Bama DL Coach alleged of recruiting violations

aubiefifty

I simply can't believe that the collegiate national champions who routinely and continually have the best defensive line in the country, have fired their defensive line coach and there is little to zero national interest in the story.

Blows my mind!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I simply can't believe that the collegiate national champions who routinely and continually have the best defensive line in the country, have fired their defensive line coach and there is little to zero national interest in the story.

Blows my mind!

I think part of it is that everyone assumes bama cheats already, so this comes off as unsurprising. I don't expect ESPN to make a huge deal out of it and I sure as hell don't expect al.com to pursue it.

This story isn't nearly as "sexy" as what's going on at Ole Miss.

Blows my mind!

I think part of it is that everyone KNOWS bama cheats already, so this comes off as unsurprising. I don't expect ESPN to make a huge deal out of it and I sure as hell don't expect al.com to pursue it.

This story isn't nearly as "sexy" as what's going on at Ole Miss.

FIFY

i remember someone saying the fbi stayed at auburn for a long time and found nothing. but i have no idea where i heard it. meds and old age sux...........lol

Why would they be involved? The amount of money being discussed? Seems like more of an IRS issue to me.

Perhaps they were in town looking into Varez Ward and the point shaving/betting issue.

fbi joins the party

Oh, they were in it all right. I believe they looked for a money trail as well.

It makes sense that FBI would get involved in such investigations. Wouldn't undocumented transactions (and thus untaxed on either end) of thousands of dollars be something in their wheelhouse?

That would be more in the IRS wheelhouse. IIRC, the FBI was involved because they wondered if anything was tied to Milton McGregor - and they were concerned about that only because McGregor was accused of bribing politicians, which is considered "Public Corruption" and is high on the list of what the FBI gets all a-lathered over.

If the FBI is interested in corruption there's plenty of it in the pipeline between Tuscaloosa and Montgomery. They would have a real good time.

So, fresh off a national championship season and with all the success bama has had in recent years, he all of a sudden felt like he had to start breaking the rules?

So, fresh off a national championship season and with all the success bama has had in recent years, he all of a sudden felt like he had to start breaking the rules?

It was a one-time lapse of judgment. Nothing more....

According to the al.com report, it was multiple recruits, which makes it multiple lapses of judgement. But, it's ok since none of them signed with Bama. I guess I'm a conspiracy theorist because I just don't think this is the entire story, but we'll probably never know the real story. I do think someone should keep an eye on him and see what kind of lifestyle he enjoys after this. If he should end up with a nice cushy non-coaching job, that could mean someone is taking care of him.

So, how did he get off and how did he get there? Did he just not show up to work? Did he take the company plane? Did he put in for travel expenses? How. in a program ran so tightly, can you have one of its main coaches and lead recruiters just go AWOL for a few days without anyone knowing?

So, how did he get off and how did he get there? Did he just not show up to work? Did he take the company plane? Did he put in for travel expenses? How. in a program ran so tightly, can you have one of its main coaches and lead recruiters just go AWOL for a few days without anyone knowing?

that was my first thoughts to. He just went dark, i guess.

I agree, and add that to what I was questioning: why now? Why with all the success and years of "not breaking any rules" does he feel so compelled to break them now? Put the two together and it doesn't pass the make sense test.

And they say in the article that the ones he visited didn't sign with bama....do they honestly think that the ones who did sign with bama are going to come out and admit it??

So do you turn in an expense report on an illegal trip?

I'd be willing to bet that the coach turned in an expense report for the trip, because it wasn't viewed as illegal when he took the trip. Now that it is illegal, the clean up will include expunging the record. This is the second time that I know of that someone has fallen on his sword for the Saban process.

This story is now overshadowed by the 4 AU players that were arrested on drug charges ...

Big difference. uat coach is a grown man.......

Not doubt, but on paper which "looks" worst? (PR)

The AU stuff is still over shadowing this. Damn these guys are good. Ole Miss and AU bailed uat out on this. Incredible really.

Good point

Could be that the media doesn't consider a bama coach cheating as actual "news".....as if...."what do you expect from them? " :dunno:

The AU stuff is still over shadowing this. Damn these guys are good. Ole Miss and AU bailed uat out on this. Incredible really.

Could be that the media doesn't consider a bama coach cheating as actual "news".....as if...."what do you expect from them? " :dunno:/>

This story is now overshadowed by the 4 AU players that were arrested on drug charges ...

Ahhhhh.

Sheesh

Archived