Stanford Swimmer Sentenced to 6 months of jail time

aujeff11

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 months doesn't seem like much of a deterrent , but he'll be seen as a sexual predator for the rest of his life.

6 months doesn't seem like much of a deterrent , but he'll be seen as a sexual predator for the rest of his life.

Thats not enough.

Thats not enough.

Inclined to agree. No clue what a 'standard' rape conviction is suppose to get, but this smacks of the " too pretty for jail " sort of nonsense that teacher got for having sex w/ her student ( statutory rape ).

Thats not enough.

Inclined to agree. No clue what a 'standard' rape conviction is suppose to get, but this smacks of the " too pretty for jail " sort of nonsense that teacher got for having sex w/ her student ( statutory rape ).

"Too pretty for jail" is exactly what it sounds like. The court is so scared that the prison will negatively scar the prison boy that they forget the VICTIM deserves justice of her own.

You counted the post by the " misogynist "?

Wow.

( that was a joke, son. )

You counted the post by the " mysogonyst "?

Wow.

( that was a joke, son. )

Im so confused about what you're talking about.

1) misogynist is misspelled wrong.

2) it's quoted, so I don't know who originally said it.

3)I don't know who you're referring to as the misogynist, and

4)it appears it's directed at me. If so, how am I a misogynist?

As stated , it's a joke, directed towards me. From an ongoing discussion tween Elle & myself.( mostly ) from another thread.

To the point, I'd say there's not any disagreement on the light sentence being a ridiculous punishment for the crime committed.

As stated , it's a joke, directed towards me. From an ongoing discussion tween Elle & myself.( mostly ) from another thread.

To the point, I'd say there's not any disagreement on the light sentence being a ridiculous punishment for the crime committed.

I guess you could say the political board thrives on disagreement.

"The father of a former Stanford University athlete convicted on multiple charges of sexual assault has said his son should not have to go to prison for “20 minutes of action”."

I could bang my head on a wall after reading this crap. It's bad enough that the rapist POS is expected to only serve three months, down from the laughable six month sentence. All are in jail too, not in prison which is where he belongs, he will be in a local jail.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/06/father-stanford-university-student-brock-turner-sexual-assault-statement?CMP=fb_us

"The father of a former Stanford University athlete convicted on multiple charges of sexual assault has said his son should not have to go to prison for "20 minutes of action"."

I could bang my head on a wall after reading this crap. It's bad enough that the rapist POS is expected to only serve three months, down from the laughable six month sentence All are in jail too, not in prison which is where he belongs, he will be in a local jail.

http://www.theguardi...ement?CMP=fb_us

:angry: I suppose that helps explain where the son got his value system. I can't help but wonder if the father would feel the same if his child had been the victim rather than the rapist?

"The father of a former Stanford University athlete convicted on multiple charges of sexual assault has said his son should not have to go to prison for "20 minutes of action"."

I could bang my head on a wall after reading this crap. It's bad enough that the rapist POS is expected to only serve three months, down from the laughable six month sentence All are in jail too, not in prison which is where he belongs, he will be in a local jail.

http://www.theguardi...ement?CMP=fb_us

:angry: I suppose that helps explain where the son got his value system. I can't help but wonder if the father would feel the same if his child had been the victim rather than the rapist?

I wonder if dear old dad would feel the same if ( when ) some guy in prison gets 20 minutes to have his way w/ son...

Thats not enough.

That type charge and conviction should yield a multiple year sentence. I think in this case I saw where max was 10 years. Seriously needed to be locked up for at least a couple of years

Thats not enough.

That type charge and conviction should yield a multiple year sentence. I think in this case I saw where max was 10 years. Seriously needed to be locked up for at least a couple of years

I think the max is 14 years. From what I have heard, the criminal, the judge, and the prosecutor are all from the same frat at Stanford. So there is that...

This sentence was handed down while we were on vacation and I wasn't paying as much attention to the news.

This is inexcusable. 6 months is what you get for some petty crime. It doesn't even rise to the level of a wrist slap. He should have been given a standard rape sentence (whatever that is) with perhaps a bit shaved off for having no criminal history.

This sentence was handed down while we were on vacation and I wasn't paying as much attention to the news.

This is inexcusable. 6 months is what you get for some petty crime. It doesn't even rise to the level of a wrist slap. He should have been given a standard rape sentence (whatever that is) with perhaps a bit shaved off for having no criminal history.

The minimum sentence (supposedly) was two years. Apparently, there is now an effort to recall the judge in the case.

20 minutes of " action ".

' That's my boy! '

1 proud pop right there.

The minimum sentence (supposedly) was two years. Apparently, there is now an effort to recall the judge in the case.

Personally I would have started with the 6 years the prosecution asked for, then maybe reduced it by a year or so for having no criminal history. It still feels like too little but the maximum is apparently 14 years, which seems like what you'd give for a more aggravated or violent assault (I realize all rapes are by definition a commission of violence, but there's definitely more violent versions of the crime).

I hope the recall works. Judges are expecting to use good judgement. If they aren't able to do so, they shouldn't be judges.

Everyone should be aware that he was not convicted of rape, either. He was convicted of sexual assault, which carries much lighter sentences. However, assault with the intent to commit another felony, such as rape is supposed to carry a minimum sentence of 2 years.

Personally I would have started with the 6 years the prosecution asked for, then maybe reduced it by a year or so for having no criminal history. It still feels like too little but the maximum is apparently 14 years, which seems like what you'd give for a more aggravated or violent assault (I realize all rapes are by definition a commission of violence, but there's definitely more violent versions of the crime).

I hope the recall works. Judges are expecting to use good judgement. If they aren't able to do so, they shouldn't be judges.

Agree on all accounts. The victim's statement is incredibly raw and should have hit a nerve. Apparently, not so much with this judge.

Archived