2016 Fall Camp - Practice 7

RunInRed

Wednesday, August 10th

• No media viewing window
  • 6:00PM CT - Selected players post-practice interviews

Catch Up: Fall Practice Schedule / Links to Previous Practice Updates

They've picked their spokesmen very well this year.  Intelligent and humble guys. And also wise to the media. I wonder how much time they've spent training these guys this year on speaking to the media.

• Like 1

Auburn linebacker Tre' Williams was limited during Wednesday's practice.

Fellow linebacker Darrell Williams said Tre' William was dressed out for practice, Auburn's eighth of fall camp, but "he didn't really do anything" due to the ankle injury he suffered on Saturday.

"He got injured the other day; he could've been back the next day," Darrell Williams said. "But it's kind of like taking the process as he recovers. There's really no telling when he'll be back out. It's not that big of an injury, but he's just taking it as a process."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/08/auburn_linebacker_tre_williams_4.html

13 hours ago, RunInRed said:

I'm expecting big things from all the William's this year.

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

I'm expecting big things from all the William's this year.

Yep. Everybody talks about Tre but I think DW will surprise some people. We made a very smart move hiring T-Will IMO, he's going to be a heck of a coach.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yep. Everybody talks about Tre but I think DW will surprise some people. We made a very smart move hiring T-Will IMO, he's going to be a heck of a coach.

DW did look much improved to me in the spring game and I agree T-Will is going to be a good coach and also a top recruiter.We may start getting some of these top LB'ers to come to AU.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Recruiter too. They love him.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Slightly OT, but what is the likelihood of one of our freshmen receivers becoming a starter by year's end?

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Very good chance before years end

I'm still sticking to my pick of NCM starting game 1. He's blocking well & we have no established tall outside guy like him.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'm still sticking to my pick of NCM starting game 1. He's blocking well & we have no established tall outside guy like him.

I thought he NCM was injured.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That was Kyle Davis

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.  I can't wait to see these young receivers out there making plays.  I think this group could end up being something special.

At this point, the only emotional investment I have in this season is setting up to do better in the years following (which I think will happen), so I want to see at least one of our new receivers start.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AUwent said:

At this point, the only emotional investment I have in this season is setting up to do better in the years following (which I think will happen), so I want to see at least one of our new receivers start.

So see you later til 2017 or 2018?...

Edited by ellitor

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

Tony Stevens is not the outside tall guy for now. as he is a senior?