Surprise, surprise another hate crime hoax

TheBlueVue

"Once again, the value of relatively inexpensive point-of-sale video systems has been demonstrated — this time in the hate-crime-hoax category. A pastor at an Austin, Texas church that proclaims itself an LGBT-welcoming congregation accused a Whole Foods bakery of decorating a cake with a homophobic slur, launching a lawsuit and creating a media stir complete with pictures of the cake itself. But when Whole Foods announced that it had video of the transaction and planned legal steps of its own against The Church of the Open Doors, suddenly Pastor Jordan Brown started backing away … at light speed:"

Whole Foods called Brown’s accusations “fraudulent” and released surveillance video from the day that Brown had bought the cake. It said that it planned on taking legal action against Brown.

On May 16, Brown released a statement to the media saying he is dropping the lawsuit. Brown said Whole Foods did “nothing wrong” and apologized for his actions. His full statement is below:

Today I am dismissing my lawsuit against Whole Foods Market. The company did nothing wrong. I was wrong to pursue this matter and use the media to perpetuate this story. I want to apologize to Whole Foods and its team members for questioning the company’s commitment to its values, and especially the bakery associate who I understand was put in a terrible position because of my actions. I apologize to the LGBT community for diverting attention from real issues. I also want to apologize to my partner, my family, my church family, and my attorney.

The question remains relevant..why do social justice warriors lie so much? In the absence of that video does anyone believe this guy would have ever come correct?

Archived