Robinson's accuser recants

EclecticTiger

Just saw on B/R she has recanted her accusation. 

Question: Since this was only part of the reason for his dismissal, is it too little, too late for him to be invited back on to the team?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cjs53 said:

Sorry mods. Please merge Treads. I looked before posting but I guess I took to long to post.

It's recants, not recounts.  Recounts would mean that she just repeated what happened to her. Recanting means that she said she was lying, which according to multiple sources is true.  Looks like the university really blew it on this one.  Hope Jovon doesn't decide to file suit. Based on the fact that someone was searching out this info, it looks like that might be what's about to happen.

Here's one of many articles:

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Woman-recants-domestic-violence-claim-against-former-Auburn-Tige-47311430

3 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

That wasn't the only thing that got him kicked from the team tho if I remember correctly..

No, but it was probably the biggest factor and, based on the report I read, it really opens both the girl and Auburn up to a lawsuit, because the choice to kick him off the team without evidence beyond the girls now known to be false claim could cost him A LOT of money.  Brace yourselves for just that thing to be the next major news coming out of Auburn this season.

What's really sad is now there's going to be doubt every time a girl comes forward with a legit problem because one stupid girl was mad and decided to Title IX it as a weapon.  I hope she realizes the damage she's done.

Lying then....lying now....who knows but that was not the only incident was it?   Guess we are going to forget about the Columbus incident?    

Sue AU for getting dismissed from the football team?  What right was violated?  Just wondering. :dunno:   Perhaps he can sue the female student for besmirching his sterling character? 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Lying then....lying now....who knows but that was not the only incident was it?   Guess we are going to forget about the Columbus incident?    

Sue AU for getting dismissed from the football team?  What right was violated?  Just wondering. :dunno:   Perhaps he can sue the female student for besmirching his sterling character? 

Right. If any suit is filed it should be against the woman for slander.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The Columbus incident is still a gray area that no one knows the whole story about. And, yes, sue AU for getting dismissed.  My wife works for a school that is getting sued by 3 players for getting dismissed, and they have no case.  Jovon has a case, because part of the reason for his dismissal, arguably the biggest part, was a giant lie, and Auburn didn't investigate it thoroughly enough before making the call to let him go.  Not only that, but since he was slated to be the starter and was expected to be a major contributor in his senior year, and thr dismissal happened at a time where there was no way for him to move to another team, he can legitimately state that by dismissing him, they potentially cost him millions of dollars.

Don't think for a second that there aren't lawyers salivating to get that case.

2 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Right. If any suit is filed it should be against the woman for slander.

He certainly has a case there, too, and she should receive some kind of punishment or making a fraudulent claim, but she likely has no money, so the lawyers will go after the school.

i wish we would leave folks from memphis alone. if they are not doing something those whom they hang around do. even the memphis team was classless..........

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

This happens all the time in DV situations.   I'm not buying the "recanting" story.  Flame away.

Im sure it happens all the time in fake DV situations  also

9 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

What's really sad is now there's going to be doubt every time a girl comes forward with a legit problem because one stupid girl was mad and decided to Title IX it as a weapon.  I hope she realizes the damage she's done.

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

This happens all the time in DV situations. 

Like the JW case at FSU...which time was she lying and how do you know?

This is garbage . Jovon should be reinstated. No questions asked. The girl should be punished. That's lie could ruin someone's life. Unreal man

1 minute ago, tombigbeetiger said:

problem is, if i got this right, you can't sue the state, or state institutions, of which AU is one....laws may have changed, but years ago, one would have to sue individuals rather than institutions....

Yea... they will name individuals.  In the case of my wife's work, they named the coach and a handful of administrators, but that is, in effect, suing the school, because the school is going to pay to defend them and the cost if they lose.

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This is why you don't jump on a guy without knowing everything....

Yep. I expect he will be paid handsomely. 

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i wish we would leave folks from memphis alone. if they are not doing something those whom they hang around do. even the memphis team was classless..........

That is quite the broad brush ya got there.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Like the JW case at FSU...which time was she lying and how do you know?

Exactly. None of us know. Funny that judgment is already flying in the other direction. 

As for Robinson's dismissal, the reasons for that are up for debate, too.

In fact, I haven't found anybody other than Jimmy Creepy who reported- based completely off what Robinson told him- that it was because of the woman. Here's Jovon's former coach talking about it. 

Archived