2016 SEC Media Days

RunInRed

12 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Woof. Why am I not surprised my boy had time on a Monday afternoon to devote to heckling Malzahn? I'm guessing he's free tomorrow and the next day as well. 

That's Ring Hat dude, if you remember him. Has been there every year for 4 years. This year he has a WWE-style belt instead of the ring hat. 

And now I'm going to go punch myself in the stomach until I puke for knowing any of this. 

Can't say I'm surprised to find out ole boy has had plenty of mid-week time for multiple years. Something tells me if they had SEC Media Days every other week, he'd have the time in his schedule to show up each week.

I will say I'm sorely disappointed in your encyclopedic knowledge of Bama lunatics. C'mon Loof. You're better than that.

13 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Can't say I'm surprised to find out ole boy has had plenty of mid-week time for multiple years. Something tells me if they had SEC Media Days every other week, he'd have the time in his schedule to show up each week.

I will say I'm sorely disappointed in your encyclopedic knowledge of Bama lunatics. C'mon Loof. You're better than that.

I deserved that. But in my own defense, I got all that info from one graphic on twitter, courtesy of WarBlogle:

CnGE3COWcAAa-Wd.jpg

15 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Since the bammer lives in his moms basement, his income requirements are probably pretty low... No need to let a job get in the way of what's really important in his life.  :poke:

12 minutes ago, alabamabrown14 said:

Matthew Stevens@matthewcstevens 3 hours ago

Malzahn: "My strength is being on the field coaching an offense. Auburn coach says he has to be more active in game planning.

Biggest takeaway for me

This comment stuck out to me too, in particular, being more active in game planning. 

17 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

This comment stuck out to me too, in particular, being more active in game planning. 

It's actually been his talking point for quite a while now.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

It's actually been his talking point for quite a while now.

I remember him talking about being more hands on this season but don't remember him saying anything about game planning. I assumed he was still actively a part of game planning even being a "CEO" type coach.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Wasn't it a first offense for all of them? Why punish a first offense publicly? Good call on Gus

28 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I remember him talking about being more hands on this season but don't remember him saying anything about game planning. I assumed he was still actively a part of game planning even being a "CEO" type coach.

I could see the disconnect. Maybe not disconnect but difference from previous seasons. I wasn't sure what it was at the time. I don't think it is a big deal. He identified the problem and has vowed to fix it. I'm in. 

• Like 1

I like what i'm hearing but i've liked what i've heard in the past from Gus. So, i'll believe it when i see it. Just show me! 

• Like 1

Predicted to finish 6th in the west ahead of Miss St. With no votes to win the conference. Yet somehow Arky,Vandy, and USCe gained first place votes. AU, Mizzou, UK, and MSU are the only teams not to receive one 1st place vote. Oh well, fuel for the fire.

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1

This makes me want to put money on AU.

But the fact that I put money on JJ to win the Heisman before the national guys ran with his Heisman hype and for AU to win the SEC championship last season makes me weary...I had only bet on AU once before and that was the AU/UT SEC CHampionship game in 1997. Dameyune Craig vs Peyton Manning. That was a heartbreaker. So all my AU and betting experiences are not good ones eeesh

18 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Predicted to finish 6th in the west ahead of Miss St. With no votes to win the conference. Yet somehow Arky,Vandy, and USCe gained first place votes. AU, Mizzou, UK, and MSU are the only teams not to receive one 1st place vote. Oh well, fuel for the fire.

Definitely fuel for fire but I understand why we're picked so low...we essentially had the same team last year and we wet the bed...if we had a more definitive answer at QB I think we would be picked atop the SEC West

I completely understand the pick, but we didn't have the same team last year. At all. The defensive line is much deeper. Carlton Davis was a no-name at this point last season, and we were supposedly a pass-first team (with Jeremy and Duke as the front men for the offense). That's certainly not the expectation or the personnel this year. If I asked you to name the five best players on the offensive side of the ball, it would probably be (in no order):  Kozan, Smith, Golson, Robinson, and Johnson.

Again, I understand the pick, but win or lose, this team won't look anything like last year's team.

I'm going to be most intrigued by our WR play. It doesn't matter who is playing quarterback (relatively speaking). We are going to need a couple of guys to emerge as big play makers on the outside. It could make a really, really big difference. I think about what someone like Calvin Ridley became for Jacob Coker. Our offense will look completely different when you have a guy or two who can turn a 10 yard hitch into a 60 yard touchdown. That ability was sorely lacking from our offense last year.

23 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I'm going to be most intrigued by our WR play. It doesn't matter who is playing quarterback (relatively speaking). We are going to need a couple of guys to emerge as big play makers on the outside. It could make a really, really big difference. I think about what someone like Calvin Ridley became for Jacob Coker. Our offense will look completely different when you have a guy or two who can turn a 10 yard hitch into a 60 yard touchdown. That ability was sorely lacking from our offense last year.

Christian Kirk did it early for TAMU, also. There are enough studs in this class that at least one of them should make an impact. 

Carl Lawson's interview is without a doubt the most impressive I have seen by any athlete, in any sport, at any career level, ever.

This guy is totally impressive.  He didn't even have to stop and think before he responded. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

^Indeed. Lawson seems to fit the "Auburn Man" mold. He's such a great representative.

Edited by AUwent