Bama DL Coach alleged of recruiting violations

aubiefifty

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how the NCAA is going to handle these 2 situations (Bama and Ole Miss). My guess is that they'll go after Ole Miss with everything they have, but Bama will get to do their own investigation and the NCAA will simply go along with whatever Bama decides (I'm sure we all remember the deal with the assistant S&C coach at Bama a few years ago). I almost feel sorry for Ole Miss. They could be in for hell while Bama once again toasts it's recruiting national championship.

I wonder how the NCAA is going to handle these 2 situations (Bama and Ole Miss). My guess is that they'll go after Ole Miss with everything they have, but Bama will get to do their own investigation and the NCAA will simply go along with whatever Bama decides (I'm sure we all remember the deal with the assistant S&C coach at Bama a few years ago). I almost feel sorry for Ole Miss. They could be in for hell while Bama once again toasts it's recruiting national championship.

Hmm, makes you wonder who was behind the Tunsil thing after all...misdirection much?

Hmm, makes you wonder who was behind the Tunsil thing after all...misdirection much?

Interesting thought.

There could be something to the "deflection" theory. Bama was already investigation the Davis situation, when all of a sudden---BOOM! Here comes mess on Ole Miss' Tunsel, including a video of supposedly him smoking pot using a gas mask, and then the news that he allegedly accepted money from a staffer at OM. Could this be because there may be more to this situation at Bama than they want us to know? I remember a few years ago when there was a report in USA Today about the closeness of Mark Emmert and Nick Sabam and all of a sudden--BOOM! Here comes ESPN going all out on reporting the synthetic marijuana mess at AU, and only at AU. Not all colleges, just AU. BTW, synthetic marijuana was legal on most if not all campuses--and just about everywhere--at the time, and AU was one of the very few schools that was taking an active role in trying to stop that mess (something ESPN failed to mention).

Here's another conspiracy theory on the situation at Bama: Will the state media assist Bama with covering this up?

8:00am the following day. Still no article about it on AL.com <_<

Ran a couple hours yesterday I think and then GONE.....sounds like me doing something important on Word.....one moment it is on the screen in front of me....and then it has just disappeared into the ether.... It's a brave new world.....except at al.com

There could be something to the "deflection" theory. Bama was already investigation the Davis situation, when all of a sudden---BOOM! Here comes mess on Ole Miss' Tunsel, including a video of supposedly him smoking pot using a gas mask, and then the news that he allegedly accepted money from a staffer at OM. Could this be because there may be more to this situation at Bama than they want us to know? I remember a few years ago when there was a report in USA Today about the closeness of Mark Emmert and Nick Sabam and all of a sudden--BOOM! Here comes ESPN going all out on reporting the synthetic marijuana mess at AU, and only at AU. Not all colleges, just AU. BTW, synthetic marijuana was legal on most if not all campuses--and just about everywhere--at the time, and AU was one of the very few schools that was taking an active role in trying to stop that mess (something ESPN failed to mention).

Here's another conspiracy theory on the situation at Bama: Will the state media assist Bama with covering this up?

Yes

Bo Davis is a rogue coach who engaged in activities that do not reflect the values of the University of Alabama, the Athletic Department or the Football Program and as part of the Process has been asked to resign in order to preserve the Sanctity of this fine institution.

Don't you get it?

I totally agree that he was the fall guy to prevent the whole house of cards from coming down. I also agree that the guy who hacked Tunsil's account was probably a bama guy deflecting attention.

Saban will just throw money at the next best coach who isn't afraid to "bend" the rules and it will be business as usual in West Alabama.

People don't go rogue under saban.

Nope... rogue is one of the qualifications for the job.

8:00am the following day. Still no article about it on AL.com <_</>

The other way of looking at it makes me wonder if it's going to be a bigger story than we realize....

If they announced it you can bet they have already bankrolled him to keep quiet.

However, how long before someone decides to try to make big $ with a tell all book about uat and the sectets to their success?

Have you ever read "Junction Boys"? Gene Stallings, in the intro to the book, describes how the first thing Bryant did when taking over the job at aTm was to gather the boosters and pass a hat around for money to buy recruits. He talks about dropping hay bales stuffed with money onto recruits farms.

The NCAA will handle this situation the same way it did when one of Bama's players literally admitted to taking cash a few years ago (along with players from Tennessee and somewhere else I believe?): they'll ignore it until it goes away. It's amazing to me that other schools let this happen without raising serious hell

The NCAA will handle this situation the same way it did when one of Bama's players literally admitted to taking cash a few years ago (along with players from Tennessee and somewhere else I believe?): they'll ignore it until it goes away. It's amazing to me that other schools let this happen without raising serious hell

I often wonder where are the influential Notre Damn attorneys when these things happen and the NCAA basically does nothing about them. The Golden Domers have no "love lost" for the turds, nor their fans.

Did this news break just 5 minutes ago?

The reason I ask is because I've been searching al.com for this story and it was just posted 5 minutes ago?

Also al.com makes no mention of the alleged violations? Why do they make no mention of this, in there just posted article? All it states is Bo Davis resigns, a small quote from Saban, and that's it?? Must be nothing to the story...

Did this news break just 5 minutes ago?

The reason I ask is because I've been searching al.com for this story and it was just posted 5 minutes ago?

Also al.com makes no mention of the alleged violations? Why do they make no mention of this, in there just posted article? All it states is Bo Davis resigns, a small quote from Saban, and that's it?? Must be nothing to the story...

Do you really have to question the motives of al.com?

i don't want a torrid witch-hunt, a la Joe Schad in 2010... i'm just asking for a level playing field with the media.

Archived