Colin Kaepernick answers his critics

aujeff11

On September 14, 2016 at 6:37 PM, aujeff11 said:

Dabo is well learned and an excellent communicator but I don't agree. He is a self made white millionaire that is telling black people how to protest. Telling them that America is great. And I don't agree that Kaepernick did it all wrong. He should've narrowed down his platform but I have no problem with his protest.if it requires a person to shake the dust out of the cushions in the middle of the living room to prove that the cushions are dirty, go for it. Lastly, I struggle to see the reasoning in bringing up MLK. MLK once said that his worst enemy was not the racists, but the "white moderates." Why? Because they were afraid of the status quo being changed. They wanted to push things off until later when MLK was screaming the time is now. I think of them when I see Dabo wanting to restrict the parameters of the protests. 

“I think the answer to our problems is exactly what they were for Martin Luther King when he changed the world. Love, peace, education, tolerance of others, Jesus,” Swinney said. “A lot of these things in this world were only a dream for Martin Luther King. Not a one-term, but a two-term African-American president. And this is a terrible country?

WTF is this? Is he saying that Black Americans  are not under oppression? And since when did tolerance of others and Jesus co exist so well? I posted the article with no mention of Christians. The second was a shot at the hypocritical ones. (Directed at nobody)Please take a bow if your biography says Christian on Facebook just because everybody does it, but also frequently puts pictures of drinking and smoking on there as well.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-clemson-coach-swinney-speech-injustice-ridiculous-article-1.2792355

Basically what I was saying. Dabo's attempt to use MLK was really stupid. 

Hell, the article even talked about the "white moderate" like I did. 3 Points for NY Daily.

"For, if Dabo Swinney had read Dr. King's “Letter from Birmingham Jail,” he would know that it was not a letter about the Ku Klux Klan or the Confederate Flag or lynching or voting or equal rights, but it was a letter about how hurt and stung he was by the luke warmness of moderate white Christians who say they love God but do so little to fight injustice faced by their black neighbors.'

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

How on God's green earth does this thing have 326 replies (as of this posting)?

For one, the issue isn't going away. More and more celebrities and athletes have pledged to join Kaepernick in protesting the anthem.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-clemson-coach-swinney-speech-injustice-ridiculous-article-1.2792355

Basically what I was saying. Dabo's attempt to use MLK was really stupid. 

Hell, the article even talked about the "white moderate" like I did. 3 Points for NY Daily.

"For, if Dabo Swinney had read Dr. King's “Letter from Birmingham Jail,” he would know that it was not a letter about the Ku Klux Klan or the Confederate Flag or lynching or voting or equal rights, but it was a letter about how hurt and stung he was by the luke warmness of moderate white Christians who say they love God but do so little to fight injustice faced by their black neighbors.'

Jeff,

You are right  that Dabo is a self-made successful person. Grew up poor, but with hard work, dedication and a great attitude, made something of himself. Many of these "protesters"  could learn a lot from him.

As they say "Successful people have a sense of gratitude. Unsuccessful people has a sense of entitlement".

5 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Jeff,

You are right  that Dabo is a self-made successful person. Grew up poor, but with hard work, dedication and a great attitude, made something of himself. Many of these "protesters"  could learn a lot from him.

As they say "Successful people have a sense of gratitude. Unsuccessful people has a sense of entitlement".

Kaepernick is a millionaire.

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Just goes to show the people with a "sense of entitlement" don't change when they become rich.  

A bi-racial man that is protesting against minority oppression isn't entitlement. What social injustice has Kaepernick claimed to receive because of his skin color? My point is that not all protesters are unsuccessful. Kaepernick has been successful after all.

43 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

For one, the issue isn't going away. More and more celebrities and athletes have pledged to join Kaepernick in protesting the anthem.

I seriously wish that now that Kaepernick has everyone listening that he would use his fame to inspire people to do better. Getting everyone's attention should not be the goal.

27 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I seriously wish that now that Kaepernick has everyone listening that he would use his fame to inspire people to do better. Getting everyone's attention should not be the goal.

Don't hold your breath hoping that's coming next. When I heard CK try to explain exactly what he was protesting when HE first ran to the media to bring attention to his schtick, I realized what a moron he is. The guy is literally not worth wasting any fricks on. Let him protest..why anyone would give a single frick what he does is beyond me.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

A bi-racial man that is protesting against minority oppression isn't entitlement. What social injustice has Kaepernick claimed to receive because of his skin color? My point is that not all protesters are unsuccessful. Kaepernick has been successful after all.

And my point was to ridicule Pub's absurd implication that poor people feel entitled.

22 hours ago, homersapien said:

Just goes to show the people with a "sense of entitlement" don't change when they become rich.  

Uppity.

On 9/16/2016 at 11:24 AM, Grumps said:

Maybe that is not his goal?  Maybe that is merely your perception?  Perhaps, for some reason, you aren't really listening because you will not validate his concerns?

1 hour ago, AcUmen said:

Where are all the black folks being shot down by racist white cops?  WHERE ARE THEY?  Anyone have a list I can look at?

Seriously? You think a lack of statistics isolating shootings based on racist motivation proves something?

What a specious, idiotic question.

On 9/16/2016 at 0:24 PM, Grumps said:

Perhaps he was just expressing his personal frustration with the casual acceptance and affirmation of our country's presumed perfection.  

It's got us talking about it doesn't it?

27 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Seriously? You think a lack of statistics isolating shootings based on racist motivation proves something?

What a specious, idiotic question.

I am not sure if you're a troll or just an idiot.  The burden of proof is on those making the accusation.  That's how science works.  That's how criminal law works.

I want to see evidence that there really is a wave of racist cops shooting innocent black folks.  I want evidence before I believe something.  Is that too much to ask?

21 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

I am not sure if you're a troll or just an idiot.  The burden of proof is on those making the accusation.  That's how science works.  That's how criminal law works.

I want to see evidence that there really is a wave of racist cops shooting innocent black folks.  I want evidence before I believe something.  Is that too much to ask?

dont pay no never mind to him.  he is a stupid libtard.  he thanks just cause they is police departmints with KKK members and a disproportiate amount of blacks in prison and just cause more of them people is kilt in custidy that they is some sort of unequallness.  he thanks colin kaperneck is rite.  he cant see that its white Christian males who is under attack.

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

dont pay no never mind to him.  he is a stupid libtard.  he thanks just cause they is police departmints with KKK members and a disproportiate amount of blacks in prison and just cause more of them people is kilt in custidy that they is some sort of unequallness.  he thanks colin kaperneck is rite.  he cant see that its white Christian males who is under attack.

Disproportionate amount of blacks in prison has nothing to do with racist cops.  It has to do with blacks simply committing more crimes.  Are racist Cops responsible for the major murder wave happening to Chicago right now?  Are racist cops causing black males to kill other black males?  

I understand you're a troll and not a very good one at that, but you know, I am just here to provide inconvenient facts.

2 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Disproportionate amount of blacks in prison has nothing to do with racist cops.  It has to do with blacks simply committing more crimes.  Are racist Cops responsible for the major murder wave happening to Chicago right now?  Are racist cops causing black males to kill other black males?  

I understand you're a troll and not a very good one at that, but you know, I am just here to provide inconvenient facts.

yea buddy.  Them blacks is predeposed to committin crimes.  They is just like animals.  White Pour!

Just now, icanthearyou said:

yea buddy.  Them blacks is predeposed to committin crimes.  They is just like animals.  White Pour!

Do you deny they FBI statistics?  I understand it is your job to ignore facts, but I want to hear your reasoning on this one.

43 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

I suppose you'd demand to see the psychological test results of the lynchers to determine if racism might have played a role in the lynching of a black person. 

What planet did you come from anyway?

Was this cop racist?  Does it really matter?

Image result for Charleston shooting in the back imageImage result for Charleston shooting in the back image

2 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Do you deny they FBI statistics?  I understand it is your job to ignore facts, but I want to hear your reasoning on this one.

No, I do not deny statistics.  However, you have to attempt to understand them, not merely believe that they support your racist prejudices.  Do you deny the history of institutional discrimination and oppression suffered by black America?

So far, all you have proven is that you are either an idiot or, a racist.  My guess is both since they go hand-in-hand.

Your narrative is idiotic because, while there is no denying that we are making progress, it is also undeniable that there is still work to be done.  

Your narrative is racist because, you seem to want to further the idea that black Americans are somehow predisposed to a life of crime.

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

No, I do not deny statistics.  However, you have to attempt to understand them, not merely believe that they support your racist prejudices.  Do you deny the history of institutional discrimination and oppression suffered by black America?

So far, all you have proven is that you are either an idiot or, a racist.  My guess is both since they go hand-in-hand.

Your narrative is idiotic because, while there is no denying that we are making progress, it is also undeniable that there is still work to be done.  

Your narrative is racist because, you seem to want to further the idea that black Americans are somehow predisposed to a life of crime.

Where did I say that?  You are the one saying that.

Archived