AU add home and home with Penn St 2021-2022

Maverick.AU

I'm really happy to see Auburn returning to scheduling H&H games with teams outside the south. It's not only great for fans, but it is great marketing, adding to the national visibility of Auburn University. Cal and Penn State are a good step up in quality/visibility of the teams as well. Cal & PSU > Kansas State and Washington State.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BlueFrogg is very happy about this game being scheduled.

Why does BlueFrogg talk in first person like a 2009 Facebook status

I'm building up my brand.

Make Auburn football great again! JFIII for QB in 2016.

This is great news for both sides. So, now we got the pac 12, ACC and Big ten out of the way. I would love to schedule a "neutral site game" with the likes of TCU or OU to just get into the Texas pipeline.

TCU? Bring me TEXAS.

Yep! They still have a 30 year butt whoopin we have yet to cash in on.

Didn't we beat Texas at Texas in the early 1990's. I believe Stan White was qb. 14-10 or something along those lines. Too lazy to look it up. Just going off of memory.

This is great news for both sides. So, now we got the pac 12, ACC and Big ten out of the way. I would love to schedule a "neutral site game" with the likes of TCU or OU to just get into the Texas pipeline.

TCU? Bring me TEXAS.

Didn't we beat Texas at Texas in the early 1990's. I believe Stan White was qb. 14-10 or something along those lines. Too lazy to look it up. Just going off of memory.

Late 80s. Viper already posted it. I hate Texas though & want more.

I love it. Let's have more, like Michigan, ND, UCLA, Texas, etc...

Gotta have a winning program before we can get upper tier P5 programs like that to give us a home & home. Colorado is the only P4 school to give us a home & home w/ Pearl & they only got good the past few years.

We had a chance with a home and home with UCLA a few years ago and declined. Pearl just inked a home and home with UConn.

That wasn't going to be a home and home with UCLA. It was going to be a 1 time (season opener) neutral site game in Atlanta, but our schedule was already full. We said we would play them the next year but it didn't work out.

TCU? Bring me TEXAS.

Played them at Texas in 1991. We won 14-10. Don't mess with my Auburn football trivia. Especially when I was an early teenager....

TCU? Bring me TEXAS.

Played them at Texas in 1991. We won 14-10. Don't mess with my Auburn football trivia. Especially when I was an early teenager....

Just saying what Viper already replied w/. I never checked. Relax & drink a cold one. It's Independence Day for crying out loud.

TCU? Bring me TEXAS.

Just saying what Viper already replied w/. I never checked. Relax & drink a cold one. It's Independence Day for crying out loud.

Oh and Viper was right. We paid Texas back for the 1983 & 84 losses beating them 31-3 in 1987.

TCU? Bring me TEXAS.

It was all tongue in cheek. enjoy your 4th...

TCU? Bring me TEXAS.

Oh and Viper was right. We paid Texas back for the 1983 & 84 losses beating them 31-3 in 1987.

I was at both those damn losses hate that DK Royal stadium

This should be a fun series. This is the kind of stuff I've been hoping for.

I like the idea of playing historically strong P5 teams like Penn St, Michigan, etc. For recruiting territory purposes I would love for us to get a series with Texas, Baylor, or Houston. Also, I really want to see us play Notre Dame.

JJ is doing this smart. Sign a H&H with Penn State. They are still gasping for breath like a beached whale, after the NCAA skewered them. Then play a H&H with Cal, which is in meltdown mode, on the verge of ditching their HC and the program in turmoil after the death of one of their players.

Don't get me wrong. I've already said that I like the national exposure of playing these teams. But let's get them while they are crippled, right? Enough of this crap, playing Clemson when they are national title contenders. Just gimme some wins! Our SEC schedule is always brutal. Need some hope. Need some hope. Lets schedule Illinois and Indiana and Kansas too.

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

Okay, I really am just joking, guys. By the time we play these two teams, they'll be past their current problems. Hopefully, Auburn will too. It would be great to play these teams when both Auburn and they are powerhouses!

Archived