JF3 runs 40

RunInRed

Oh good gravy. Even if they fudged the numbers a tiny bit, the kid still has elite speed. We already knew that, and for the millionth time, THAT is why we recruited him. The fact that he has a somewhat legit shot at being our QB is the icing, not the cake.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should know to be wary of Auburn 40 times by now. I'm sure he is plenty fast though.

Bo Jackson's 4.13 was verified by outsiders, in addition to the Auburn staff.

That's because it was at the NFL combine. AU has done these sprint tests the past few Spring & to a man every guy's "laser time" by AU was 1 to 3 tenths faster than when they later ran at the Combines. JF3 is no doubt fast but I think his real time is actually around a tenth slower as well.

Pick one! Kick returner, Omac speed sweep guy, slot receiver or QB? (before voting, consider that a QB must throw the ball with accuracy, something three different college coaching staffs have so far been unable to install in JF3)

They probably failed because they tried to install something on a Homosapien. It is much more beneficial to utilize electrical devices for installation. I know you want to start a QB debate, but there are about three different threads for that exact mission, specifically referring to your boy SW,

Guys i know we like to be accurate but arguing over a few hundredths or a tenth of a second is just mind boggling. You know its a slow off season when....

In terms of sprints, 40s, etc this actually makes a huge difference, believe it or not. Not as mind boggling as you would think.

I can see where if you were running track and field that it would be a huge difference. However running away from 11 people and not going just straight i can say that it probably doesnt make a huge difference.

KP tweeted he ran a 4.49.

Now that's impressive at his size

U talking bout Pettway??? He looked to run around 4.5 at A day

yep! It showed with his burst when he made his runs. I was surprised

Oh good gravy. Even if they fudged the numbers a tiny bit, the kid still has elite speed. We already knew that, and for the millionth time, THAT is why we recruited him. The fact that he has a somewhat legit shot at being our QB is the icing, not the cake.

Everything must be dissected and then argued about.

We should know to be wary of Auburn 40 times by now. I'm sure he is plenty fast though.

Bo Jackson's 4.13 was verified by outsiders, in addition to the Auburn staff.

Agree 100%! Best NFL combine time in the history of the league!

Guys i know we like to be accurate but arguing over a few hundredths or a tenth of a second is just mind boggling. You know its a slow off season when....

There is no arguing over these numbers, just pointing out that we need to take these numbers with a grain of salt.

Lets add .15 to his 4.28 and you get a 4.43. The third fastest RB time at NFL combine this year was 4.45 The fastest time at NFL combine this year was 4.31 so even with.15 addition the 4.43 puts his speed into elite territory.

It looks more like a calm discussion than an argument to me. At least that's how my posts were toned.

There is no arguing over these numbers, just pointing out that we need to take these numbers with a grain of salt.

Bingo!

Saw an Alabama fan say that JFIII was a 4.6 guy at best after this 40 time was posted because AU and highschool 40 times are inadequate, lol. Not ready to say he's a 4.2 guy but he's a definite sub 4.4.

Again, things we already knew before he came here:

2014 FSU Track and Field: All-ACC member of the conference championship indoor and outdoor track and field teams...ran a leg on the ACC champion 4x100 relay team and advanced to the finals in the 100-meter dash at the ACC Outdoor Championships...posted a season-best time of 6.82 in the 60-meter dash during the indoor season - a mark that ranked 17th in the nation among NCAA Division I football players.

PERSONAL: ...possesses outstanding speed, having been timed at 4.38 in the 40, which is backed up by his fifth-place finish at the 4A state track & field championship in the 200...

http://www.seminoles...TCLID=209573011

Edit: I'll that his state championship performance occurred in the state of Florida, which I'd venture a guess holds a rather high percentage of the fastest athletes in the nation.

I can see where if you were running track and field that it would be a huge difference. However running away from 11 people and not going just straight i can say that it probably doesnt make a huge difference.

Sir, you are 100 percent right. In terms of the football game, the 40-yard dash may not provide much substantial difference. However, I am talking about the metrics of the NFL draft. There is a reason it is utilized and important to many NFL GMs and Scouts. If it was just about the 22 guys on the field, there would be no combine at all,just game tape. Running a 4.3 instead of a 4.4 may not make much of a difference in terms of game speed, but it can make a difference in a player being drafted on day 2 vs day 3. A perfect example is Jonathon. He is undersized for a CB, has average hands and only decent in covering. Yet, he ran a 4.3 forty, which raised eyebrows. All of a sudden Jonathon Jones is being searched on youtube by NFL fans trying to find out about this kid. If you aren't an SEC fan or AU fan it is a good chance you don't know him, but after that forty, It raised his stock quite a bit. Probably wouldn't have been near as impactful if you combined his current attributes with a 4.4 forty.

If he can throw much more accurately than he demonstrated in the spring game and use that speed (legit time or not, but still fast) to run the read option then great. If not, then let him return kicks.

wde

we had corey grant running a sub 4.2 weighing 230 and getting us ready to forget bo jackson ever existed pre 2012. yes grain of salt.

we had corey grant running a sub 4.2 weighing 230 and getting us ready to forget bo jackson ever existed pre 2012. yes grain of salt.

Don't lose the forest for the trees. The message was, "Corey Grant is really fast." Well, Corey Grant is, in fact, really fast. (Not sure where the weight exaggeration comes from. I don't remember anything like that. I, along with a very few others, did say that he was big enough at 205 to be a college RB. See link above for the NFL's opinion on that.)

Again, the message is that JFIII is really fast. Again, this is something we already knew, not because of super secret fake magical Auburn hand-timed 40s, but because the kid competed very successfully at a very high level in the speed events in track and field. He went out and ran faster than a bunch of other really fast kids. This is a good thing. It really, truly does not matter if his actual 40 time is half a second higher than whatever was posted at the beginning of this thread. It really doesn't.

Don't lose the forest for the trees. The message was, "Corey Grant is really fast." Well, Corey Grant is, in fact, really fast. (Not sure where the weight exaggeration comes from. I don't remember anything like that. I, along with a very few others, did say that he was big enough at 205 to be a college RB. See link above for the NFL's opinion on that.)

Again, the message is that JFIII is really fast. Again, this is something we already knew, not because of super secret fake magical Auburn hand-timed 40s, but because the kid competed very successfully at a very high level in the speed events in track and field. He went out and ran faster than a bunch of other really fast kids. This is a good thing. It really, truly does not matter if his actual 40 time is half a second higher than whatever was posted at the beginning of this thread. It really doesn't.

i remember it fairly well but am too preoccupied with life to dig it up. His measurables were heavily exaggerated.

I'm thinking more like a tablespoon of salt.

Pick one! Kick returner, Omac speed sweep guy, slot receiver or QB? (before voting, consider that a QB must throw the ball with accuracy, something three different college coaching staffs have so far been unable to install in JF3)

The same was said of Nick Marshall, and look how he turned out...

Archived