AU add home and home with Penn St 2021-2022

Maverick.AU

We still have the void for one year in either 2018 or 2019, correct?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We still have the void for one year in either 2018 or 2019, correct?

2018 & 2020 still open. We have Oregon at Jerry's World in 2019.

This is great news for both sides. So, now we got the pac 12, ACC and Big ten out of the way. I would love to schedule a "neutral site game" with the likes of TCU or OU to just get into the Texas pipeline.

This is great news for both sides. So, now we got the pac 12, ACC and Big ten out of the way. I would love to schedule a "neutral site game" with the likes of TCU or OU to just get into the Texas pipeline.

TCU? Bring me TEXAS.

TCU? Bring me TEXAS.

Yep! They still have a 30 year butt whoopin we have yet to cash in on.

TCU? Bring me TEXAS.

I thought about the idea of TEXAS as well, but they are so into themselves, would they really sign on?

TCU? Bring me TEXAS.

I thought about the idea of TEXAS as well, but they are so into themselves, would they really sign on?

At som,e point. I think the Big 12 is making their schools play 1 P5 team a year soon as the SEC is.

TCU? Bring me TEXAS.

To the contrary...as Jim Fyffe put it..."an old debt, paid in full"....

http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2011/08/the-top-ten-auburn-games-played-in-jordan-hare-1981-2000-part-1/

10. Texas, 1987 season.

Other games—perhaps any of the Honorable Mentions above—could fill this spot as easily as the 1987 Texas game. After all, nothing much was on the line here; no conference titles, no championships, and heck—it wasn’t even a bowl game. It was in fact the opening game of the year. That being said, this game did mean a lot to Auburn players and fans alike. Texas had ruined Auburn’s shot at the national championship in 1983, dealing the Tigers their only loss of the season. A year later, in Austin, the Longhorns had won again and dislocated Bo Jackson’s shoulder in the process. Payback was more than due, and the ’87 Tigers delivered it by the truckload, crushing Texas 31-3 to start off a memorable season.

The Longhorns, who had dismissed Fred Akers as coach following the previous season and replaced him with David McWilliams, appeared to expect that Auburn would run the ball every play. To the contrary, Auburn had every intention of throwing the ball, and the passing game (which had been in use since the beginning of the previous season) clicked on all cylinders. Senior Jeff Burger connected with a powerful squadron of receivers that included Freddy Weygand, Lawyer Tillman, Alexander Wright, and Duke Donaldson, among others. For the defense, in his first game as a Tiger, Greg Staples at safety made an eye-popping interception when he crashed into a Texas receiver in midair and literally tore the ball away, and Kurt Crain at linebacker helped stuff the Texas run game and at one point even hugged the referee.

No, this wasn’t an earth-shatteringly consequential game in the big picture, but it was a big, emotionally satisfying win over the Texas Longhorns, after two very damaging losses to them. And that’s plenty.

TCU? Bring me TEXAS.

Not for me. I still want to give them more.

For 2018, here are the schools with openings in their schedules:

Stanford, Oregon, Notre Dame, BYU, Kansas, TCU, West Virginia, UNC, Texas Tech, Pitt, Georgia Tech, FSU, Northwestern, Michigan, & Michigan St.

Of those, however, WVU, FSU, UNC, and Pitt are already scheduled to play 2 non-conference Power 5 teams--so they aren't likely options. Also, TCU is playing Ohio St. and both Michigan schools have what will likely be their only big non-conf. game already scheduled--so they're likely not options as well. And given that we're playing Oregon in 2019, I'd say they are out. So that leaves the following schools as realistic options for 2018:

Notre Dame (2 slots open), BYU (2 slots open), Kansas, Texas Tech, and Georgia Tech. My early predication is G. Tech (who also have an open date for 2020).

While I know some would like to wreck tech for good, I would love to pay them back from the last home and home with them. They beat us in both games where we were probably the better team.

TCU? Bring me TEXAS.

It was, according to the legend. But what does Jim Fyffe know?

Perhaps Strong can make them relevant again so Gus can "give them more."

Should be a fun matchup for the fans and players. And most importantly, it's NOT Clemson.

I second that and also note it is NOT GT.

TCU? Bring me TEXAS.

It was, according to the legend. But what does Jim Fyffe know?

Perhaps Strong can make them relevant again so Gus can "give them more."

I know. I was stating my opinion. It's ok to want to put another butt whoppin on them.

Dang 2022......Jay putting a lot of pressure on me.....I'be be in my 80s by then God willing. Any chance we could move that up a few years? :)

Dang 2022......Jay putting a lot of pressure on me.....I'be be in my 80s by then God willing. Any chance we could move that up a few years? :)/>

Just hitting your prime by then.

I keep seeing some murmurings of AU playing against Oregon in 2019 at Jerry's World. Any truth to that?

Edit: It's on Twitter so you know I had to ask about it's validity.

I keep seeing some murmurings of AU playing against Oregon in 2019 at Jerry's World. Any truth to that?

Edit: It's on Twitter so you know I had to ask about it's validity.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/oregon-auburn-set-for-2019-season-opener-063015

Dang 2022......Jay putting a lot of pressure on me.....I'be be in my 80s by then God willing. Any chance we could move that up a few years? :)

That's nothing. Golf was in his 80's when Auburn started playing football. :lol:

For 2018, here are the schools with openings in their schedules:

Stanford, Oregon, Notre Dame, BYU, Kansas, TCU, West Virginia, UNC, Texas Tech, Pitt, Georgia Tech, FSU, Northwestern, Michigan, & Michigan St.

Of those, however, WVU, FSU, UNC, and Pitt are already scheduled to play 2 non-conference Power 5 teams--so they aren't likely options. Also, TCU is playing Ohio St. and both Michigan schools have what will likely be their only big non-conf. game already scheduled--so they're likely not options as well. And given that we're playing Oregon in 2019, I'd say they are out. So that leaves the following schools as realistic options for 2018:

Notre Dame (2 slots open), BYU (2 slots open), Kansas, Texas Tech, and Georgia Tech. My early predication is G. Tech (who also have an open date for 2020).

FIFY

Why does everyone hate Georgia Tech?

Well I'm the #1 hater and I assume your a lot younger then me.

1. gt thinks Auburn is a foreign country of rednecks who don't deserve to play them home in home for 30 years

2 Ever gone to a game at god awful Grant Field

3 bobby frickin dodd

4 think they are gods gift to football especially in the south

5 bobby frickin dodd

6 let them rot in hell

7 glad Rudy got his chance

8 gt girls are frickin ugly but smart I'll give them that

9 bobby f&^% dodd

10 playing them in golf was so wonderful cause we beat their ass Country Club set of flat bellies but they never would shake our hands. So yes I hate their ass and always will

What me to go on.............

Archived