Marshall Taylor Arrives on Campus

abw0004

5 hours ago, oracle79 said:

If he was on concussion protocol, I would think the absences would be excused (medical) and his professors would have to work with him to get caught up in classes. As a Grad student, I believe you need at least 9 hours of class to be full-time (at least it was like that way back when I was in grad school).

55 minutes ago, ellitor said:

1. No unless the student does it & AU never had that policy. 2. Yes

Thanks guys. Thats wonderful news. Hopefully he can get back on the field and can have a Countess type season. I know Countess didnt have world changing stats, but he sure seemed to be a leader last season.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, ellitor said:

1. No unless the student does it & AU never had that policy. 2. Yes

It was the policy when I was in school that you would be dropped if you missed the first day of class. It may depend on which college you are in though.

2 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

It was the policy when I was in school that you would be dropped if you missed the first day of class. It may depend on which college you are in though.

AU makes lots of exceptions for athletes regarding class attendance I expect. Consider how much time baseball and basketball players spend away from campus.

5 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

In a public school and receiving student aid. Grant, free tuition, etc you will be dropped if you miss the first class. I would suppose a medical condition and or athletic scholarship would be grounds for exception. 

I'm not being funny I just don't remember reading this anywhere else, but was this guy very good or something? Were we thinking he woke be starting? What are his expectations?

3 hours ago, alexava said:

In a public school and receiving student aid. Grant, free tuition, etc you will be dropped if you miss the first class. I would suppose a medical condition and or athletic scholarship would be grounds for exception. 

Medical excuses were accepted and you would not be dropped. I was commenting on E saying this was never a policy at AU because I know it was for me. 

8 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Maybe. When I started in '96 though for General student pop you could miss the first week or 2 & not lose credit or be force dropped.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'm not being funny I just don't remember reading this anywhere else, but was this guy very good or something? Were we thinking he woke be starting? What are his expectations?

Was expected to be a significant contributer at CB given all the spread teams we play, aka 3rd or 4th CB.

3 hours ago, alexava said:

That was not true as recently as 2008 when I went back. You could either miss til the 3rd of 5th class day & not be dropped. Just checked the AU add/drop page it's still the 5th class day.

Aside from depth, what is up with all the hype surrounding this guy? Is it just because he's been MIA that he's getting so much attention or is he supposed to be some kind of phenom?

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Bump. Any word on Taylor since the Clemson game?

No... Last I read they were working to get him ready but didn't know how long that would take.  Right now, I don't know that I would play him anyway, Davis and Holsey were rocking it on Saturday.

He needs to get ready ASAP.  C Davis and Holsey are great!  J Davis is good.  But I'm not sure who would be our 4th CB right now.  I'm guessing it would be between Taylor and Broussard.

I have to admit, I would much rather be discussing concerns about our 4th CB instead of our 2nd CB like we have in recent years.

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

He needs to get ready ASAP.  C Davis and Holsey are great!  J Davis is good.  But I'm not sure who would be our 4th CB right now.  I'm guessing it would be between Taylor and Broussard.

I have to admit, I would much rather be discussing concerns about our 4th CB instead of our 2nd CB like we have in recent years.

Or our 1st QB

Archived