AU add home and home with Penn St 2021-2022

Maverick.AU

I was there in 2003. I remember our center, left guard and fullback leading Ronnie Brown around the right end against valiant Penn State linebackers again and again. I began to pity those linebackers, fighting off ferocious blocks to tackle Ronnie for a 4-7 yard gain, and then get up to do it again. I was low in the southeast stands, around the five yard line, watching this play repeat itself, like a film loop, watching the setting sun glint off our helmets, until Ronnie crashed over the goal line. It was Tuberville football at its best. I do remember shouting back "WE ARE...AUBURN!" It was without malice. It was just pride at being an Auburn man on that day.

I have a friend that is a Penn State engineer. The six-pack bets are already placed for both years. I look forward to those games.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Penn State would be a cool place to go see a game. I won't be going, but it would be cool.

They have good fans. I'm glad we are bucking the trend of the neutral site *&%#. I've always said home and home is the way to go.

Auburn must add more seats to Jordan-Hare before Penn State comes to the Plains. There's gonna be a lot of Auburn fans who'll want to be in Jordan-Hare for that game. It will be sold out. JJ and the BOT must know this and agree and start the ball rolling to add at least 8,000 to 10,000 more seats.

Auburn must add more seats to Jordan-Hare before Penn State comes to the Plains. There's gonna be a lot of Auburn fans who'll want to be in Jordan-Hare for that game. It will be sold out. JJ and the BOT must know this and agree and start the ball rolling to add at least 8,000 to 10,000 more seats.

Consistent give you that

Why does everyone hate Georgia Tech?

Well I'm the #1 hater and I assume your a lot younger then me.

1. gt thinks Auburn is a foreign country of rednecks who don't deserve to play them home in home for 30 years

2 Ever gone to a game at god awful Grant Field

3 bobby frickin dodd

4 think they are gods gift to football especially in the south

5 bobby frickin dodd

6 let them rot in hell

7 glad Rudy got his chance

8 gt girls are frickin ugly but smart I'll give them that

9 bobby f&^% dodd

10 playing them in golf was so wonderful cause we beat their ass Country Club set of flat bellies but they never would shake our hands. So yes I hate their ass and always will

What me to go on.............

I'll go on with the most important thing (to me). We have absolutely nothing to gain by beating GT and if we happen to lose it would likely end up costing us a tier when it comes to bowl season. Good god, we played in a friggin bowl game in Legion Field against friggin Memphis State last year! That is no place for Auburn to be! Also, those of us who live in Georgia have to listen to enough crap fron the dawg fans without having to listen the the rambling wreck folks, yeller jackets or whatever they call themselves these days. Finally, that triple option crap is very difficult to prepare for when you see it once a year. They usually run up a bunch of yards and make you look bad even even when they lose. We have everything to lose and nothing to gain by playing them.

Consistent give you that

Haha. This may be the worst one though. Now we have to add 10k seats just because of one game? I'm sure the $500,000 they'd make on those seats for that one game would justify the $50 million it would cost to put hem in :lmao:

Nah, PSU doesn't travel well. Jordan Hare's capacity will be fine for this one.

Penn State would be a cool place to go see a game. I won't be going, but it would be cool.

They have good fans. I'm glad we are bucking the trend of the neutral site *&%#. I've always said home and home is the way to go.

Lot of family ties on my wife's side to PSU so I will definitely take the opportunity to go up there. And I couldn't agree more. I cannot stand the neutral site games. They deprive us of a game on our campus or the opportunity to visit someone else's. Neutral sites are what bowl games are for.

BlueFrogg is very happy about this game being scheduled.

Why does BlueFrogg talk in first person like a 2009 Facebook status

Are you the alter ego of A4E?

Are you the alter ego of A4E?

Nope. Midnight returns! !!

I love it. Let's have more, like Michigan, ND, UCLA, Texas, etc...

Gotta have a winning program before we can get upper tier P5 programs like that to give us a home & home. Colorado is the only P4 school to give us a home & home w/ Pearl & they only got good the past few years.

Gotta have a winning program before we can get upper tier P5 programs like that to give us a home & home. Colorado is the only P4 school to give us a home & home w/ Pearl & they only got good the past few years.

We had a chance with a home and home with UCLA a few years ago and declined. Pearl just inked a home and home with UConn.

We had a chance with a home and home with UCLA a few years ago and declined. Pearl just inked a home and home with UConn.

Yes but UConn is in the AAC, not a P5 school technically.

UConn has won multiple national titles, and not in the too distant past.

UConn has won multiple national titles, and not in the too distant past.

I know but they still don't have the overall prestige of the other schools in your OP.. It's a great series to pick up but more attainable than the others in your OP til we start winning.

Also if Benedict had not just left AU to be the UConn AD I think this series would not have happened at all right now.

You gotta start somewhere. Playing a perennial player in college BB is a step in the right direction. We'll get there as long as we are willing to continue the pursuit of big time home and homes.

You gotta start somewhere. Playing a perennial player in college BB is a step in the right direction. We'll get there as long as we are willing to continue the pursuit of big time home and homes.

No doubt. Bruce believes in scheduling big.

I'm sorry everyone. I thought this was the UConn home & home thread. I would move the posts over there if I could.

I'm sorry everyone. I thought this was the UConn home & home thread. I would move the posts over there if I could.

Haha. I was wondering why you went on a tangent to BB. It was uncharacteristic of you.

Archived