WCWS Finals vs. Oklahoma - Game 2

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We bat first tomorrow. It will be huge if we take the lead in the first inning.

I'm pretty sure the home team will be decided by a coin flip. I don't mind batting first and scoring first.

We bat first tomorrow. It will be huge if we take the lead in the first inning.

I'm pretty sure the home team will be decided by a coin flip. I don't mind batting first and scoring first.

That's true. Or hold them scoreless and score in the bottom half :)

Who do we pitch tomorrow? Start with Martin?

Some one has to edit in Saban's Kick Six reaction (taking off headset) when the Carasone's Grand Slam goes over the wall ...

I'm willing to bet #8 pitches the entire game tomorrow for OK

No doubt. But we get another bite at the apple and here's to hoping we chase her this time. War Eagle!

I have a feeling she won't be 100%. The time off may tighten up the muscles more so than if she had pitched a few innings. I'm sure she'll go to Norman tomorrow and take an ice bath as usual.

Who do we pitch tomorrow? Start with Martin?

Possibly. Myers is full of surprises. It may be the Senior, Marcy Harper. He may start Carlson or Davis though. He will save Walters for relief if needed.

Kudos to the defense and pitching to shut down that offense after they had a 7 run lead. And to Whitney Jordan. After the 2 errors, she made up for it with the 3 run homerun to spark the rally and another hit in her next at bat. Championship effort tonight. Can you imagine how OU feels? They see us nearly beat Parker in the 7th inning yesterday, and score 11 straight runs after they jump on top 7-0. I think their coach saw we got to parker a little as well and didn't want to kill the psyche more by bringing her in earlier. She was only coming in with the lead in the 6th or 7th. Parker has won 25 straight games so she knows she is the best chance for them but I wonder how nervous she is that we may light her up.

I get the feeling he might come back with Lexi. She had the arm warmer on tonight. I don't know the status of Marcy's illegal pitch problem. She hasn't pitched, I think, since the Miss. St. series.

Howard's catch made sportscenter top 10 in the #2 spot. (beat out by a similar catch, robbing a homer in mlb). I still think, given the circumstances, Howard's was more important/impressive. But I am biased.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

Howard's catch made sportscenter top 10 in the #2 spot. (beat out by a similar catch, robbing a homer in mlb). I still think, given the circumstances, Howard's was more important/impressive. But I am biased.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

I saw the highlights of the MLB game and thought they would put it higher, but I definitely think Howard's is more impressive.

Missed the game guys. Reading the comments in this thread has been an emotional roller coaster, but the outcome was well worth it!

War Eagle!! Glad for our girls.

Puzzling decision by the Okie coach to almost intentionally walk Cooper in the bottom of the 8th. They weren't trying to pitch strikes to her. If she swung, it would have had to be at a very bad pitch. That moved the winning run to 3rd, which should be a complete no-no. It turns out it didn't matter because of the grand slam but that move doesn't make any sense. I don't care who the batter is, you don't put the winning (losing) run on 3rd with only one out.

Parker threw somewhere around 20 pitches in the bullpen. I don't think she was ever coming into this game, I think that was to loosen her up for tomorrow. It's clear she's not 100% or she'd have been brought in sometime from the 5th inning on.

My whiskey is tasting mighty fine at this moment! :)

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

Are you sure? Just watched it and it was number one

It would have been easy for the women to fold up their tents and say we gave it a good try. Yogi Berry would love this team, "It ain't over till it's over."

Howard's catch was #1 Top Play. Carasone's Walk Off was tied for #3 with a few others but the talking heads said it was the biggest Walk Off of the night.

Everyone who can, should come to the Jane B Moore field and watch the game on the field's screen. My guess about a 1,000 fan were there for the last two game. It would be awesome to have more, it is one heck of an atmosphere. Oh, this was one unbelievable game with several unbelievable play.

Archived