still nothing mentioned on AL.Com about the reseaon for resignation. No mention still of recruiting violations.... AL.com should be investigated.

DullDawgs in particular promoted the FBI lies in the AJC blogs. Bammers picked it up quickly. However, recruiting violations are not illegal and anybody with a lick of sense knew the FBI didn't give a rat's azz about the whole situation. However, their dreams died hard.

PS: Even after reading the above article, I don't believe the FBI ever came to or looked into Auburn's end of it. Assuming that article is accurate (big assumption) the FBI was at MSU because MSU booster Kenny Rogers tried to broker a deal there. I never saw anything other than internet BS and wishful thinking from UGA and UAT fans to indicate FBI interest in Auburn.

We do it from time to time and others do also.....it is the same ole bama.....it can be done,, we just have to play a better brand of football.

Oh I know. My point is even when we and others beat them, the playing field is not level.

The last time it was leveled (be the NCAA) Tubbs beat them (with mostly 3 stars) six years in a row!

Scarbinsky finally asks some questions on al.com this morning:

http://www.al.com/al...ed_news_article

(I'll post in full so you don't have to click the site):

At 11:06 a.m. Friday, the following email appeared in the inboxes of journalists on the University of Alabama athletics mailing list:

The subject line: Statement from Head Coach Nick Saban. This was the entirety of the statement: "Bo Davis has submitted his letter of resignation. We appreciate all the contributions he made to the program and wish him and his family the very best in the future."

It was rather generous to call that a statement. Saban often uses more words to clear his throat and get warmed up before launching into one of his patented rants.

You would think the oddly timed resignation of one of his long-time assistants would merit more than two sentences, one of them containing the cold, hard fact of the departure, the other an upbeat thank you, good-bye and good luck.

Davis isn't just another Alabama assistant football coach. He coached the defensive line, the single strongest position group on the 2015 national championship team. He worked for Saban at LSU, with the Miami Dolphins and in two separate stints with the Crimson Tide.

It seems fair to say that Saban doesn't hire someone more than once if he doesn't trust them and value their contributions.

Assistant coaches typically don't resign out of the blue on April 29, 13 days after the spring game, without a reason, but as has become the norm with Saban's tight-lipped Alabama program, no details were provided.

The departure of Davis would be curious enough if it weren't preceded by a Thursday evening report from TideSports.com that Davis was headed out the door "over an inquiry into possible recruiting violations."

A person familiar with the situation told AL.com it did concern a potential recruiting violation, which may not have been serious in nature, but Davis was not cooperative with the school when questioned about it. It appears that lack of cooperation led to his departure.

It won't be just another staff change for Alabama because Davis wasn't just any recruiter. The recruiting website 247 Sports ranked him the No. 1 recruiter in the SEC for 2016 and No. 2 nationally behind USC's Tee Martin, crediting him with such signees as Gordo linebacker Ben Davis and Texas quarterback Jalen Hurts.

Among Davis' "top all-time commits," 247 listed nose guard Terrence Cody, cornerback Kendall Sheffield and defensive tackle Daron Payne.

A year ago, Davis was given a raise to $475,000 a year and an extension through the 2017 season. It's unclear if he'll receive any severance pay.

It's a positive when a compliance department does its job, but it's a negative when a football program has to lose an assistant with a proven track record of success. Overall, it's not a good look for an Alabama program that keeps racking up national championships on the field and in recruiting.

On the day Crimson Tide defensive linemen A'shawn Robinson and Jarran Reed were drafted by the NFL, their position coach was forced to leave the program.

The impact of those losses, especially that of Davis, remains to be seen.

Amazing that the top guy at all.com admits that he only knows what the bama PR machine tells him. Has nobody in the program that will give inside info and he can only wonder...never even suggested that the bama version made no sense.

Yea I'm sure it was because he didn't cooperate. How long has he been with Satan? Fired or forced to resign for

some lack of cooperation.

Unreal! Where are the real investagative journalist that should want the real story!

I'm just hoping that IF the ncaa HAS to investigate then maybe something else will come up. They are circling the wagons nothing will come out though.

fbi joins the party

It makes sense that FBI would get involved in such investigations. Wouldn't undocumented transactions (and thus untaxed on either end) of thousands of dollars be something in their wheelhouse?

fbi joins the party

It makes sense that FBI would get involved in such investigations. Wouldn't undocumented transactions (and thus untaxed on either end) of thousands of dollars be something in their wheelhouse?

That would be more in the IRS wheelhouse. IIRC, the FBI was involved because they wondered if anything was tied to Milton McGregor - and they were concerned about that only because McGregor was accused of bribing politicians, which is considered "Public Corruption" and is high on the list of what the FBI gets all a-lathered over.

I do love gow Alabama uniquely can punish one staff meneber and never be hurt as a whole. Dodge Charger U will never die

This just doesn't pass the smell test, but as others have stated on this thread--nothing will come of it. I mean, the assistant coach who was regarded as the #2 recruiter in the entire country allegedly did some minor transgression with a recruit (don't know what that transgression was) and he's forced out because he was "uncooperative" with UA and Saban? Really? After all these years being with Saban (minus a few in Texas) he's being uncooperative now? I for one just don't see this happening the way it's being reported--which is little to none, BTW, in this state.

Has anyone heard if Finebaum has said anything about this on his show?

Anybody believing self reporting automatically insulates a non-bama from major ncaa sanctions needs to research the U's approach to its Shapiro issues. And that was a booster issue, not an actual coach.

This just doesn't pass the smell test, but as others have stated on this thread--nothing will come of it. I mean, the assistant coach who was regarded as the #2 recruiter in the entire country allegedly did some minor transgression with a recruit (don't know what that transgression was) and he's forced out because he was "uncooperative" with UA and Saban? Really? After all these years being with Saban (minus a few in Texas) he's being uncooperative now? I for one just don't see this happening the way it's being reported--which is little to none, BTW, in this state.

Has anyone heard if Finebaum has said anything about this on his show?

Finebaum did talk about it on Friday but I could only listen to the first 15 minutes of the show. He did agree that Saban has such tight control of the program that it's hard to believe he had no idea. Not sure if that theme lasted for the entire show though.

Archived